Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:09 pm
All times are UTC + 0
VK4502 Heavy Tank [RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject:  VK4502 Heavy Tank [RA2]
Subject description: The Mini-Maus
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A German heavy tank project of WWII. The VK4502(P) Ausf. B was one of the prototype designs for the King Tiger. Featuring a rear mounted turret (the other design had a forward mounted turret), the vehicle was intended to use the KwK43 88mm L/71 cannon, which could penetrate the frontal armor of most vehicles in WW2, and with the possible exception of its own gun, being largely immune to return fire (from the front). A test bed for Porsche's automotive systems, the vehicle's awkward turret location and complicated transmission/drive ensured it was never adopted for service. Ultimately, Henschel's (a competing firm) design was chosen; that vehicle is the Tiger II we know today.

More relevant to us though: it is much bigger scale-wise, meant to be a sort of heavy tank/Apocalypse-eater.

Download includes:
-VK4502(P) Ausf. B mit KwK43 88mm L/71
-VK4502(P) Ausf. B mit KwK46 105mm L/68
-Allied style icon (no, I am not taking requests to do it in Soviet or Yuri scheme)
-Readme

VK4502mit88.png
 Description:
VK4502 mounting the 88mm gun
 Filesize:  81.18 KB
 Viewed:  14972 Time(s)

VK4502mit88.png

VK4502mit105.png
 Description:
VK4502 mounting the 105mm gun
 Filesize:  191.2 KB
 Viewed:  14972 Time(s)

VK4502mit105.png

VK4502.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  VK4502.zip
 Filesize:  28.44 KB
 Downloaded:  503 Time(s)

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I calculated the size of this tank & your voxel is too short as I mentioned in the other thread.

Your voxel:
length: 76
length (hull): 64
width: 34
hight: 27

1/10 scale:
length: 85
length (hull): 71
width: 34
hight: 29

This is for the 88mm KwK43 version BTW.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The attachment below was my main source. Rescaling that top-view gave me the same results (71x34) that you gave- however, my original scale was 64x31.

As I said on the WIP thread, I ended up widening it by 2 units to add the overhang to the tracks, like in WoT

Though basically you're right. I thought the area highlighted in source 1 was the overhang I highlighted in source 2, when its actually where the tracks extend past the hull. There is also a random extra unit of width added there, which I can't really explain.

However, it'd be a huge pain in the ass to fix this, and would require me to redo the normals for the sides and hull overhang. Not really worth the trouble of correcting.

VK4502Source1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  315.21 KB
 Viewed:  14904 Time(s)

VK4502Source1.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well other then the size it's a cool voxel, I'll make my own one for D-day tho.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I understand that, it's also a bit too small for D-Day anyways. From the looks of your King Tiger, 71x34 would be more fitting, compared to my original 64x31. #Tongue

Not usually the one to ask this, but is MiG the only one to view this thread?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. #Tongue

While the voxel looks nice and I guess I'll use it, I don't want to get into this size argument... I'm not that expert neither in voxelling neither in WW2.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a pretty Modest Maus.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig and EVA are just comparing sizes, that's all #Tongue

Nice voxel. IMO it really doesn't matter how accurate it is since in that scheme it'll be being used parallel to a bunch of really inaccurate designs anyway.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:

A case of "whip it out and see who's bigger", eh? #Tongue

Steam

EVA-251
General

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Orac wrote:

A case of "whip it out and see who's bigger", eh? #Tongue
SICK MINDED PEOPLE

uh. Less talk about the scale of the voxel and more about the actual design and quality. #Tongue

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it just the way it is. good job Eva.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actual design and quality: After I set this up ingame I just acknowledged that this was the unit I needed.

All my thanks.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
LT.COL.Taquara
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work men

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!