Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:49 am
All times are UTC + 0
Welcome to my mod Fallout Wars: A Post Apocalyptic RTS game
Moderators: Fallout Wars Moderators, IVI
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject:  Welcome to my mod Fallout Wars: A Post Apocalyptic RTS game Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello and welcome! I've been making resources for a long time now, and I still do. I am a big fan and follower of the Post Apocalyptic Genre.... and the stuff I'm doing are nods to the PA genre.

so, the first thing I will do, like I told Banshee and you guys at the mod announcements section, is to make a poll on which you'd like better: C&C: Ascending from Ashes: a Fallout Post Apocalyptic RTS game ... or C&C TS: Ascending From Ashes - The Asian Anarchy..

To those familiar with the story I was cooking up, don't worry about a thing: the terrain props I made, the buildings, the junk... are all versatile. They can be used on either game. Wink . but, I need to know which you'd like more so that I'll know what new stuff I'll be making next ok?

and don't worry about the voxels either... I can make new models in a juffy when I need to Wink

Last edited by IVI on Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:57 pm; edited 6 times in total

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

first i want to say congratulation's on getting your mod hosted here IVI Very Happy. secondly, i would suggest making it a fallout post apocalyptic rts game, just because i love that style probably just as much as you do!!! either way, im sure your mod is going to be amazing, your work showcases your talents very well, and im excited to see where this will go Smile

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI, you messed the poll #Tongue Fix it will ya? I want to say my opinion Smile

I'd go for an Asian Anarchy mod. More original plus you get all the post-apocalyptic feel imho. And it's original as hell.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what's wrong with the poll? Question

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's finished already, and with only one vote.

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn, I'm such a noob at this Embarassed . is it ok now?

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still can't vote, but congratulations on getting your mod hosted Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh, the poll option's screwed up... can't fix it too Mad .

oh well, if you'd be so kind to just post your choice instead... I'd be grateful Very Happy

Mr. Pokey
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally I'd like to see the Fallout mod Smile

Organised Rules.ini by Judeau

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the Fallout post Apoc mod would be cool

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fallout would be hard to do - so it's still USA vs China...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Asian Anarchy is better imo, but all the Fallout fans in here get my vote nullified. Oh well Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fallout it is! ok, so here's the next question...

which would you rather see, the 'prequel' to Fallout 1, or the 'sequel' to Fallout 2?

I've begun to rework the story following the campaign and am reworking unit statistics, trees, building plans etc.

if the mod's going to be a prequel, it'll follow the Fallout bible concerning events before the nuclear holocaust. this means that everything's pretty much intact in the states and china + russia, but plagues have begun to break out, starvation's spreading, oil's getting scarce... Riots are beginning and the world's proceeding to a nuclear war.

if it's a sequel, the war has already happened, Fallout 1 and 2 has happened... meaning there're Enclave, Super Mutants, Ghouls, NCR, Vault City, Brotherhood of Steel etc.... and of course, our friends the deathclaws, floaters and centaurs #Tongue

I want the mod to suit general interest.... so it'll be well received Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:16 am    Post subject: an apology Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn, first I want to apologize to those watching out for the mod.. as of the moment I got exams so I have to study for them... so I'm not so focused when thinking about what to do next. I'm confused at what to do. the props and buildings all suit just fine but I'm currently in dillema with the choice I posted above.

2nd, I want to assure you that in no way am I abandoning this anytime soon. I've slowed down a bit because of the decision-issue (and the exams) but I'm going to release this in the future (no matter how long it takes Twisted Evil ) no matter what. Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok, could you help me out here folks?

prequel will render a not-so-post-apoc ambiance BUT lot's of armored fighting.

sequel will render heavy post-apoc ambiance but armor are rare, fighting's done mostly by infantry and light vehicles. Smile

SaneDisruption
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make it a sequel, i want to see a full on post-apoc battle field. it would be uber pwnage if you did that, im begging you IVI, a sequal!!!!!! Very Happy

Robopope99
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI just do what you need to . To bad exams are coming up, those blow. Well I don't blame you. I mean it is hard to work or think about a mod when you have other things going on. Just do well on those damn exams. Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exams in China = very hard...

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gufu, he lives in the Phillipines.

Good luck on the exams IVI Smile

I'd go for a prequel myself.

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No edit button Sad

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ El Deadlyto, did you mean sequel?

if we're going for a sequel, then I've already thought out the story Smile , the sides, units and terrain Wink .

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dregan wrote:
faction wise like the NCR, vault city, san fran etc,etc you know the story better than me anyway.

Shhhhhh!!! I forbid thee to divulge any more! Very Happy

:EDIT: omg, Dregan I messed up your post.... I clicked a quick edit button and I thought I was quoting your post Embarassed Embarassed ..... shit, so sorry man... I'm new to this moderator thing >.<.. won't happen again

Oshog
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, IVI, I ment a prequel. And this is why :p

Quote:
prequel will render a not-so-post-apoc ambiance BUT lot's of armored fighting.

sequel will render heavy post-apoc ambiance but armor are rare, fighting's done mostly by infantry and light vehicles.

Yeah, tank fights. Smile

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ El Deadlyto, I promise you that there will still be tank battles in the sequel.... but I will greatly empahasize the meaning of the word T A N K in military language. Twisted Evil

ok, I'll let you in now in the details.... Dregan got what I wanted to do Smile

e.g.

[IVIABRAMS]
FireAngle=0
Name=M1A2 Abrams MBT ;IVI Restored & Modified SPAFV-M1A2 Abrams Mk.II
Prerequisite=TANKBAY
Category=AFV
TargetLaser=no
Primary=120mmMD4
Secondary=MG3
Strength=3600
CrateGoodie=no
Armor=heavy
Turret=yes
TechLevel=7
Sight=6
Speed=6
Owner=Civilian
Cost=4000
Points=400
ROT=5
Crusher=yes
SelfHealing=yes
Crewed=yes
Explosion=IVIABRAMSDEDZ,IVIABRAMSDEDZ2,IVIABRAMSDEDZ3,IVIABRAMSDEDZ4
VoiceSelect=25-I000,25-I002,25-I004,25-I006
VoiceMove=25-I012,25-I014,25-I016,25-I018,25-I022
VoiceAttack=25-I014,25-I022,25-I024,25-I026
VoiceFeedback=
MaxDebris=4
Locomotor={4A582741-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
Weight=3.5
MovementZone=Destroyer
ThreatPosed=40 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=yes
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER
EliteAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SENSORS
ZFudgeColumn=9
ZFudgeTunnel=15

and warheads like JHP, FMJ, BUCKSHOT all deal 0% damage to heavy. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

[PLASMA]
Verses=100%, 80%, 30%, 30%, 60%

[Laser]
Verses=120%, 100%, 10%, 10%, 20%

[KINETIC]
Verses=0%, 0%, 100%, 500%, 100%
ProneDamage=20%

notes:
the first value is non-armored, the 2nd value is Kevlar (wood), the 3rd value is Power Armored (light) the 3rd value is tank ceramic (heavy) and the last is for buildings

as you can see, the only things that can destroy a tank are soldiers with Kinetic-warhead weaponry (the Enclave and the BOS have these) or another tank.

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL Surprised Surprised Thats ok at least almost everyone got the message anyway.

but is this going to add a whole new dimension to the way the game is player. Are you also going to have a small build\unit limit to emphasise this feature even more? I can't wait to play as the enclave and use vertibirds, damn i guess this means that san fran will have them too thanks to the chosen one lol.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dregan, you're revealing everything I'm planning Very Happy . Yep, you bet there's going to be a build limit... I'm just not telling which units will get it and what factions are crippled with build limits Twisted Evil . I'm going to make lots of art first before coding them all. Wink

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol, so i'm guessing that your maps will be smaller to further emphasise the point as well and to maintain a solid, entertaining gameplay considering that vehicles are limited and with a large infantry base. Don't tell me that slavers, mercs and neutral territories like gecko, new reading (i think its called that) and the mafia will be included as well, because that would be cool. BTW how will the three different mafia families unite or will you leave that up to the chosenones actions in your story.

I was thinking, to retain the fallout 2 feel you'll probably need to detail the infantry more than the stock standard and i dont know how your going to do i with the ts infs. You could probably do it in RA2 but its just way too cartoony so heavy modification will be needed though the infantry are meatier and more 3d looking, similar to that of FO2. And one other thing is a problem i ran into when i was origionally planning Before the Storm for TS was that it is impossible for TS to support spinning rotors which really peaved me off, so i inevitably based it of RA2.

How cool would it be to have the FO death sequences for the infs as well.

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to other moderators,
how do I make this subforum editable to non-mod people??

and thanks for the suggestions Dregan

The name of the mod's going to be: Fallout Wars: A Post Apocalyptic RTS Game

how's that?

I've go the story laid out... but I'm still smoothing out the wrinkles in it Smile

Last edited by IVI on Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds good, i'll pm you with some logic i have to tackle thats been on the drawing board for 6 months or so that will also be very appealing to the vertibirds as well.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ok i just noticed this mod of yours IVI and i have yet to explore whats up so far but knowing that its from you its gonna be good. Razz

also when i saw the name and then the description of it i was like "Hell yea a mod kinda based off the Fallout games" seriously i loved Fallout 2 it was a fun game. kinda wished i still had it Sad

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IVI - what will you use for icons? Maybe you can use edited pip-boy style images?

Mortecha
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

even better you should use the pip style for the ingame interface. Maybe even do it for all the menus of the game..

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess it should look like Fallout's interface...

And icons styles like this(yes - in the cartoony way) :

IVI
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice suggestions! sure, I'll use the fallout mini-icons for the sidebar Wink

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can probably make image of brotherhood armor with the same style(Like metal can for a helmet #Tongue)

GotterakaThing
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you make 2 types of campaign? You know a sequel to FO2 and a prequel to FO1?

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You bumped a topic that's about three years old..
I haven't even seen IVI post in my time here, so I doubt he'll respond.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [37 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon