Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to Operation: World Defense forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 6:05 am    Post subject:  Welcome to Operation: World Defense forum. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome to Operation: World Defense forum! Here you can talk anything about O:WD which is a mod for Red Alert 2:Yuri's Revenge to add new features, units and missions for every team. Well, enjoy it! More info in their site and well, devin will get more clear info in this new mod very soon Wink.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, welcome to the forum for my mod. If you want to join the group, which right now is only me and a couple others, please sign up, i need all the help i can get. i also have a site at http://owd.savagewar.co.uk if you havent found another link to it yet.

Last edited by devin11590 on Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks cool, it will be easier if the superweapons are allowed, but hard if not Very Happy

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, that mission is for the Allies, you have to destroy the silos. Heres a list of some new units-or you can play the pre-release on my site.
DEVASTATOR-an enhanced demo truck, it packs the power of 25 nukes into one big explosion. Too bad it costs $45,000 and a half-hour to make, even with two war factories. You also need to capture a special tech building, which i havent added to any maps yet.
Nuclear Artillery-A Howitzer with Atomic shells. The nuke is currently too weak, i need to make it better when i get some time, but GREAT against large groups of infantry (even a 25 GI rush will go downl with 1 shot!
Tesla Fighter-A stolen Black Eagle with a mini tesla coil on teh bottom, fire five shots before haviung to reload. Will probably be changed to Tesla Kirov, because you really couldnt fit a tesla coil on a fighter jet, could you?
Rad Cannon-The Iraqis managed to squeeze the Desolators rad gun into a Sentry Gun. After a few updates of the pre-release, i will make it a little better against tanks, for now I'm just using the Desolators weak gun.
Tesla Coil-Not a new unit, but I am planning to make it able to fire a support beam like the Prism Tower.
Prism Tower-Not a new unit, but i am planning to have a Prism Trooper that can charge it like teh tesla trooper charges a Coil. This eliminates the problem of running out of power for the allies, and having a non-upgradeable defense for the soviets.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
looks cool, it will be easier if the superweapons are allowed, but hard if not

It is only the first mission, if there were superweapons, the player would expect to have them the whole time, besides, the mod is too easy as it is, i need someone to do teh final touches like AI in all of my levels. If anyone is interested, let me know here or in a new topic if you like.
After a few more posts, im gonna move this discussion to a better fitting name and delete this topic. I'm also going to make some other topics, and if the topic seems like you want to go there, by all means, do. Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

let me guess, you like nuke no ? Very Happy

dougfunie
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2003 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey devin, I added a post for your project onto the EntExplosion main page - http://www.entexplode.com/ - anything you'd like to add to it? (You do not have to register to post a reply to it)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
let me guess, you like nuke no ?

Actually, it is going to be a bridge between RA2 and TS. You might get to see some stealth stuff in the missions. Exclamation

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh, what kind of units will it have?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What exactly does meh, mean? Anyway, the new units depends heavily on what version you want, for example, the Allied mission version will have more units for the Allies AND Soviets during single payer, but all versions except for Yuri's Revenge will have the same units in skirmish/internet/network play. Some of the new units that are upandm working are listed above in an earlier post.
The new units depend on which 'win' the version assumes. I think I explained this in the DeeZire or Sleipners forums. It will be in a post with my mod's name in it.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry about the inactivity here, I've been moving my mod to a new pc and I still havet found my photo editing program, which is my only way of remembering which screenie is which. I will put up some more screenshots in the 'screenshots' section I'm gonna make soon. (here, not on my website) Please keep posting things about my mod here!

NOw i have discovered a feature in XCC mod creator that will be very useful. You will not have to download separate versions, instead, you will be prompted by a menu to choose Yuri, Soviets, Allies, or Online/Skirmish modes. I think it works, too. You just right click each voxel/INI/ anything else, then type in the name for the mode you want it in in the 'mode' section. its very simple.

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sorry banshee i forgot to do this earlier, i am removing all screenshots from this topic and will see if i can get em on the screenshots topic without uploading them again

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once you delete an attachment, it's gone and you'll have to upload it again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, besides, many of these screenies are out of date

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon