Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
Main menu
Moderators: [TiberianFuture], [TiberianPast]
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject:  Main menu Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Okay, showing here the main menu of CL at the moment... background may change later, but how you like the buttons? Green is highlighted (selected).
And the logo... well, it's horrible... anyone could lend a hand with CL's logo?

Once again, this was made by [TiberianPast]!

Cabal's Legacy valikko.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  196.11 KB
 Viewed:  6971 Time(s)

Cabal's Legacy valikko.png

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eh, I heavily dislike the white border around the letters.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Definately use a different font and maybe make a new mod logo.

Ever thought of making the menu like an "interactive" room. So maybe use that CABAL control room and make like the Tacitus multiplayer or a door the campaigns.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot i did this, one night when i was drunk too...

CCCabalsLegacyLogo.RGB.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  178.29 KB
 Viewed:  6640 Time(s)

CCCabalsLegacyLogo.RGB.png

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Get drunk more often.

3ds Topic
Clicky

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Palkia323 wrote:
Get drunk more often.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sad

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, nice Aro. Now it's Hyper's turn again. #Tongue

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro's ftw. The main menu currently looks a bit MS paint sorry to say... kind of like cheap PS1 game menu. Definately get Aro or Hyper to help out.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope. Get Aro AND Hyper to help out. #Tongue

Last edited by Krow on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The main menu has a "cute" "retro" feel to it, and indeed is good in that niche style. But Aro's stylised heading has a splendid cyborg-aesthetic which is preferred with respect to a more "immersive" subject-relevant (i.e. cybernetic) atmospheric experience.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not a competition, I knew of Andrews. Just posted what I had while I wad cleaning out my servers.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in this case i'd go with aros, but....please rework the background textures they're not good, and sharpen the edges of the font a bit or else it looks like a preset PS effect

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm thinking: Use Aro's machine-style letter's on Hyper's classic logo.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
please rework the background textures they're not good

That was just a random test to see how the logo looked on a dark background, hence the texture used. TiberianFuture has the transparent versions of the logo, I appear to have lost them...

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's interesting, Hyper Smile
I'll be sticking with Aro's one for the aforementioned reasons though.

Morpher wrote:
Aro's ftw. The main menu currently looks a bit MS paint sorry to say... kind of like cheap PS1 game menu. Definately get Aro or Hyper to help out.

Nah, nothing to be sorry for, as it's never intended to be the final menu. It's just pretty quickly slapped together placeholder to get rid of the TS one to get CL a little of it's own feel.

The menus have evolved a bit over time, there's still that cartoony font though Embarassed

The TS/FS selection is atm designed to be campaing/multiplayer modes, but we'll see how that goes..:

Main menu, that font is so getting replaced, and eventually the background is supposed to be changed into a render of a full CABAL base, but that takes some time:

Skirmish menu with new buttons, haven't touched the texts yet:

Just showing the logo with transparent background:

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon