Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Snow Theatre (WIP), Update
Moderators: j4m3sb0nd
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject:  Snow Theatre (WIP), Update Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are still a few minor errors to fix, and the pavement tiles still need to be replaced, but the snow theatre is just about finished for now. As can be seen since the last Snow Theatre screenshots, ice, shores, roads and bridges have been replaced with the new snow theatre graphic style.

SCRN0008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  583.36 KB
 Viewed:  10015 Time(s)

SCRN0008.jpg

SCRN0007.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  513.33 KB

SCRN0007.jpg

SCRN0003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  587.25 KB

SCRN0003.jpg

SCRN0006.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  606.11 KB

SCRN0006.jpg

SCRN0005.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  574.64 KB

SCRN0005.jpg

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I must say. You've done a GREAT job at capturing realism here. The snow&ice look amazing. The transitions are beautiful. Love this!

In screen06 a few spots are noticable with not-so-smooth transitions

3ds Topic
Clicky

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I uh, wait... this mod is still alive? Gotta say, I love the roads.

Wait, is that tiberium on grass?

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alive? It never dies...

raminator
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

bridges look awfull...
look at shadows an white "outlines"

just a simple logo by bricks @ raminator, on Flickr

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bloody hell, this mod is still alive?
Anyways, it seems the transition between the new tiles and the old snow tiles/slopes doesn't look completely right. Can't point my finger on it, but it looks odd for some reason.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Bloody hell, this mod is still alive?
Anyways, it seems the transition between the new tiles and the old snow tiles/slopes doesn't look completely right. Can't point my finger on it, but it looks odd for some reason.

I think it is just the rough lat edges which are too white which stand out, they can be fixed sometime. Grass transitions can also be fixed sometime.

The map in these screenshots, by the way, is just a modified Tread Lightly to have the new road tiles.

Also the problem with shadows over the base of the bridge may just be that the base was made too light itself, which can be easily fixed. There is also a significant cut-off on one of the high bridge tiles, but the others have an alright transition I think. I don't really worry about the white outline at the edges of the broken bridge pieces.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Progress on this mod makes me very happy, good work!

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A Dying world that wont give in without a fight!

Glad to see some progress. Very Happy

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's so good to see this mod still going. It was easily my favourite mod for TS. I'm not a TS player any more however I'm sure I will reinstall once an update is released Smile

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow you're still going, that's awesome!

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO the grass is way to dark for snow theater. snow cliffs look nice though the top of the cliff is kinda weird, to blueish . like the work though

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon