Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:47 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Update #11 (?)
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject:  Update #11 (?) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have finaly found time to get cliff tileset finished. Texuture is quite different, yes, i was trying a replicate as it looks at FMV. hope you like it.

And thanks to Regulus, rewire is now featuring some of his exellent remakes of civilians building.

Last edited by Gangster on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's alive! Looking great Gangster Smile

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good work. Are the roads four tiles wide now?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am planing another road texture for highways (four tiles wide). And this is simple country road three tiles wide.

Last edited by Gangster on Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am i actualy seeing this? Its amazing...

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome, awesome..

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

glade to see this mod still in active. Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look pretty nice, like proper TD sequel cliffs. #Tongue Although I've got one suggestion: try and make the top of the cliffs (particularly cliffs facing away from the camera) more interesting. They can look a little square, especially, like I said, the ones facing away.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if this doesn't get finished and released i'll fly to russia and kill you personally gangster

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its pretty, but I can't say I'm excited. I want to see it released then I'll get excited.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to see it released as well. Thing is, its not playable yet. And to become enjoyable this mod should get more artwork, which we are discussing at Update threads.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I look forward to some mappers getting hold of this terrain.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The buildings are a really outstanding remake and so is most of the terrain.

Though imo could the cliffs and the slopes be better:
-The texture of the cliffs is great, but the transition to normal ground at the top and bottom could be less abrupt and more smooth. Here i would like to see a small slope too instead of a 90° angle from flat terrain to the cliff-wall.
-some of the slopes could have a less visible upper and lower border too and a more smooth transition to the next flat cell.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have to agree with what LKO said, but besides that amazing work so far. Keep it up.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually I was expermenting with cliff+slope terrain.

but this would requre way more time to complete set, and I have tried to minimaze PSH editing job. also it would requre creating new TMPs which is actually may cause extreme butthurt. So new shape was droped.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well surely you can fake it considering cliffs have the 1 impassable cell at the bottom.

Atari2600
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy ztype! It's beautiful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon