Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Hey people!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject:  Hey people! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I blame Bittah Commander for linking me here Laughing

So how is everyone doing? I suppose half of you will not even know me, but oh well..

Looks like PPMsite is one of the last few remaining bastions of the older C&C games and is still going relatively strong considering the age of said games.

What have I been doing all this time? Well, nothing too special. I worked full-time for 4 years until like about year go, since then I've been unemployed and spent a lot of my free time on one of the world's biggest game sites, GameReplays.org, where I've taken on the job of Moderation Administrator. Yes, I've already taken a look at the Moderator forums in here and you guys seem to be doing quite well in that regard Smile

I've pretty much completely given up on Tiberian Sun though, I get invited to a buddy match for old time's sake every once in a while which unfortunately never ends up in me actually playing due to there being no decent and reliable way of connecting with other players. If only this game was supported by Gameranger :/

Hmm.. where have the post counts gone?! According to the list (which looks bugged btw) I still have the 24th highest post count, which is not bad considering I stopped posting actively like 5, maybe 6 years ago #Tongue

ArvinCool
Tiberian Beast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey people! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello
The DvD wrote:
there being no decent and reliable way of connecting with other players.

Try tunngle, it works great!

MT
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey DvD! I have to say, since you're here, TSTW was my favourite TS mod and what brought me into modding. I remember downloading it from tumsun itself on dial up, it was worth it then, lol. Your work is all but forgotten for many of us.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's great to hear, thanks Smile

It's funny though.. while working on the mod, I never had the impression it was well received - I think this is and has been true for a lot of TS modders.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, long time buddy, how ya been! :O

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, it's The DvD! An oldie indeed.

Can't say the community has changed much. You might have missed Rock Patch, NPatch, and Ares, as well as the VK drama that occurred from it.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, DvD. Well there is somebody I haven't seen much of since the TimSun went offline. Lot's of fun little stuff happened since then. Many people left and joined. And Tiberian Odyssey is still unreleased.

You are admin on Gamereplays? Knowing those kind of places, it seems to be rather a course of self-torture, rather than anything else. But I guess anything is good when you are unemployed, if only to take up time.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, DvD! Long time no see and welcome back Smile.

Hmm... yea, Tiberian Sun still survives here because it is very easy to mod, although the group of people who doesn't play that game is growing here. And I guess that, that's the tendency, specially when Ares reachs more mature levels.

Quote:
I worked full-time for 4 years until like about year go, since then I've been unemployed and spent a lot of my free time on one of the world's biggest game sites, GameReplays.org, where I've taken on the job of Moderation Administrator.

It must be a lot of work to take care of that place. AwfuL, isn't it? Laughing j/k

In a serious note, it's good to see that there are good people at GameReplays.org. I'm just not fan of few top guys there who wanna kill the fiction from future C&C games to put the whole focus on multiplayer. It's just a divergence on opinions, which is aggravated by the fact that EA seem to listen to them. I won't name creatures in this topic.

The DvD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CCHyper wrote:
So, long time buddy, how ya been! :O

Hey Luke =]

gufu wrote:

You are admin on Gamereplays? Knowing those kind of places, it seems to be rather a course of self-torture, rather than anything else. But I guess anything is good when you are unemployed, if only to take up time.

True ^^

It's a good community though, especially when you're higher up on staff, the people are actually really friendly, and passionate about their game. Some of the normal members can be pretty hostile though, especially towards casual gamers.

Banshee wrote:
Hey, DvD! Long time no see and welcome back Smile.

Thanks!

Quote:
Hmm... yea, Tiberian Sun still survives here because it is very easy to mod, although the group of people who doesn't play that game is growing here. And I guess that, that's the tendency, specially when Ares reachs more mature levels.

I have absolutely no idea what Ares is, looks like I'll have to check that out.

Quote:
It must be a lot of work to take care of that place. AwfuL, isn't it? Laughing

In a serious note, it's good to see that there are good people at GameReplays.org. I'm just not fan of few top guys there who wanna kill the fiction from future C&C games to put the whole focus on multiplayer. It's just a divergence on opinions, which is aggravated by the fact that EA seem to listen to them. I won't name creatures in this topic.

It's like a full time job dude.

Anyway, I saw you in AgmLauncher's topic on the official forums. Obviously, he cares more about competitive multiplayer than about singleplayer and lore. But that's no surprise when you consider the competitive focus of GR.org. If you're a casual singleplayer/skirmish gamer, it's just not the site for you Wink I don't think it's fair to say that he wants to 'kill the fiction' though. He just puts in on second place to actual good and balanced gameplay.

What is your opinion of the C&C 4 story? I have the game, but only played 2 missions before I got sick of having a wife yelling at me... WTF was that Laughing I don't want to start playing it again simply because I know it would disappoint me greatly.

And with the gameplay being so completely non-C&C like and the ridiculously lame unit designs, I could only stand 5 online games before I swore to never play it again. Mind you, the game is so easy that I even won 2 of those games even while I was a complete noob :/

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you again, DvD.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fronline DvD!

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
It's like a full time job dude.

Anyway, I saw you in AgmLauncher's topic on the official forums. Obviously, he cares more about competitive multiplayer than about singleplayer and lore. But that's no surprise when you consider the competitive focus of GR.org. If you're a casual singleplayer/skirmish gamer, it's just not the site for you Wink I don't think it's fair to say that he wants to 'kill the fiction' though. He just puts in on second place to actual good and balanced gameplay.

'Kill the fiction' looks like an exageration, but considering how EA already killed the fiction in C&C4 with the priority they had for the fiction, it is not. #Tongue

The DvD wrote:
What is your opinion of the C&C 4 story? I have the game, but only played 2 missions before I got sick of having a wife yelling at me... WTF was that Laughing I don't want to start playing it again simply because I know it would disappoint me greatly.

And you've seen the best part... lol... it only gets worse at some point, except for the wife being killed in the 3rd map. I think they actually lacked budget or time to do the ending, because it was very poorly executed. In overall, I did not like the story of C&C4 at all. It's a bad execution of a movie from Spielberg.... 'ET.. phone... home'.

The DvD wrote:
And with the gameplay being so completely non-C&C like and the ridiculously lame unit designs, I could only stand 5 online games before I swore to never play it again. Mind you, the game is so easy that I even won 2 of those games even while I was a complete noob :/

I've played few times online and I think I've never lost a battle either... I had no clue on how to play the game. But I've played it online when it was in beta stage. Now it should be a bit harder, since most people have much higher levels. So, all they need is that uber Crawler update that gives is a weapon and you are screwed up if they fight directly to you, unless they really don't know how to use the updated Crawler.

Honestly, the gameplay is bad. I've missed base buiilding and harvesting resources.... and lack of population cap. They've transformed the battles into paper scisors and rocks game, except that you can use engineers, if the enemy uses top units at you.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kijk eens aan wie er weer terug is #Tongue Welkom terug op ons nederig forumpje #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I brought Generals modding here and it has a small following, with the two leading mods atm being Dutchy's Frontline Chaos and L()KI's Parallel Wars. There's a few others, but I forget if the people Ive mentored has publically announced their projects or not yet. Plus there's Invasion Confirmed, which is....

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

...slowly under development, to bring the most epic you can into generals, without crashing it or slowing it to halt.

Or at least crashing it.

Symphonic
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy shit, DvD! Long time no see, welcome back.

Wess
TS Mapping GOD

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look who we have here! nice to see you DvD.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah, it's been...so...long. How's life going out there?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Welcome back Diederik (did I get that right? Smile).

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could have sworn I posted here. It's good to see you again DvD! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Welcome back Commander, it's an honor to have you back!"

Seriously, it's been years. Glad to see you alive and well!

The DvD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks people. Though I am unsure who half of you are Sad

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess you're just too popular #Tongue I remember reading some of ya posts and hearing of ya, but I'm sure you have not the slightest clue who I am xD
anyway, welcome back

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You better know who the hell I am! Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very Happy

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Thanks people. Though I am unsure who half of you are Sad

You don't have an excuse.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just now saw this thread. Sup DvD?

Better remember me. :p

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good to see ur still lurking about DvD

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

daTS wrote:
You better know who the hell I am! Smile

Hell yes Very Happy

Same goes for all of those who did not change their names, I remember you of course #Tongue

SMIFF what's that in your sig? Twisted Evil

Sir Modsalot
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good lord. I haven't seen you even on MSN for... uh. Huh. Well, actually I last saw Mello on MSN more recently than you (I damn sure hope you oldies remember him), and in fact Area52 before that (edit; she's actually online now!) but still more recently than you.

[quote="DCoder"]There is no sanity left in this thread.[/quote]

Last edited by Sir Modsalot on Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who the hell is Mello? I see no mellow people around. Razz

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LoL. The Dark Fox. I remember our Mello.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello DvD... It ist sehr nice to meat you.

Stygs
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
And you've seen the best part... lol... it only gets worse at some point, except for the wife being killed in the 3rd map. I think they actually lacked budget or time to do the ending, because it was very poorly executed. In overall, I did not like the story of C&C4 at all. It's a bad execution of a movie from Spielberg.... 'ET.. phone... home'.

As far as I know they had to cut some parts of the story (like the whole scrin thing) after they finished shooting, so they were forced to recut the videos to remove all mentions of them, resulting in this mess of a story.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ohh Anthromello? Yeah I remember him. I think I never had him on MSN though. Would sort of like to talk to him as he always seemed an interesting personality to me.

I'm not sure if I have you Sir, I am online on MSN pretty much 24/7 but I no longer have 'DvD' in my name.

Also is Ackron still alive? xD

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think I saw Ackron on MSN a few times, he didn't reply when I sent him a message or two, though.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah woah woah, how did I miss this thread?!

Look who decided to drop in! good to see you, hope you're enjoying yourself out there.

(Ya know, I never got the chance to talk to Ackron, he left like a month or two before I joined..)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!