Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
Parallel Wars Returns.
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [110 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know if it's realistic but I think it looks great. #Tongue

On another note I always think desert camo fits the Soviets, considering they've always fought across plains towards the middle-east and Asia.

Black, grey and yellow camo could suit Europe as it's more subversive/urban/exotic. Either that or simple woodland camo, which suits England especially IMO.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well isn't it more green where they come from? Green just suits them too well anyway. I havn't found a colour that beats green for the Soviets yet.

I will try a few new colour schemes though.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Civilian stuff, I'm finally starting to get that feeling I want from the mod, atmosphere wise.

I also got all the effects for the heavy tank attached and I changed its speed and turn rate and everything. Feels really heavy now. Heh, it Makes me happy... Smile

Oh and the range of its weapon has been greatly extended (its using the crusader gun). I wonder why they made it so short originaly though.

This pic you see is part of the first official map and stage of the Federation and Neo Soviet Campaign.

flngud.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  198.11 KB
 Viewed:  11551 Time(s)

flngud.png

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The shape of the tank's turret is a bit odd(, and of course one building isn't textured), but I like what I see.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[TiberianFuture] wrote:
The shape of the tank's turret is a bit odd(, and of course one building isn't textured), but I like what I see.

Odd you say? why may ask? Is it the back of the turret perhaps?

Anyhoo...

My first mech concept for the mod, so far I am failing at the animation part so it'll be a while before this thing gets up and running/walking.

It is for the Federation... The plan for it is to be friggn expensive and show up much later in the tech tree. Ment to take out bunkers and very heavy armour. Will have too light machine guns on it too.

Goliath sounds nice for it don't you think?

mekwp.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.4 KB
 Viewed:  11512 Time(s)

mekwp.png

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Odd like it's so thin and squarish... just a bit weird

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

your titan juggernaut hybrid looks like it has some extra polies that can be gotten rid of

206UE
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ΞvΞ2y7hin6 Λ30u7 7his m0d L00ks fun 70 mΞ.

Last edited by 206UE on Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:39 am; edited 2 times in total

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Tiberium Future: It's the angle of that pic, coz the turret aint that square it curves down on the sides.

DaFool wrote:
your titan juggernaut hybrid looks like it has some extra polies that can be gotten rid of

Yup it deffinately does, I havn't finnished modelling it in anm8tor yet. Don't worry, I try and get rid of any un-needed polys of any model. I go by what your tutorial says, "make it as effecient as possible".[quote]

@ 206UE : Glad you like it.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Happy new year!

Some more WIP: more civilian work and a Neo Soviet Rocket artillery thingy. The dam things ran over the trees in front of the houses!

I will post a close up on the unit after working on the textures a bit more.

Its using the buggy weapon for now and needs some of the effects aligned properly..... Will do that soon.

hapyn.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  342 KB
 Viewed:  11456 Time(s)

hapyn.png

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WIP A heavy turret for the Federation. Ment to stop armour in their tracks.

Very long range and very heavy armour for its class. Also its rather acurate but its expensive and takes long to reload. Weaker against most types of infantry.

It needs a power supply too. Well that the idea for now.

tur2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  167.25 KB
 Viewed:  11425 Time(s)

tur2.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The basement looks a bit too small imho. Also, can it knock out infantry that are next to it with the barrel? #Tongue

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basement is underground but I get what you mean. I need to show the under ground-ness a bit more.

Heh it would be cool if it could knock infantry, but it turns way to slow anyway.

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why are the turrets floating above ground?

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They are NOT floating dude, them turrets are firmly on the ground. Must be your eyes... Some more work on the textures should sort it out. Very Happy

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was looking to that shadow with odd facing. Man my eyes are sticky to that avatar. #Tongue

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sex sells.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I finally got a copied reskinned and resized infantry working.

Ignore the textures on the infs and tell me if you think the size is too small? Also remember the tank is about the size of a crusader a bit bigger to be specific.

sizeinfs.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  103.39 KB
 Viewed:  11334 Time(s)

sizeinfs.png

MT
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's fine by me. For selection I would recommend making them angry-mob logic though. Squads of infantry using that would be cool I think.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MT wrote:
There's fine by me. For selection I would recommend making them angry-mob logic though. Squads of infantry using that would be cool I think.

Angry Mob logic is bad imho.
Anyways, infantry size look good. Did you resize the models?

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More stuff...

That dead van needs a fix though, something wrong with the shadows. Anyway some more progress...

civies.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  235.99 KB
 Viewed:  11296 Time(s)

civies.png

Untrue
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never seen that kind of vehicle on the top. Is that a camo vehicle or something? #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow bleed bug; some of the faces aren't connected properly. Better double-check those Wink

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Shadow bleed bug; some of the faces aren't connected properly. Better double-check those Wink

Yeah thats the thing I can't fix it on Renx... I wonder if there is a bug fix for that. I can at least fix it most of the time if I go back to start in anim8tor but not all the time. Like with these dead things.

The light tank had that bug, only way I could fix it was deleting the faces. They barely visble so it wasn't a big deal but I would have rather had those faces there.

I want to get a new shader for the mod too. Perhaps that might fix the bug?

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rebels yay... and a new dead car if you can spot it...

The hole in one of the front windows is planned to be a where a garrisoned unit fires out of.

NB this is not a playable side... only for campaign and story.

But you can always highjack their shit... Smile

rebels.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.61 KB
 Viewed:  11236 Time(s)

rebels.png

rebelbakkie.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  502.17 KB
 Viewed:  11241 Time(s)

rebelbakkie.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Terminator mod? #Tongue

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@omega: Heh no...

Hey I think I should give it a spiked bullbar and some extra armour plating... hmmm

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The hummer has been replaced...

It was my first official model for the mod actually. The thing was friggin high on poly count dam. I wasn't even thinking about polys while I was making it.

Anyway its gone now. I'll keep the backup somewhere. Feel rather sentimental about it...

So what you think? Oh the turret will get replaced too... heh I forgot about that.

new hummer.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  247.69 KB
 Viewed:  11162 Time(s)

new hummer.png

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More work.

First damage stage I done. House needs a bit more work too I guess.

damage2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  201.44 KB
 Viewed:  11149 Time(s)

damage2.png

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the new hummer, but from this angle the back looks slightly empty.. Though the angle isn't really the best for checking out the back.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Hummer looks like a BMW now. Can't unsee #Tongue

As for the damage state its too simple and bland. Should see some more destruction.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dam, it does look like a beemer... Now I can't unsee it either.

Oh thats just damage stage 1 man. theres still another 3 to go...

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should use both the new and the old hummers. They look like 2 different vehicles anyway. maybe put some side mount sidewinder missile launch tubes on the new one Razz

Looking good L()KI.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't use the 2nd one its too high on polys.

I'll make a lighter vehicle like it probably...

Anyway I completely forgot to post these.

New infs....(WIP)

Man I swear I psted these.. Anyway I wish I could give them a balck outline like in borderlands, they need to stick out a bit more I think. hmmmm

yankieinfs[2].png
 Description:
American empire infs
 Filesize:  83.97 KB
 Viewed:  11099 Time(s)

yankieinfs[2].png

euroinfs[2].png
 Description:
Federation infs
 Filesize:  95.2 KB
 Viewed:  11099 Time(s)

euroinfs[2].png

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A rebel car...

I call it the evil duck car... Still a WIP needs a few vents and perhaps some camo.

duckcar.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  259.1 KB
 Viewed:  11072 Time(s)

duckcar.png

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what the hell is this? Apocalypse Now + Mad Max with a bit of Robocop?

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't worry omegabolt, soon I will release the story.

Anyways more stuff.

The tank destroyer has a light rocket pod next to the main gun, if you can see it.

Also check moddb for more stuff here is the link:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/parallel-wars-tc

ruslies.png
 Description:
Neo Soviet tank destroyers and light infantry.
 Filesize:  329.08 KB
 Viewed:  10924 Time(s)

ruslies.png

Logo progress 1.png
 Description:
American Empire (now called Earth Empire) Logo concept. It;s the blue one in the corner and two neo soviet logos.
 Filesize:  405.73 KB

Logo progress 1.png

Federation Logo.png
 Description:
Federation Logo concept
 Filesize:  224.39 KB

Federation Logo.png

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Those are very complex logos. They're nice, but complex. I suggest simplifying them a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tnkdes22.png
 Description:
Reworked tankdestroyers.
 Filesize:  205.99 KB
 Viewed:  10863 Time(s)

tnkdes22.png

rebeelies.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  255.41 KB
 Viewed:  10863 Time(s)

rebeelies.png

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rebel Boys? Any relation to Shoota Boyz?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dakka dakka dakka!

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
Rebel Boys? Any relation to Shoota Boyz?

Lol no. I called them boys because they are very young and even sized them to be smaller than regular infantry.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How many polies was the hmmwv? I can dress it down if the starting number is reasonable.

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean the hummer that was replaced?

That thing was made very badly man, like a 1000 polies or something. Theres no point, I replaced it with the new one. Now it's 408 polies.

I think I deleted the model, so I'm sorry if you wanted it or something. Thanks for the offer though.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No worries. I was going to try and optimize it for you, but if you've got a new one then it doesn't make sense to do it.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get your arse on MSN, I have something waiting for you #Tongue

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Earth Empire APC (WIP) with Camo... This unit is planned to be exclusve to a certain army of the Earth Empire, thus the camo.

Since this is actually ment for ZH each side will get 3 armies instead of generals. You will be able to tell which army is which from the camo.

This unit is close to done, just needs a little more work on the model and textures.

apc2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  498.09 KB
 Viewed:  10680 Time(s)

apc2.png

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

impressive

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The textures look cartoony yet stunning. Also the Mad Max theme for them rebels, I like Smile

L()KI
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks dudes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [110 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon