Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:05 pm
All times are UTC + 0
progress report...
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject:  progress report... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I've added the remmapable function and you can now create cameos replacing the remappable colours with the sides you want... honestly, I got disappointed at the results, so I started to suspect at which CCM it was using and... bad news: I've just found out that preferences got messed up with the recent changes. So, I have to fix it first. Anyway, I've now added the option for FD Colour+ in the CCM options and I'm thinking if I add Infurium or not... since Infurium is not compatible with certain features of the program (i.e.: cameo generator, colour replacement effects). Anyway, beta is comming very soon... (I'm also thinking about adding an option to save shp files on compression 3 (check the initial code at TS Research Center)).

So, what's needed?

- fix Preferences form bug (related to Sequence Maker aditional stuff Stucuk added after I stop all forms loading by default).
- Add (or not) Infurium to preferences
- Test Cameo Generator for Tiberian Sun cameos and do the fixes.
- Add (or not) Compressed saving option. (It would be an option in the preferences, disabled by default, since it's beta - activate at your own risk).
- Add Palette Conversion for Colour Replacement options
- Code 24 bit effects at Colour Replacement
- Create Canvas editing form
- Apply canvas at Import
- few minor bug fixes related to interface.

Other things that would be interesting to do:

- Create a new function to clean and restore temp view, since refreshing the whole picture because few miserable points every time you pass the mouse over it is a big waste of cpu resources.
- reduce the absurd number of bitmaps used at Sequence Maker, if possible.

Anyway, I have to finish a homework for uni first (and also sort a lot of trouble in one of them, because I inscribed myself in 3 subjects, but 2 of them rejected me because they are overloaded Mad... So, I have to fight against the burocracy of that uni to get a formal authorization from the teachers of that subjects to get in the class. I have till friday to solve this and I cant study in less than 3 subjects... (I dont know what happens if I dont get inscribed in at least 3 subjects... I guess I miss the period, but I prefer to not see the consequences...)

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
- Add (or not) Compressed saving option. (It would be an option in the preferences, disabled by default, since it's beta - activate at your own risk).

id suggest u don't add it as a preference but add it as a new menu option (new save thing), making it much easyer to test than going back n forth through preferences.

Quote:

Without destroying the whole point of this tool u can't make it use less ram. (whole point being u get a framelist which u can clearly see where animations start and end, the list also has the frame number to make things easyer), unless u refresh the framelist each time u scroll the thing, only getting the images that will b used, this will mean more CPU usage, but less ram, also a complicated thing to make.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmmm let me explain the sequence part:

First, you have this:

- Sequence_Image.Picture.Bitmap
- Frame_Image_List.Picture.Bitmap

Then, you have th global variables:

Code:
    {Bitmap2}Frame_Bitmap,Sequence_Bitmap : TBitmap;

Now, at GetSequence you have 2 extra bitmaps:

Code:
procedure TFrmSequence.GetSequence(Var Image : TImage; Const SHP:TSHP; StartFrame,EndFrame : Integer);
var
c,cc,x,y,TextHeight : integer;
Line : PRGB32Array;
Bitmap,Bitmap2 : TBitmap;
begin

(same for get sequence 2).

While the program runs get sequence function, you will have 6 huge bitmaps at the memory. Two of them will be seen by the user and the other 4?

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bitmap and Bitmap2 get created and destroyed by the procedure/function.

To SAVE memory the "Frame_Bitmap,Sequence_Bitmap : TBitmap;" was added, originaly this wasn't used, the TImage.Picture.Bitmap held a large image, but now only "Frame_Bitmap,Sequence_Bitmap : TBitmap;" holds large images.

TImage.Picture.Bitmap holds SMALL images if u actualy look at the code, and as i said b4 the 2 bitmaps in that procedure/function only exist when the list is generated.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and this is the exact moment that our memory is killed Stu Neutral...

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: progress report... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

- Create a new function to clean and restore temp view, since refreshing the whole picture because few miserable points every time you pass the mouse over it is a big waste of cpu resources.

Can't some of these things be put in after v3.0?

Anyway, I hope you get your Uni problems sorted out.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the other things that would be interesting to do will not be featured in the first beta... The ones with Add (or not), I'm not sure if I'll add them before the beta... And palette conversion is nearly done, since it already has a code for it... same goes for canvas...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I decided to re-design the sequence maker because it became a big mess, due to excessive ammount of bitmaps and animation stuff... I'm extremely confused with a lot of stuff there, but I'm learning and I will mainly redesign the way it loads and the variables it uses... this is certainly delaying the beta, but I'm sorry, I really must fix that...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

u only need to edit one function, the one that builds the image, making it only make a pic of only the visible images that will b shown, updating that image each time u scroll. There is no needs to edit every single part of it.

Note: as i said b4, nothing needs to delay anything, beta's can EASILY start b4 all the features are made, they arn't a process that comes right at the end once u have finished everything...... well they are used badly if they are. Input from the users asap is vital for making the perfect tool for the users

Quote:
Can't some of these things be put in after v3.0?

