Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:29 am
All times are UTC + 0
EVErgrowing Infestation (2-4)
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [60 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know I wouldn't enjoy having a crane sticking out of my forehead. #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Carno scores 10 Aro points. #Tongue

And 20 Alex06 points for being spot-on what I had in mind on the subject.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Based on the comments in this thread, TiberianFuture has modified the map. Pictures in the first post have been updated.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@DiaB: thanks Smile

Crimsonum wrote:
I wouldn't include that enthusiasm in TI.
I'd still not make a map based on the image...blahblah

Meaning you're not crazy enough. I am.
Crimsonum wrote:
How is it ignorant? I haven't read a half of the other posts here so I don't know about those, but I've stated my opinion and I have a right to that opinion.

You misunderstood my post. The 'text' meaned the one in my sig.
Crimsonum wrote:
I dislike if there are barely any norms to respect, be it anything from style-wise to map-wise to story-wise.

So you want everything to come from the same mold and look at the endless pretty redzones? Sorry for creating something different then Rolling Eyes

Orac wrote:
Just as a quick aside, maybe maps aren't the best way to pay homage to a genre or film/game/comic book/person/P.O.D?
I for one know that drawing inspiration from (Actually, Aliens and Terminator specifically) has yielded some really solid voxel and structural designs.

I agree, but my role for TI is mapper and there's no way I could make Aro accept such easter egg units from me. Or maybe I could, hmmm... nah.
Be sure to find those in CL though #Tongue

But yeah, enough said. The map has been updated with more resources, more attack routes and thus more possible strategies, I'm really
pleased with it now Wink

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, whatever, I can't bother continuing the debate as your replies are as childish as the map. Keep it the way it is, because like Carno said, it can just be ignored.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why is everybody blowing this completely out of proportion? Laughing

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does look more interesting now.

Ferrados
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

won't the bottom players have a big advantage because they are so much closer to the red tiberium?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its looking really good IMO, but i don't think the bottom players have advantage, but the top ones, i mean they near 2 green tiberium and the bottom ones only one, that looks an bit unbalanced unless you counting in the bottoms position to be easier to defend or something like that, but yeah great map, good work TF.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
Why is everybody blowing this completely out of proportion? Laughing
This map isn't serious enough. Tiberian Sun, and therefore Twisted Insurrection...very serious business.

The cliffs aren't elaborate enough, the map doesn't look like the face of the moon in terms of terrain ruggedness, there is no rainbow lighting, no hordes of tiberium creatures fighting the battle for you. No day-night cycles, no 3-building cities scattered throughout the map. And most sinfully of all, the map has a shape that can be recognized as something other than generic random terrain! Does it even have meteor storms? Sheeze.

Nah, j/k, as I said before with the older version, it's a fine map, I'd probably put in a few matches on it, and that extra blue tib for the bottom players should make their positions a little more tenable. That was to me the absolute biggest flaw on the map, the bottom two players being boned from the onset with their economic disadvantages.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon