Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:45 pm
All times are UTC + 0
exalted40000 makes an comment
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject:  exalted40000 makes an comment
Subject description: commentating the mod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I have been playing this mod for some time after the patch 1 was launched, and I've played some skirmish matches and most of the campaign missions. The mod in itself is great, from graphics to units to Globotech. But here are some questions and thoughts:

Are the raptors supposed to be passive? Since they only attempt to attack if you disturb them, and even then they don't move at all, they only attack units that come within range. In the manual it is stated that they can crush entire bases and armies, but since it doesn't move, it hardly can do such a thing.

also you have failed to mention the beetle-like creatures from beta city in the manual.

Then the skirmish AI. I know it isn't finished, but there is things that bug me and one is the big difficulty difference between levels 0 and 1. At level 0, the computer doesn't bother to set up any units at all, it only builds an pretty base and proceeds to bomb other players with a superweapon. On the other hand the level 1 computer also creates large amount of units and sends big groups of units peridiocally to attack (when facing Nod computers, I have for now fallen to a massive cyborg asssault every time) Atleast level 0 com should build small amounts of units.

Also, are you still planning to add TD buildings into maps, so that players can build old units?

And then a suggestion:
Since there is a Globotech armoury, should there also be a Globotech garage/facility that allows players to build Globotech vechicles and could either be used to promote vechicles, or if that's too OP, just quickly repair vechicles to full health?

So there was my input. Hope you notice Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: exalted40000 makes an comment Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to PPM, exalted40000! It's also always good to have more of us Finns here #Tongue

Quote:
Are the raptors supposed to be passive? Since they only attempt to attack if you disturb them, and even then they don't move at all, they only attack units that come within range. In the manual it is stated that they can crush entire bases and armies, but since it doesn't move, it hardly can do such a thing.

They should be able to move, they do so in, for example, Arboreus Abyss. Some raptors are passive, and do not retaliate unless provoked, while others are aggressive. Similar to Fiends.

Quote:
also you have failed to mention the beetle-like creatures from beta city in the manual.

The Fire Bug is simply an easter egg that doesn't appear anywhere else. It's a reference to the movie Starship Troopers.

Quote:
Since there is a Globotech armoury, should there also be a Globotech garage/facility that allows players to build Globotech vechicles and could either be used to promote vechicles, or if that's too OP, just quickly repair vechicles to full health?

I think this has been discussed before and I agree, a GloboTech weapons facility (not necessary a Factory type building) is a good idea.

Thanks for the comments, keep them coming!

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you. It's good to find a place were there are other finns, as opposed to RA3 paradox mod wiki, where the closest thing to that are swedes Confused

Crimsonum wrote:

They should be able to move, they do so in, for example, Arboreus Abyss. Some raptors are passive, and do not retaliate unless provoked, while others are aggressive. Similar to Fiends.

That map is the one where I run to this problem. The raptors don't bother, even if an badly playing metal band would drive past it, playing their bad music on the bed of the truck as they go. And they won't chase, if you disturb them and run away.

Crimsonum wrote:

The Fire Bug is simply an easter egg that doesn't appear anywhere else. It's a reference to the movie Starship Troopers.

Wut?! those are fire bugs? I was thinking fire bugs are gonna be just red versions of the normal bug (like the fire ants in giant ant missions of red alert)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
That map is the one where I run to this problem. The raptors don't bother, even if an badly playing metal band would drive past it, playing their bad music on the bed of the truck as they go. And they won't chase, if you disturb them and run away.

If I'm not mistaken, you have to move right next to the raptor for it to start chasing you. It's because of their short range.

Quote:
Wut?! those are fire bugs? I was thinking fire bugs are gonna be just red versions of the normal bug (like the fire ants in giant ant missions of red alert)

Nope, these are the fire bugs.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to PPM.

Quote:

Sometimes they chase after your units if they are attacked on maps but there is the odd occasion where they don't. On Aboreus Abyss for example, I'm certain that the Elder Raptors chase you if you disturb them. Also, big thumbs up from me because you actually read the manual.

Quote:

No I didn't. Check the manual for "Fire Bug". That units image does need replacing though, I might just add a red version of the normal Bug like you mentioned earlier.

Quote:

Also, are you still planning to add TD buildings into maps, so that players can build old units?

Rather than doing that, a while ago I decided it would be interesting to create an alternative game-mode for TI called Twisted Dawn where you use the old units rather than the new ones. But in any case, you can still capture some of the old structures on certain maps and train the old units, I will get around to implementing that much better than it currently is one day.

Quote:
Then the skirmish AI

Unfinished and being worked on.

Quote:

We have discussed this before, I originally wanted to Add a GloboTech Factory so you could construct GloboTech Vehicles, just like the Armory allows you to train GloboTech Infantry, however, I scrapped the idea a while ago in favor of adding a new unique unit to the Armory section (The Exo-Suit) since aside from the Disruptor, Nod and GDI both have units that can fulfill the roles of the other GloboTech units. However! I am still up for adding a GloboTech Factory to Twisted Insurrection as a Tech Structure, maybe it will make an appearance some day.

Thanks for the Input, it will all be noted.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: exalted40000 makes an comment Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Multiplayer AI is currently being rewritten, it should be better (and more balanced in difficulty levels) in the next public version.

Mukavaa palautetta Wink

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:

Sometimes they chase after your units if they are attacked on maps but there is the odd occasion where they don't. On Aboreus Abyss for example, I'm certain that the Elder Raptors chase you if you disturb them. Also, big thumbs up from me because you actually read the manual.

I remember that the young raptors did move and attack (as in pit of despair) But the elder raptors of Aboreus Abyss do not. I could check into the elder raptors of other maps and see if it's general, or just something caused by the map.

Aro wrote:
We have discussed this before, I originally wanted to Add a GloboTech Factory so you could construct GloboTech Vehicles, just like the Armory allows you to train GloboTech Infantry, however, I scrapped the idea a while ago in favor of adding a new unique unit to the Armory section (The Exo-Suit) since aside from the Disruptor, Nod and GDI both have units that can fulfill the roles of the other GloboTech units. However! I am still up for adding a GloboTech Factory to Twisted Insurrection as a Tech Structure, maybe it will make an appearance some day.

you know, both GDI and Nod have also infantry units that can fill the niche of ranger (with peacekeeper and militant) and guardian (with disk thrower and incinerator) The Globotech vechicles could then do as cheaper option to the vechicles of major factions.

Also, another thing: The thing was a nicely done thing to the surrounded map, though I was expecting it to be an land version instead.

Last edited by exalted40000 on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both the Guardian and the Ranger have different abilities which the Nod and GDI Counterparts can not fulfill though, for example, the ranger is much faster and much more powerful when elite and the Guradian is just an overall beast against all forms of armor, especially when elite. The secret with the GloboTech units is their elite abilities which makes them a force to be reckoned with.

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then how about using that as an excuse for putting the vechicles?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have considered that, you can also notice how more effective GloboTech units are in the campaign once you get them elite (like the GloboTech Infantry), but it was easier for the Infantry considering the Amory can promote your Infantry if you order them to enter it. It's impossible to create a promoting structure for Vehicles though. But like I said, I am still up for adding a GloboTech Vehicle Plant Tech Building. We'll see how it goes.

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could the vechicle plant instead be used to repair damaged vechicles instantly? (like the hospital heals infantry instantly)

one reason why I want the globotech vechicle plant, is that I was planning to do fan-fiction campaigns (with one played with globotech #Tongue )

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could make it a Repair Bay. Again, what you suggested isn't possible unfortunately.

I like you, you're creative. Razz

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wouldn't say it's impossible to create an instant repair repairbay.
I think with the right heal particlesystem attached to the SpecialActiveAnim, which starts when a unit enters a repairbay, the PS should be able to repair the unit on the bay.

The only problem would be, that the repair is this way for free, as the PS is doing the job and not the repairlogic.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That did come to mind, but I think what he meant was for the vehicles to actually enter the structure and come out another side, like how the Hospital works, which as far as I know would be impossible to replicate for vehicles. Instant-Repair with Particles for a Repair Bay-like structure is fine by me, the fact that it wouldn't charge you for usage would make it an even more valuable Tech Structure.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But so is healing free in a Hospital, and since these buildings would only be capturable, it's balanced.

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I like you, you're creative. Razz

Thanks Very Happy

Just one thing though. Are there any specific way for me to find out who in online server are playing twisted insurrection? I would like to get online, because I want to play team matches (which can't be done in AI skirmish)

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The best way to get multiplayer games running is adding some other players to some IM program like WLM/MSN Messenger (the most popular one) or Xfire, and ask them for a game when you've got the time. I, Aro and Ordosherrscher play quite often. There are also others who play sometimes, like Tore and Crimsonum.

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimmy does play often, too, as far as I know #Tongue

Anyway, I would be in favour of the factory idea, too.
Especially cause only GT has the disruptor - so, it IS some kind of niche ^^ Additionally, I would give them then the ability to produce repair vehicles - once you got a repairbay and this factory, ofc. Its quiete annoying when some enemy destroys your repairvehicle, and your attack forces are based on air assaults - you have no way to repair them but to rebuild the bay >.<

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Crimmy does play often, too, as far as I know

Not as often as I used to :/

I'm also not sure if most people (apart from the staff that is) play TI in XWIS, because I haven't seen many asking about online play. It's as if people just stick to skirmish and the campaign Neutral

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to PPM, 40k. #Tongue

It's just a suggestion but does anyone know if daTS still has that War Factory he posted in the Media Hut? Of course it would need an overhaul so to fit the established GloboTech style.

Aro wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I guess sooner or later Aro will ask you to use these for TI's Globotech. Very Happy

Nah, not this time. Though they do scream GloboTech. #Tongue

Sorry Boss Laughing

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK. I'll add a GloboTech Factory to the next Staff Build and we can give it some testing, if it has positive results, then I'll make it a keeper.
I guess I'd better start making some GloboTech Vehicle Cameos.

exalted40000
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, my email's there #Tongue

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ErastusMercy wrote:
Welcome to PPM, 40k. #Tongue

It's just a suggestion but does anyone know if daTS still has that War Factory he posted in the Media Hut? Of course it would need an overhaul so to fit the established GloboTech style.

Aro wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I guess sooner or later Aro will ask you to use these for TI's Globotech. Very Happy

Nah, not this time. Though they do scream GloboTech. #Tongue

Sorry Boss Laughing

I still have those models man. I think I can work something out Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Concerning the non-moving Raptors in Arboreus Abyss:
They indeed move, however the special Tiberium Arboreus is using the 4th internal tiberiumtype that needed an exe hack to work and this Tiberium type is the only one with the special hardcoded feature, that infantry can't move on them.
Since raptors are infantrytypes, they can't move on the tiberium and the pathfinding logic also can't find a way around this tiberiumtype. Thus they often don't act and simply stand around.

In short: This is due to the Tiberium and i fear without an exe hack or a complete replacement of the Arboreus tiberium on this map into the 3rd type (the less valuable Red tiberium), there is no way to fix it.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, can't you just move the raptors away from the spreader's range?

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Or, at least, if there isnt any red tiberium placed on the map, cant you change the image and the colour of the 3th tiberium type to match the 4th?
Never looked into the image thing, though^^

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum