Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
US Post-war Artillery?
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

US Post-war Artillery?
M40
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
M41
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
M44
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
M52
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
M55
28%
 28%  [ 7 ]
T92
32%
 32%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 25

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject:  US Post-war Artillery? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm being really indecisive & can't make my mind up on what the Americans should use for artillery in the post-war period. I've changed my mind three times today already >.> it's the next thing on my todo list tho, so here is a chance for you to all help out with D-day & pick one!

M40

Designed during WW2 to replaced the M12 but only one prototype was used in combat before the end of the war.
Note: I've already made a voxel so just requires some code

Armament: 155mmM2
Armor: 12mm
Speed: 24 mph
Built: 1945

M41

Also designed during WW2 to work with the M24 Chaffee which it was based on, none where ready before the end of the war but it was used heavy in Korea.

Armament: 155mmM1
Armor: 6mm
Speed: 35 mph

M44

Built as a replacement for the M41 using components of the M41 Bulldog light tank.

Armament: 155mmM45
Speed: 25 mph
Built: 1952

M52

Development of the the M44 to be used in a nuclear battlefield with fully inclosed & turreted fighting compartment to protect the crew against NBC conditions.

Armament: 105mmM49
Built: 1954

M55

Heavy artillery using components of the M46/M47 Patton tanks, was used heavily used during Vietnam.

Armament: 8" M47 (203mm)
Armor: 25mm
Built: 1952

T92

Prototype Heavy howitzer designed for the planned invasion of Japan using components of the M26 Pershing tank, only five were build before the end of the war tho.

Armament: 240mm
Armor: 25mm
Speed: 20 mph

Last edited by Mig Eater on Tue May 08, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 5 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Stealth Killer
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think M55 will look better on game ground

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M55.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The M41 seems like the most logical choice, considering it was used in the next 'war' and was ready at the end of WW2.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either M52 as it seems more sci-fi than the others (which I get the impression the post-war game mode will be) or the T92 which just looks massive. #Tongue

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say pick of the last two... the earlier ones look too puny for my likes Very Happy

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I get the feeling that ppl are picking the M40 just because I already have the vxl...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The M44 is my favourite, aesthetically.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M40. M55 if necessary.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M43

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T92, because the Pershing is freaking awesome tank, and it was the mainstay tank after the Sherman. Therefor, from a logical standpoint, they would field it in larger numbers to due to parts being interchangeable with the two vehicles.

If not, then the M52, then M55.

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

M55

MT
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T92 because it looks badass.

Look at that armament.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T92 would be a terrible choice from a logistical standpoint btw. As shiny and cool as a basically immobile 240mm howitzer is.

BTW to clarify my vote, M43 was the M40's chassis with a 203mm howitzer.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

uh, oh, T92! Just because it looks massive :p

Mig Eater wrote:
I get the feeling that ppl are picking the M40 just because I already have the vxl...

did you think ppl will pick m40 for accelerate d-day progress for a unit? D-day had consume 9 years, so people will choose for the best for dday! :p

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, standardized parts improves logistical performance. That's the whole idea behind the US's Project Force Warrior Vehicle project. Something like 70% of all parts are interchangeable. Golden rule of logistics, if you have no shelf space, you're doing it wrong.

Course, the 240mm gun doesn't help. That's a huge ordinance.

Then again, D-day is a game. #Tongue

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:

Then again, D-day is a game. #Tongue

I... Need to troll this but can't. Razz

andrewmarley
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like M40

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

which ever one would be quickest and simplest for you to build

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like somehow the T92...

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seconded.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most people do, apparently. #Tongue

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:

Then again, D-day is a [strike]game[/strike] SERIOUS BUSINESS Mad

Fixed.

(T92 FTW)

Last edited by Regulus on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I chose M55 as it was deployed in combat.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
assasing123
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

t92... just because is big...

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

personally, I like the M41.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There hasn't been any more votes for a few days now so I guess this poll can close...

During the voting tho I made the M55, at the time the M55 was way ahead & I impatiently expected it to win. Seeing as I made it now I'm gona stick with the M55.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MY VOTE COUNTED FOR NOTHING!!!! >Sad What is this, the electoral college?!

Lol J/K

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon