Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am
All times are UTC + 0
Civilian: Monuments
Moderators: Dutchygamer
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject:  Civilian: Monuments
Subject description: Some of the monuments you can find (and maybe destroy) in FC
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you may remember, I showed a WiP of the Washington Monument in the IC forums a while ago. As I was bored this evening, I decided to finally texture it:

It's a mixture between the RL version and the RA2 version.

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still say it looks like a giant pencil #Tongue

Otherwise, Awesome work ^_^

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldn't the top have some kind of observation post or something? If so, I want it to be garrisonable.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also made a version that is more realisticly scaled (the pillar is much taller), but it looks odd ingame compared to the other models. Maybe I'll make a little poll for it one of the following days.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Shouldn't the top have some kind of observation post or something? If so, I want it to be garrisonable.

IIRC, the monument is tipped with aluminium.
(Say it with us, Americans: "Al-you-mini-um") #Tongue

The model looks OK, I think that it'll be the map which it gets put on which really decides how well it looks ingame - on its own it is a fairly simple structure.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a comparison image:

I also want an opinion about this model; see this poll
Also, renamed topic, as it will contain more monuments I have WiP #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now, all we need to do, is to make it move 90 degrees down, and animate it to move in clock-like manner, destroying any units that get in proximity to it.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, I see CABAL there... hmmm... maybe the monument is really obelisk of darkness in disguise Exclamation Laughing (it has even the crystal-tip)

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And I finally finished the Washington Monument:

Normal, damaged, really damaged, and rubble.
And yes, there is a nice animation of it collapsing, which I will post later #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice dude. I really like the damaged and rubble

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like everything but the tiny black windows at the entrance. I actually quite enjoy the fact that you included the capstone

@Orac

In America, it is actually spelled and labeled as Aluminum not Aluminium. Not shitting you at all. In fact, spell check is telling me I'm a dumb ass for spelling it with two Is.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, really?
I thought that the chemists got together and decided that the Americans would spell Aluminium properly and in return everyone else would spell Sulphur with an f instead of a ph.

Anyways, Dutchy, that monument looks really good - especially the 2nd damage frame looks really awesome.
I look forward to seeing the animation. Smile

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hey wait, what happened to my last post?

Looks great Dutchy!

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@ Orca

Yeah that's what happens when you have the GOP cutting funding for Education left and right. Damn it.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Dutchygamer on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That link doesn't give me the video, but I've already seen it since I'm watching FC...

The destroy anim would be better, imo, if it occurred faster. And had some more explosions. But looking good, looking very good.

Last edited by Orac on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some reason I cannot view the video when I Copypasta the link.

But,

How does a monument made of stone and marble and scaffolding explode? #Tongue

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I quickly checked from the site's URL (in my attempts to find the correct URL to post through moddb tags), I noticed that it said that it does not allow for embedding of that video. So, can you check that out, Dutchy?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Arf, changed it to a direct link to the vid. I need to ask Banshee some day to explain how those ModDB tags work Confused
Anyways, for the feedback:
@Orac: in RA2 I noticed that indeed, it occured faster, but that was because the first part of the anim was a whole lot of explosions.
As for the explosions: I dunno sure how to get those to work. I now have updated it so it displays a large explosion/smoke cloud/shockwave at the base of the monument when it crumbles, which looks pretty fitting.
@Regulus: perhaps it was also made with dynamite, like most of the RA2 monuments? #Tongue
@gufu: I couldn't find those options when I looked quickly, so I changed it in a direct link.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Come to think of it, yeah... RA2's monuments were built from toothpicks and dynamite.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally found the time and interest to finish this big bastard:

Texturing all those columns wasn't my favourite job #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon