Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Open Solitude (3 player map)
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:  Open Solitude (3 player map)
Subject description: A little treat ;P
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey all; and yet again another Red Alert 3 map.

I haven't been as active as I would of liked to be this year, but it is the last year before heading out into a larger world; so I must ask of you to cherish this next map for awhile.

Open Solitude was designed for Synergy (a RA 3 mod which introduces yuri in the form of the "legion"), this map will feature as a possible 2 player max map for that mod at some point.

As always - my fanatic style is japanese; but with a healthy dose of water.

Mini map preview:

Map preview:

Open_Solitude~Tiberianfiend.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Open_Solitude~Tiberianfiend.zip
 Filesize:  655.47 KB
 Downloaded:  506 Time(s)

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work as always TiberianFiend, although it could have been a 4 player map as well. 3 player fights are almost never fair. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks beautiful, I'd love to play it only since my gfx card died I cant play RA3. Until then I can only say it looks good, I'll save it for later. #Tongue

Yuri Legends
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool Map! I've never seen that 'smokes' before in 3rd picture. Wink

TiberianFiend
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its funny, even when the official forums fail to give a respond - ppm has alway had afew onlookers to cheer me up; though the current feeling for the RA3 game has died out abit.

The smoke FX is Uprising based but supported in the last update for RA3; it wasn't easy tp get hold of, but afew uprising props are in this map and also a tide/wave effect in the water.

As for the number of players - I wanted to make a 3 player map; as I seem to fall into the 4 player max map makers, this map has well placed resources to make sure that each player can access ore without ganging up on one player, the southern player is most likely to be targeted - but the heavy resource clash in the north keeps the players happy enough.

The AI is set to target each other player in a clock wise or anti clockwise strike pattern and is random for each start up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon