Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
PPM needs donations!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject:  PPM needs donations!
Subject description: Houston, we have a BIIIIIG problem!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys! If you are wondering about the lack of news here, I've been to New York on april 15th. The trip was awesome until yesterday night, the moment I was supposed to return home in 2 different flights: LGA -> MIA and MIA -> GIG (Rio de Janeiro).

The flight from New York (La Guardia) to Miami delayed over 3 hours due to weather problems in Atlanta. I've arrived in Miami after the flight to Rio took off. So, since then, I'm stuck in Miami low on cash and credit. According to the American Airlines customer service, I'm on stand by for tonight's flight and I only have a confirmed sit on wednesday night's flight. They are not paying anything for me, neither hotel. I really on my own and without my luggage. My mobile phone is my only connection to internet using the paid wifi from the airport. My laptop is broken.

I believe I have funds to survive here, but I'm unable to pay the server costs in this month because my credit is almost reaching its limit. Any contribution such as 5 dollars are really welcomed this time to help paying the $50 monthly bill. Check the Support Us section at the right menu in order to donate. Once I return from Miami, this news section will get more active again.

Last edited by Banshee on Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I can prolly afford that 5 dollers, though at this rate I'm running to financial problems by the end of August (work related, or lack thereof).

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can probably kick in 5.00 to 10.00. Only problem is I dont have a paypal account or a creditcard. Although I could just go get a prepaid visa if needed.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Wolven
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donated $15

DeathRay2K
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a heck of a monthly bill...

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty fucked up.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

$50 a month for a forum server... That's a bit much, but hey.

I think I donated half that, maybe all of it, I can't figure out this paypal thing...probably just gave you all my money #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donated $10.

EDIT: Before seeing 4Star's post. #Tongue

YkudzA
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Donated $15.

Russia with you Smile

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"That will be 25 dollars!"
Hope this clears your problems a bit Banshee Smile

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All of y'all are good people #Tongue

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol Machine and I covered it for a while, but he took over payments. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, so far I count $65.00 donated. This friday I will be donating $10.00, so that will make $75.00. So that should make PPM good for atleast a month and a half. Razz

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks a lot, guys. I managed to take yesterday's flight to Rio and now I'm back at home. I've just 'fixed' my desktop which has a screwed up RAM module that I'll try to fix with a rubber soon.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would love to donate but my PayPal requires me to link a credit card. Sorry Banshee.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's fine, guys. I've got enough money for 2 months (april e may).

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once I have a credit card linked, I will donate my one dollar.

Bibber
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehm Banshee, why did you make a trip to NY when you know that you are low on money?

And yeah, $50 a month is way to much. You should change your hoster.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bibber, I wasn't low on money (except in Miami, in the end of the trip, where I didn't plan to stay). My credit card was low on credit (and it still is, although this problem will be solved by the end of the week).

And $50 is expensive, but we have a very big database and actvity and, as far as I've researched, most hosting services demands that a site with the activity, database size and server resources usage of PPM must go with a semi-dedicated server plans or something like that, which costs as much as what I pay here.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: PPM Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how much bandwidth do you go through??

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We are on day 13th already using 95gb, but our average is to use between 260gb and 300gb per month.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow that'ss insane...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [22 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!