Banshee has this wierd thing where he must for some unknown reason fix and implement every posible thing no matter how long it will take(b4 anyone can even see the application), while u lot have to cope with the current version which is alot worse.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
u only need to edit one function, the one that builds the image, making it only make a pic of only the visible images that will b shown, updating that image each time u scroll. There is no needs to edit every single part of it.

- wrong, although I have to edit this one too... I need to redesign the way the TAnimation stuff works as well... Why is there an animation1 and 2 and current animation? If that is an array, isnt it easier to have only one animation stuff and let the current one be represented by the index of the action combobox?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You do not need to touch the animation stuff, they work perfectly fine and modifying them may screw up the whole idea of them. There is some redundent functions/procedures thats it.

Plz don't insult my intelegents with the word wrong, i made every bit of the sequence gen i think im the one who knows what needs to b done and what doesn't.

The animation system is designed to work so anyoen can give anyone animation files and it should work, they will not fail, u may not have every animation sequence your friend has, so only the ones u do have will be loaded. There is nothign wrong with this system, there is no crap in it that u need to optimise, etc.

I made the system to replace the old crap one, this one is optamised.

Edit at ur own risk, but i don't know why u would want to edit a system that works perfect.

P.S no i don't know what stuff is the redundant stuff, and i don't care cos it doesn't do any harm.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

actually, I figured out that the problem was the sequence.adsf (or whatever it's called) that the Preferences rewrote (and fucked that up)... so, I have to sort it now...

Edit: problem sorted.

Last edited by Banshee on Sat May 01, 2004 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no problems with the version i have, my ver works fine. Just like it should.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, here's an updated list of things to do:

Quote:
So, what's needed?

- Test Cameo Generator for Tiberian Sun cameos and do the fixes.
- Apply canvas at Import

- reduce the absurd number of bitmaps used at Sequence Maker, if possible. - test GetSequence3

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added Infurium to options and fixed cameo generator. Now, it's time to move on and update the list of things to do:

Quote:
So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import
- Remove Optimize Shadows options for RA2 optimizations at Import.

- reduce the absurd number of bitmaps used at Sequence Maker, if possible. - test GetSequence3

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm gonna try compression 3 later... (too much trouble for my head at the moment)

Quote:
So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import
- Remove Optimize Shadows options for RA2 optimizations at Import.

- reduce flickering on the editing window
- set the Left:=1 on the image1 from the editing window.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update:

Quote:
So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dropping like flies.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've reduced the speed, since I was kinda busy with university and Open Map Competition. Today I worked a bit and started the 24 bit effects function. It will work like the paint shop pro one, but it will have few aditions like you will be able to set the colours you dont wanna to have it touched like #0, shadow and remaps, for example. But I still have to implement this part and redesign it to accept it...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 24 bits effects works similarly to the Photoshop/PSP one. Except that you dont set percentages... you set increments/decrements of red, green and blue. Another feature that it has that Photoshop/PSP doesnt have is that you can set some of the palette colours to NOT be affected by this change (I.e.: remapables, shadows, background, etc).

What's hanging me is just this "Colours To Spare" system, since I'm coding a binary search tree system to cache the colours and forbid units to put the same colour more than once over there. I've recently finished the binary tree code, now I will implement it at the program. If things work, I might use it as well in a future new design for colour replacement, which is already being applied by Stucuk to VXLSE III, except that it will have few extra features...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U on about creating a cscheme like array which holds the colours "to" and "from" values. I.E

0 : 40
1 : 1
2: 2
3 : 4

etc ????

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, the colour to spare thing has an increment stuff like that. I.e.:

You select colour #16 then you set the increment to +15, so it automatically adds 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31.

Applying this into a 2 colours thing like the colour replacement is easier... and I also would make the colour replacement load cschemes and user could be able to edit it or even make their own cscheme from it...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

U have lost me, especialy with the remark about VXLSE in ur last post.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

talk to me in MSN and I'll explain it...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee (Things To Do) wrote:
So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import

Non programmable things:

- Get authorized backgrounds (bmp or jpg) for RA2 cameos to be distributed with the program.
- Finish some custom scheme files
- post tutorials on the features of the program.

Things for doing during the beta:

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support
- Find And Replace (I really need this for infantry)

I've fixed the problem I was having when removing the colours from Colours To Spare list box. Now I have to add the palette conversion part and code the OK button from colour replacement to accept these 2 new colour replacement ways.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import

- fix the excessive ammount of blue that appears at 24 bit effects.

Non programmable things:

- Get authorized backgrounds (bmp or jpg) for RA2 cameos to be distributed with the program.

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support

I've done the other two colour replacement options and they work fine, except for the 24bit effects gets more blue than it really needs.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import

Non programmable things:

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support

The problem mentioned above has been fixed. For some reason, the split colours function confuses red with blue Neutral... anyway, I got over it... Time for canvas!

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think ur the only one who understands these progress reports

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the important part on it is the What is needed? part that only has 2 items now...

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand them, mostly.

Thank you Banshee for keeping us up to date on your progress. Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have created the canvas resize form, but its preview picture is entirelly messed up and I dont know what is wrong. Here's the part of the code that takes care of it. The "Calculate Image Coordinates appears to work right... at least, the values are perfect when it creates the box within the canvas area. Bu the "Post Image" part seems to be entirelly wrong... the problem is that I cant find the error there Neutral.

Code:
   // Calculate Image Position
   xstart := (Image1.Width div 2) - (Data^.SHP.Header.Width div 2);
   xfinal := (Image1.Width div 2) + (Data^.SHP.Header.Width div 2);
   ystart := (Image1.Height div 2) - (Data^.SHP.Header.Height div 2);
   yfinal := (Image1.Height div 2) + (Data^.SHP.Header.Height div 2);

if xstart < 0 then
   begin
      xbegin := 0;
      xpos := (xbegin - xstart);
   end
   else
   begin
      xbegin := xstart;
      xpos := 0
   end;

if xfinal > Image1.Width then
      xend := Image1.Width
   else
      xend := xfinal;

if ystart < 0 then
   begin
      ybegin := 0;
      ypos := (ybegin - ystart);
   end
   else
   begin
      ybegin := ystart;
      ypos := 0;
   end;

if yfinal > Image1.Height then
      yend := Image1.Height
   else
      yend := yfinal;

// Post Image
   for x := xbegin to xend do
   begin
      for y := ybegin to yend do
      begin
         Image1.Canvas.Pixels[x,y] := Data^.SHPPalette[Data^.SHP.Data[Frame].FrameImage[xpos,ypos]];
         inc(ypos);
      end;
      inc(xpos);
   end;

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OMG! DUH!!!!!

I have to reset the ypos to its default value everytime that x changes Neutral

Edit: Problem fixed, but I must admit that the algorithm for this preview is quite slower than it should be.... I'll take a look at it later to improve it.

Now I have to make it apply to the picture and ensure that the results are correct. Then, I will apply it to import and the beta will start.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

alright, it's coded. I just need to test it and now it's too late. I'll do it when I wake up. If it works, I will update my things to do list...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and the results were... a BIG BLARGH!!!! The canvas functions that I coded 3 months ago are completely bugged. Unlimited loop... a serious error Embarassed Neutral

Edit: Yet another ridiculous error found... I was too much distracted when I wrote that code Embarassed

Edit 2: Canvas now works... I just need to make sure it displays the correct height and width when the operation ends (and I'm not entirelly sure of that).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, what's needed?

- Apply canvas at Import

- Optimize canvas preview code.

Non programmable things:

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support
- Check FormMain.MouseOver for cleaning temp view (replacing that timer from Stu)... something like that... not something that common users should understand... Laughing

Only one item now! Canvas is running fine now Smile.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am extremely close to finish this... but it aint be today. I just need to sort some of the bugs that always appears when you first code things, specially when you have to patch a lot of stuff to make it work... The canvas window is behaving strangely, but apparently it works... this is when it asks you to ajust the window for the first frame... when it comes to the second one, an extremely weird event happens: I get one of these lovely access violation warnings and the operation is aborted, the import window reloads and I get more access violations, but it allows me to continue... But dont worry, these scaring bugs are filtered in the beta (which explains why this beta is taking so long :p).

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
So, what's needed?

<nothing>

- Optimize canvas preview and production code.

Non programmable things:

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support
- Check FormMain.MouseOver for cleaning temp view (replacing that timer from Stu)... something like that... not something that common users should understand...

Beta is finished. But I g2g now... I hope to find ArgCmdr online today, since I need these cameo things... I'll soon make a topic about the Beta Testing sign up, but you can already sign up yourself by sending me a PM. Currently beta testers confirmed at the moment is only Sk8erkid, but this list still has a bunch of free spots Wink.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, what's needed?

<nothing>

- Optimize canvas preview and production code.

Non programmable things:

- Compression 3
- New colour replacement
- Improve PCX support
- Check FormMain.MouseOver for cleaning temp view (replacing that timer from Stu)... something like that... not something that common users should understand...

Thanks a lot for ArgCmdr to allow his Cameo Background Pack 1 and 2 to be distributed with the program.

And also thanks a lot for SMIFFGIG for providing the TS cameos.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Technicaly its a new pal pack. Since its different to the originals.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a sort of Pal Pack Extended #Tongue.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anyway, PM time over. I will start a topic for sign up for beta later. First I will finish the cschemes and generate the read me before posting the topic and making a beta forum. For now, I'm closing this topic.

In the moment, the following people are beta testers:

- Sk8erkid
- ArgCmdr
- Reaperr

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [41 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum