Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Features that CAN'T be implemented for some reason
Moderators: Reaperrr, red_rebel
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject:  Features that CAN'T be implemented for some reason Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- airstrike (TS doesn't have the necessary code)
- TD-style transport helicopters (transport logic was f***ed up with TS patch 2.0x)
- singleplayer campaign (lack of time)

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher. im working on the visceroid so it works/moves EXACTLY like the TS one,yet uses the TD ones image,by the way. its a huge fuckin copy/paste job though.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DAMN!!!!! Those features are C-R-I-T-I-C-A-L for ultimate success with this TC..... Damn. Oh well.

But, why don't U have enough time for the campaign? Tis summer holidays man. PLUS, U could easily look back at the original TD campaign, so thinking up ideas shouldn't be a problem.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperr, to fix the patch could you not use a modified version of an older game.exe instead? However, you'd probably get more online issues whilst playing, or TS may become compelled to update itself, I'm not sure.

XxpeddyxX
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ayylmao on Discord

Last edited by XxpeddyxX on Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr

Can't you just make a building some the air come and blow. like some 1 did whit superweapon in YR.

Make a build or a singnal and then the air bomb the build ! but the enemy much kill the building first that's was some 1 some did i think Embarassed

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Clazzy wrote:
Reaperr, to fix the patch could you not use a modified version of an older game.exe instead? However, you'd probably get more online issues whilst playing, or TS may become compelled to update itself, I'm not sure.

pre-2.0x exes of TS have much less flexible support for ecache/expand mixes, for example I could only get sounds work when putting them into sounds.mix, not ecache. Also, older versions of TS won't support some features like BurstDelayX. Support for the custom Main Menu would be lost, too.
Plus the issues you mentioned above.

@others: TS isn't YR. things like airstrikes would need to be coded into the exe. EVEN if I knew how to code an airstrike, it wouldn't be possible to implement it without the TS source code, which will most probably never get released to public.

OutOfAmmo
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the helicopter rotor animation for the siege copter and parachute deflating(RA2/YR)? Are those possible?

Man, I hope that open-source petition works Wink

"Yes, I love technology, but not as much as C&C...but I still love technology, always and forever"

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. You can't make rotors spin withouth glitches.

"Banned" RP here

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Features that CAN'T be implemented for some reason Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:
- TD-style transport helicopters (transport logic was f***ed up with TS patch 2.0x)

IMHO, you could creare a little new version of the game, with "Single Player Mission" option, in the main menu, available. Doing this, you could let the other player to create some solo-player missions (maybe the same of the TD game?), without you need to work on them (if you don't have time to spend on these ones).

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Features that CAN'T be implemented for some reason Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PUOJACKZ wrote:
Reaperrr wrote:

IMHO, you could creare a little new version of the game, with "Single Player Mission" option, in the main menu, available. Doing this, you could let the other player to create some solo-player missions (maybe the same of the TD game?), without you need to work on them (if you don't have time to spend on these ones).

I don't like to do that, since as long as there aren't any missions yet you'll get internal errors when clicking on the button.
Besides that, it can quite easily be enabled, you just need to extract the newmenu.ini and enable the button there (currently it's just commented out with an ';' ).
No need to release an extra version of the mod.

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually TD-style trasport helicopter is possible but:

It needs an shp image (so double rotors would work);
It must be a vehicle type and produced from a factory;
It must use a jumpjet locomotor and therfore be invincible in the air.

The last fact is the worst I suppose. Its still up to you if you want it to do this way.

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Features that CAN'T be implemented for some reason Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Reaperrr wrote:

I don't like to do that, since as long as there aren't any missions yet you'll get internal errors when clicking on the button.
Besides that, it can quite easily be enabled, you just need to extract the newmenu.ini and enable the button there (currently it's just commented out with an ';' ).
No need to release an extra version of the mod.

The important point of the discussion is: the modders must known of this little patch, in order to start creare some solo-player mission, for this incredible TC. So, probably, is good make an official post, saying about how to turn on this feature.

Maybe with the hope to see some solo players maps, in the next future.

Clarkson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds' leet chem lab missions in RoTD would...well...own. Smile

PUOJACKZ
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think, in this way, that GunBoat won't be available too. Maybe, could be introduced in any future MODs of ROTD...

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol. Prob is I don't know anything about TS mission making, Carno.

Painkiller
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't you figure somethin out to make airstrikes work? after all Worm came up with a way to put RA2 Nuke in TS with that coding

christophski the great
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, Drop pods are very durable when it comes to 'reinforcements' or air attacks. Wink

Jah
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PUOJACKZ wrote:
I think, in this way, that GunBoat won't be available too. Maybe, could be introduced in any future MODs of ROTD...

Easier than anything... Just create a ship locked on its path. Remember, it wasn't even buildable.

X-Trade
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the airstrike coult be re-created..... not to exactly the same effect, but maybe you could just have a buildable A-10, that fires 6 or 7 napalm missiles (as opposed to dropping bombs, as that does not work in TS)

i tried making aircraft by making very fast helicopters, and it is similar, except they circle the target and take hours to land.

but buildable a-10s is better than no airstrike whatsoever!

Reaperrr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

X-Trade wrote:
(as opposed to dropping bombs, as that does not work in TS)

umm, it doesn't? since when? Wink *thinksoforcabomber*

Remus
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anderwin wrote:
Reaperrr

Can't you just make a building some the air come and blow. like some 1 did whit superweapon in YR.

Make a build or a singnal and then the air bomb the build ! but the enemy much kill the building first that's was some 1 some did i think Embarassed

You're thinking of the Fake Super Weapons like Psycho's Ion Cannon, Meteor Storm, and Airstrike SWs. These cannot be done in TS because they required the use of skirmish/online game mode ini files to work in YR. No such ini files are used in TS.

Von Kriplespac
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

X-Trade wrote:
the airstrike coult be re-created..... not to exactly the same effect, but maybe you could just have a buildable A-10, that fires 6 or 7 napalm missiles (as opposed to dropping bombs, as that does not work in TS)

i tried making aircraft by making very fast helicopters, and it is similar, except they circle the target and take hours to land.

but buildable a-10s is better than no airstrike whatsoever!

... Buildable A-10s suck actually...  Confused

So please, stop asking over the A-10s.

geekspeek
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could do part of copying original TD campaign, I just can't do it alone (not enough time on my hands for that).

This mod is dead!
Ackron wrote:
It would be good if it was better.

Surrealistik
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everything in that video is and has been known for a long time, it is far from a decent work-around for working rotors / air transports due-to the huge amount of flaws and issues, both graphical and game-play related.

deltapilot
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its really great but a shame about the campaign...

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30346

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon