Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnC browser engine pre alpha
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [79 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there is one more annoyng exploit. If i give unit move order into the shroud and there is impossible area underneath, unit wont move.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is this A* i noticed when flicking though the topic? I have noticed the same A* appearing in Tiberian Sun's path finding debug strings...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A* is a well known algorithm used for path finding. In this case, ronco has used it to make units move in a smarter way to the desired position of the map.

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

could not wait to make multiplayer "work"

.. see http://ronco.packagecloud.com/

start synchronisation takes some time and atm. waypoints are not synchronized .. but ill get this to work soon.. next problem is that websocket needs a server that have to be startet in apache console ... we will see ..

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Talking about path finding, units are being a bit dumb when you've got other friendly units in the path. You shouldn't treat them as obstacles, since they can move to allow your units to pass. I know it makes the algorithm becomes a bit more complicated, but your units will respond better when you order groups of units to move somewhere or attack something.

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i tryed a lot of things with this .. atm. i have some different impassable maps .. so one that has just the impassable coordinates from the map and one for each player that has all units of this player and the map impassable coordinates. if you order a unit to move somewhere it first uses the map only map .. then if there is a obstacle it checks...

same player as me & isnt moving => force it to move away
same player as me & is moving => wait
same player as me & isnt moving & is waiting => get a new path from the impassable map with units of my player

enemy unit & im crusher & its crushable => crush
enemy unit & there is a way arround =>get a new path from the impassable map with units of enemy player
enemy unit & there is no way arround =>fire

i'll try with "same player as me & isnt moving & is waiting" to just use a impassable map that contains the map impassables and the obstacle. thats may be better ... i tryed what happend if i force moving units of the same player to move away if thay in the path of a nother unit ... that looks a little like firework Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've noticed Harvesters can be a bit stupid and both try the same maneuver to avoid each other, thus being stuck in an endless loop. #Tongue Same as they did in TD and RA1 on occasion.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I've noticed Harvesters can be a bit stupid and both try the same maneuver to avoid each other, thus being stuck in an endless loop. #Tongue Same as they did in TD and RA1 on occasion.

Basically, he remade Westwood harvester AI. Beware the bridges.

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

So I guess we can call this one a success? Very Happy

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
gufu wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

So I guess we can call this one a success? Very Happy

that was not the plan Wink

i have a fix for that now .. so it dosent becomes a endless loop

will be online with nex update ...

i making good progress with multiplayer .. a new video is on ronco.packageclod.com... i know there many other things to do but now i can check each new thing also with MP so i dont have to work over all laiter...

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job! Much smoother.

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will there going to be a open-source engine which doesn't contains the graphics u were currently using but with a crappy template graphics for future wanna be?

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if i understand this right ..

gamefreak11221 wrote:
Will there going to be a open-source engine

- yes it will be a open source engine

gamefreak11221 wrote:
which doesn't contains the graphics u were currently using but with a crappy template graphics for future wanna be?

- i think if it is finished ill release it with this graphics i use atm. you may delete them and use your own if you want. i think its easyer to understand how it works if there is a working asset..

gamefreak11221
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HURRAY!

I'm glad to know that you will release the engine in public!

I've bin trying to make my own web-rts engine but its doesn't work some how made of xml

Ranger207

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow. I have a 64-bit computer that doesn't like C&C 1, so this is the only way I can get away from all the upgrades and support powers of C&C 3. Oh, and when I right click on a unit (or infantry/building) to stop building it, I then can't build anything from that tab PLUS whenever I right click on anything from that tab from then on, it just gives me free money.
Hmm, infinite cash + flame tanks =...

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ranger207 wrote:
Wow. I have a 64-bit computer that doesn't like C&C 1, so this is the only way I can get away from all the upgrades and support powers of C&C 3. Oh, and when I right click on a unit (or infantry/building) to stop building it, I then can't build anything from that tab PLUS whenever I right click on anything from that tab from then on, it just gives me free money.
Hmm, infinite cash + flame tanks =...

C&C runs perfectly on 64-bit systems if you install it using this installer.

The original CD installer is a 16-bit program but the game itself is a 32-bit program.

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i worked last days still on multiplayer .. so i would like to make some multiplayer alpha testing and because i dont have a server ill make it over hamachi... if you want to test it you will need:

- hamachi
- chrome 9-10 or firefox 4(*) or safari

to play:
- type 5.46.95.29/cnc to your browser

(*) in FF4 you will need to reactivate websockets ... type about:config to url line ... be careful and set network.websocket.override-security-block to true.

i cant say how long this notebookserver stays or how many people it can handle.

knowen bugs:

- sometimes the mcvs of two players are one .. means if one player moves his the other players does the same. -fixed
- sometimes you can build one finished building may times without paying for it
- sometimes if a factory was destroyed and you rebuild it, it dont refreshs the sidebar
- sometimes the sidebar dont react
- sometimes the lobby shows games with players that are already gone

and many more unifished things ...

edit: fixed one bug

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- sometimes you can build one finished building may times without paying for it
- sometimes if a factory was destroyed and you rebuild it, it dont refreshs the sidebar
- sometimes the sidebar dont react
- sometimes the lobby shows games with players that are already gone

hopefully fixed Smile

now ill make sell, repair and options ...

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't really think that a browser game would fall under other game modding. You are not really modding but creating a new game. I like the idea and am sorry to be a buzz kill but this is technically creating a new game with copyrighted work. I really hope this game makes it far and EA doesn't send you a please stop letter.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would EA send him a please stop letter? Have you thought about what you are saying? EA give Tiberian Dawn away for FREE, hear that?Free. This project doesn't set out to make any profit or financial gain so it's less harmful than an RA2 / Generals / CnC 3 etc etc mod. You haven't killed any buzz so no need for apologies.

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hotrods20 wrote:
I don't really think that a browser game would fall under other game modding. You are not really modding but creating a new game...

thats right it isnt real modding but i try to make it a moddable engine and i dont find a better place for it in this forum.

hotrods20 wrote:

...I like the idea and am sorry to be a buzz kill but this is technically creating a new game with copyrighted work. I really hope this game makes it far and EA doesn't send you a please stop letter.

thats possible but there was a post of it in official c&c forum written by EA_CIRE so i take that as some kind of "its okay" Smile

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

still making goog process on multiplayer..

new video online on http://ronco.packagecloud.com

(Banshee may it be possible to allow vimeo embetts here? )

next thing will be animations and still fighting aircraft ...

i thought about a root server to get multiplayer online but my finances dont allow me to spent 30-40€/month ATM.

so if there is someone here with a root server with unused resources please pm me Very Happy

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... im on a new pathfind algorithm i made on my own Very Happy ..

i still dont know how A* exactly works but that javascript implementation i found makes some detours that i dont need...
so my pathfind algorithm (i call it "climb" because that is what it does) returns a straiter path.

you can play with it here http://ronco.packagecloud.com/path/

i guess A* is better for meny small obstacles but mine may be better for a c&c ... i cant say witch needs less resources .. maybe i find a way to test it.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems to have made an unnecessary move here. Dark blue ones climb, as you probably well know. #Tongue

Tried drawing potential cliff patterns then add noise for random objects etc, though of course in the real game there'd also be other objects moving around.

climb.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.04 KB
 Viewed:  12441 Time(s)

climb.PNG

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

now i think i got the ideal pathfind A* for cnc .. i will take the weighted one..

its much faster then a full a* and it does support different tile speeds .. so ill think with this i can get the units behavior much better .. the plan is:

if you select some units it will mark the path of the other units in selected group as a littel slower. so it will choose a path arround the pathes of the other units if possible..

and i can make the units a little more intelligent .. one idea is:

if a tank is chrusher and there are cruchable enemy units near the path i can make the tiles where the crushable units are a tad better then the normal path .. so the tank will take a small detour to crush the enemys Very Happy

also i will made different tile values .. so a unit that takes tiberium damage will plan a path arround it .. if possible.
and streets will be preferred .. if thay have a lower tile / higher speed value .. just like in ts and ra2.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember that if units are too intelligent it can be very annoying. Sometimes you just want your units to go where you tell them.

ronco
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after some busy month i will now continue with it .. but i will remake the moust of it .. and i made a repositorie on github for it so if you wana help me Smile

https://github.com/ronlix/webrts

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yay! I would definitely help if I knew/had any interest in coding. I may try mod it though. #Tongue

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum