Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Red Alert 2 Yuris Return
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [102 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been watching this topic for a while, trying to work out the right reply. Everything from the obvious to the subtle, but Volgin's point is very valid, so I'll try to make a real contribution.

There should be less of a stigma on use of public assets.
There's always that initial post of something like "You sure are using lots of public assets..."
I like public assets. If I had a 37 hour day I'd make them. I have a great amount of respect for people who do (Azri, you're a hero). Private assets are good, but who has the time to make them all?

There should be less of a stigma on use of public assets.
And to some extent, there isn't. But when you're not creating your own assets you have to be creative in other ways.
Firstly, and as always in this kind of situation I cite m666 (m7 here, iirc)'s Final War, which makes use of an array of public assets and still provides a bloody awesome variety of designs and weapons. Mixing turrets and barrels of different units is a good way to make public assets a little more personalised, and the results have a chance of the combo either being used only by you (which makes the unit more unique!), or becoming the standard combination (in which case you started a trend!). Anyway, that's a good thing to do.

Second is solid, innovative coding. Anyone can stick a dozen different tanks into RA2 and call it a mod. At the end of the day, however they're all fairly similar tanks. What you've got to do is think outside the box and try new and unusual things. Fire, Tesla, Iron Curtain, Radiation, Chronobeams, and all manner of other interesting effects make the units in your mod worth using. More importantly, it makes them different.
I decided to replace the basic tank for the Yuri side with a hovertank which fires Chaos-gas emitting grenades. It's still my favourite achievement coding-wise. It's hardly the dark magic I've seen elsewhere, but it makes a massive difference to the way the entire side plays (Brutes become a very important partner to the hovertank, since it does no direct damage to the target, and the rest of the infantry also become more interesting to use).
This sort of subversion and alteration of the norm is a key part of the process, and is an important step in differentiating your project from the legions of others out there. Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know when the dislike for public assets supposedly started. Personally I've always used them.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't think anyone has actually been complaining about usage of public assets in this thread.

I think everyone has been talking about Quality over Quantity

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=quality%20over%20quantity

As you said

Orac wrote:

Second is solid, innovative coding. Anyone can stick a dozen different tanks into RA2 and call it a mod.

I mean how can seriously take this mod when

Noris (Boris's Wife)
Side/s: Cuba
Arment: Remington 870 Pump Action Shotgun, Flare
Prerequisite: Barracks And Battle Lab
Price: $1,500

Apart from obvious chuck norris joke - its a vladmir with a shotgun

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The same can't be said of the mod with the guy having the Duke Nukem howtizer? (Sorry dude I forget your name and your mod's name at the moment, multitasking. My apologies!)

So, he made a pun that didn't go well. Okay. Also, you're complaining about asset use in your own post dude.

Quote:
Apart from obvious chuck norris joke - its a vladmir with a shotgun

Both Symphonic and OmegaBolt's posts complain about public assets as the first comments, too.

Seriously, there are legitimate things to complain about here with this mod and the major ztyping gripe is the use of public assets? Really? It's kind of hard to get a voxel or SHP artist to make that vehicle for you that you oh so need, or that building, and even mods with that talent don't get all shiny new stuff in one go.

Also, why are you just sitting here scoffing at the kid? We were all noobs once, rather than OMG U USE ASSETS THAT SUCK!!!1 or sarcastically calling it the best mod ever, I don't know, be useful and help? Instead sit on your laurels and circle jerk about how you're not making mods with Howitzers in them. None of us started with perfectly balanced mods with great graphics. Hell, I remember TO's old Blister Tank being the TS Mammoth Tank with a Soviet sentry gun turret for God's sakes.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Yes, but they don't show screenshots displaying a single unit which isn't even unique. You've gotta display the gameplay changes.

I mentioned specifically Vladmir a male with a Shotgun because the unit he was trying to represent it was Noris a female soldier.

Its like downloading a MiG plane and calling it a tank because your code says so.

I think every post prior to the omg don't bash public assets thread was actually about unit roles and purpose

I personally have no issue with public assets as long as they are used for a reason other then - lets add stuff because I can because those modifications are often ignored/abandoned after some time.

I think the guy with the Duke Nukem howitzer, actually model it himself rather then just ini coding.

Anyone can write a list of units and structures and the sooner someone asks you - whats the purpose, the better the modder you can become.

If the OP just wants to make a mod with lots of stuff, fair enough, just don't expect too much interest from people.

However if you have video and can make the AI use the new stuff you have added, you will get more interest and useful feedback.

Also think about themes i.e. the art style and colors of factions. Allied buildings do no work for a Soviet player as a example.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Symphonic and OmegaBolt's posts complain about public assets
Uhh in no way was I complaining about the use of public assets. :/ I simply said that it was a terrible way to display a mod, single images of single units doing EXACTLY as the graphic creator intended as if the files and code were taken straight from YR Argentina without any thought. I mean I might as well have been looking at a resource website.

When showing off a mod made of public assets you're not supposed to show off the assets but the roles and attributes of the unit.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Libya Nuke Sub Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't know got bored decided to do this mod agein plus i have been trying to upload the beta but it just won't upload it

yet another edition to Libyas vast amount of nuke typed units is the nuke sub capable of sinking even the toughest of ships in seconds it's probebly best to steer clear of these Silent Hunters

Armour: Semi-Heavy
Speed: Medium
Armment: Nuclear Torpedo Tube
Requires: Sub Pen, Radar Tower
Cost: $1,400

By Mig Eater

Nuke Sub.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  107.99 KB
 Viewed:  24820 Time(s)

Nuke Sub.png

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Yuris Navy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sting Ray Attack Sub - $1,000 (MigEater)
Gatling Sub - $800 (TX1138)
Boomer Sub - $2,000 (Westwood Studios) (Boomer Subs No Longer Have Torpedos)

Yuris Navy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.36 KB
 Viewed:  24796 Time(s)

Yuris Navy.png

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Spetsnaz Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the Soviets saw the success of SEALS on the battlefeild they decided they needed a rival thats where the Spetsnaz comes in based around boris Spetsnazs heavy machine guns my be slightly worse on infantry then there SEAL rivals but make up for it where SEALS fail on vehicles

Armour: Semi-Medium
Speed: Semi-Fast
Armament: AK47
Owner/s: Russia, Cuba, Libya, Iraq
Requires: Barracks, Radar Tower
Cost: $1,000

By Turn-A-Gamer And Edited By M666

Spetsnaz.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.82 KB
 Viewed:  24759 Time(s)

Spetsnaz.png

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd care less about public assets, but more about yet another Yuri redone mod.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quality over Quantity.

Can actually explain why you

dodgevipergts wrote:
New Stuff...
Commando
Hijacker
Parasite Trooper
Spetsnaz
Tank Hunter
SAS
Flame Thrower
Noris
Demo Dog
Bio Trooper
Agent
Tesla Commando
Mortor Trooper
Sharp Shooter
Driller APC
Humvee
Ironfist
Howitzer
Hover Tank
Hellfire Tank
Gattling Sub
Uranium Tank
Strike Carrier
War Crawler
Stinger
Soviet Repair Boat
Allies Repair Boat
Seeker tank
S.S.M Launcher
Tank Trasher
Yuri Miner
Z8 Chopper
Apache Chopper
WZ10 Chopper
Hornet Chopper
Seal Drop Special
Spy Sweeper
Agent Annihilater
Chrono Prison
Frontline Assault APC
Missile Battery
Machine Gun
Prism Power Upgrade
Flame Turret
Medic Center
Allied Landing Pad
Allied Air Control
Advanced Tesla coil
Soviet Arms Dealer
Yuri, Allied And Soviet Gates
Nuke Plant
Prism Power Plant
Turret

Added all of that?

No one is interested in a wall of text - look at the mods which actually get + feedback. Those modders actually spend some time and effort designing or modifying units to suit their mods needs as well as focusing on other elements of modding like mapping, AI, story, etc.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
Quality over Quantity.

Can actually explain why you

dodgevipergts wrote:
New Stuff...
Commando
Hijacker
Parasite Trooper
Spetsnaz
Tank Hunter
SAS
Flame Thrower
Noris
Demo Dog
Bio Trooper
Agent
Tesla Commando
Mortor Trooper
Sharp Shooter
Driller APC
Humvee
Ironfist
Howitzer
Hover Tank
Hellfire Tank
Gattling Sub
Uranium Tank
Strike Carrier
War Crawler
Stinger
Soviet Repair Boat
Allies Repair Boat
Seeker tank
S.S.M Launcher
Tank Trasher
Yuri Miner
Z8 Chopper
Apache Chopper
WZ10 Chopper
Hornet Chopper
Seal Drop Special
Spy Sweeper
Agent Annihilater
Chrono Prison
Frontline Assault APC
Missile Battery
Machine Gun
Prism Power Upgrade
Flame Turret
Medic Center
Allied Landing Pad
Allied Air Control
Advanced Tesla coil
Soviet Arms Dealer
Yuri, Allied And Soviet Gates
Nuke Plant
Prism Power Plant
Turret

Added all of that?

No one is interested in a wall of text - look at the mods which actually get + feedback. Those modders actually spend some time and effort designing or modifying units to suit their mods needs as well as focusing on other elements of modding like mapping, AI, story, etc.

i probebly will do this stuff later i stopped doing this mod for quite along time i'm just getting back into it now

Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please add a nice story line and an interesting twist in using game logics then I will be a vigorous supporter of this mod.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

001010011100101110 wrote:
Please add a nice story line and an interesting twist in using game logics then I will be a vigorous supporter of this mod.
i'll do my best to think of a story and try to add more twists thx

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Allies Story Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hows this please tell me wether it needs improving or not

After the events of Yuri's Revenge, the Allies where keeping Yuri imprisoned in a special chrono containment centre where yuri "couldn't mind control a fly". With Yuri's forces defeated the Allies started fighting overwho should get Yuri's mind control technology, with no one agreeing on who should get it, the Allies broke up with the Germans, keeping there Prism Technogy and stopped supllying other allies with Prism Towers and Prism Tanks. The Americans did not take kindly to this and declared war on the Germans with the French, Korea and Britian joining in the scrap later in the war. As the war raged on, yuri's Prison was bombed and Yuri ecsaped after the war had ended. With no real victor the Americans got to work searching for Yuri with no success. The Americans know how dangerous Yuri could be, so the Allies reunite to help find Yuri, but it was to late Yuri was back with "His Mind Control Tricks" and was able to rebuild a army with the new Gatling Infantry, a man armmed with a infantry version of the deadly Gatling Cannon, Hornet Choppers Capable of toting infantry around the battlefeild, lauching deadly dual rockets which can wipe out units and stuctures in mear seconds and Digger APC's able to drill under and sneak infantry into the enemys base "it has only just begune"

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Allies Story Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could have just written "Shit happens" and that'd explain as much.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Allies Story Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
i was never great at storys still thats pretty much the best i could think of

Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Allies Story Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

Trollololol.

Constructive criticism for the guy please.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I started commenting on individual lines but then couldn't be bothered. He can do what he likes anyway.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

supllying
armmed
ecsaped
armmed
begune

I'm not asking you to be a spelling Nazi, this isn't a thesis for a degree but some basic grammar/spelling checks will help a lot.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:15 am    Post subject: storyline?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Instead of the prison being bombed and he escaped....how about:

The war against Yuri had finally come to an end with his capture. His remaining troops were either captured or fled.

The Americans knew how dangerous he was and designed a prison that rendered his powers useless.

In the coming months talk of what was to be done with his mind control technology. At the peace summit, the Americans felt it was best to destroy it, while others wanted to harvest the power to use against their enemies.

The US gave an ultimatum that if a solution could not be agree apon, they would break off further talks and would no longer supply them with their prism technolgy.

The Germans took exception to this and declared war on the remaining Allied forces. Germany knew what a value ally Yuri could be and set out to free him from his prison and gather his forces that fled.

The Soviets remembered what happened to them in World War II and decided to join forces with the Allies. The remaining Soviet Allies quickly joined with Germany in the quest to free Yuri.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: storyline?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
Instead of the prison being bombed and he escaped....how about:

The war against Yuri had finally come to an end with his capture. His remaining troops were either captured or fled.

The Americans knew how dangerous he was and designed a prison that rendered his powers useless.

In the coming months talk of what was to be done with his mind control technology. At the peace summit, the Americans felt it was best to destroy it, while others wanted to harvest the power to use against their enemies.

The US gave an ultimatum that if a solution could not be agree apon, they would break off further talks and would no longer supply them with their prism technolgy.

The Germans took exception to this and declared war on the remaining Allied forces. Germany knew what a value ally Yuri could be and set out to free him from his prison and gather his forces that fled.

The Soviets remembered what happened to them in World War II and decided to join forces with the Allies. The remaining Soviet Allies quickly joined with Germany in the quest to free Yuri.
now thats a better story great job

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:32 pm    Post subject: some ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now some of Germany's bases could have left over Prism stuff. They could use the limited items they have, but make it not buildable by any of the New "Soviet" forces. You could have a new weapon that would disable the prism towers. I guess this is where the emp could be of some use(if possible). Not sure of how it works, but maybe a superweapon that has to recharge or maybe a long range cannon attack or maybe bombers. If possible for cannon/bombers then I would make it not do so much physical damage, but knock out time (if possible) of the power.

Your first objective could be locate and capture old yuri bases, round up some of the Yuri troops that fled. Maybe some where down the road you need to locate the creator of the mind technology. then later on use him to build the new battle i will mention.

I wouldn't give them Yuri's mind control technology right away...maybe could give 1 item. make a second battle lab. Make this battle lab the reason for the mind weapons. I was never crazy for the brutes, maybe replace brutes with a "terminator" or cyborg technology.

I have no clue how Yur's stuff works in coding so if these ideas arent possible then forget it, just trying to give an idea.

A storyline for the cyborg tech could be something like the war had taken a toll on their forces so they needed a way to replace there forces. If possible make them powered like the robot tanks were. if power goes offline they stop working.

I wouldn't use the mutator, but maybe the grinder for captured vehicles. Take the v3 and give it chaos gas. drop the dolphin and squids go let more high tech. I can't remember if it was Asian Alliance or Mental Omega. but things like the microwave tank or earthquake tank could be interesting

I do know you can have a person as a prerequisite for building items. so if you were to find Joe Shmo running around and hes on yer side you could build new things.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: just another thought Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another thought that popped into my head. Its based off an old G.I. Joe cartoon. Cobra needed 3 items to power this super weapon, one was heavy water. (For SPM) In order to build something special you would need to capture civilian structures. By themselves they are harmless, but combine the 3 or 4 they can make something wicked. One item could be something like a refinery or ore processor. It gives you cash when you own it.

for the cyborg thought...give it a death weapon that has small radius of nuke or chaos exposure. since its powered it could cause death or confusion from the radiation.

Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: just another thought Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
Another thought that popped into my head. Its based off an old G.I. Joe cartoon. Cobra needed 3 items to power this super weapon, one was heavy water. (For SPM) In order to build something special you would need to capture civilian structures. By themselves they are harmless, but combine the 3 or 4 they can make something wicked. One item could be something like a refinery or ore processor. It gives you cash when you own it.

That's... actually not a bad idea.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cheers for all the help and suggestions

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Mortar Trooper Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Korean Mortar Trooper can fire HE shells far across the battlefeild massacring enemy infantry and destroying structures and can even be rather effective ageist light armour aswell the only downside is the inacuracy and when not using his Mortar Launcher he is Armed with M16A2 Assault Rifles

Cost: $850
Arment: M16A2 And Mortar Launcher
Prerequisite: Barracks
Speed: Fast
Stremgth: Medium
Sides: Korea

Mortar Trooper.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  6.79 KB
 Viewed:  24492 Time(s)

Mortar Trooper.png

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you decide to make a prison and the firestorm walls work in Yuri's, you might be able use it. I know the recon weapon and planes were destroyed when trying to cross over it while I was beta testing TI. it might work for Yuri's powers, not sure.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Nuke Bomber Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As if Libya didn't already have enough nuke tech the new Nuke Bomber makes wiping out infantry, armour convoys and buildings as easy as squashing ants trading speed for armour and strength

Cost: $2,000
Arment: Nuke Bombs
Prerequisite: Soviet Airpad, Soviet Battle Lab
Speed: Slow
Stremgth: Heavy
Sides: Libya

(Thx for help with Bombers Cranium and M7)

Nuke Bomber.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.33 KB
 Viewed:  24410 Time(s)

Nuke Bomber.png

Last edited by dodgevipergts on Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Libyas Army Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uranium Tank-$1,300 (Azri-Apoc)
Demo Truck-$1,500 (Westwood Studios)
Nuke Cannon-$2,500 (MadHQ)
Nuke Bomber-$1,800 (MadHQ)
Bio Trooper-$500 (Lao Tze)
Nuke Plant-$600 (The I Man)

Libyas Army.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.8 KB
 Viewed:  24390 Time(s)

Libyas Army.png

Last edited by dodgevipergts on Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That Bio Trooper is by Lao Tze, not DeeZire.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
That Bio Trooper is by Lao Tze, not DeeZire.
oh tnx

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Aurora Bomber Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The counterpart to the Libyan Nuke Bomber which is well known for rejuicing Allied bases to rubble in little time at all thankfully the Aurora is also very capable of cruching bases no problem at all but what makes this different to the Nuke Bomber is the Auroras lightning quick speed great for quick strike bombing and it's massive amounts of spread for it's bombs making the Aurora Bomber a worthy contender to the Libyan Nuke Bomber

Cost: $1,800
Arment: Mini Fuel-Air Bombs
Prerequisite: American Air Command HQ, Allied Battle Lab
Speed: Fast
Stremgth: Medium
Sides: America

Aurora.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  10.86 KB
 Viewed:  24333 Time(s)

Aurora.png

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Cruiser Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After Red Alert 1 everyone thought it was the end for the Cruiser but not so the Cruiser is still alive the Germans manufactured a updated Cruiser Ship at massivly high prices but are they worth it the simple answer is yes the Cruiser can demolish structures in only a few shots with no fear of the projectiles being shot down

Cost: $3,500
Arment: Duel 16 Inch High Powerd Cnanons
Prerequisite: Allied Naval Yard, Allied Battle Lab
Speed: Slow
Stremgth: High
Sides: Germany

by tony

Cruiser.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  15.41 KB
 Viewed:  24261 Time(s)

Cruiser.png

Last edited by dodgevipergts on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm pretty sure Tony made that one, but I'm not 100 percent.

Steam

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes i think it was tony cheers

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Kamikaze Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cuban Kamikaze Pilots couldn't care less if they are a asked to fly a plane into something if it aids the course

Cost: $700
Arment: Explosives
Prerequisite: Soviet Airpad
Speed: Very Fast
Stremgth: Weak
Sides: Cuba

Kamikaze Plane.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.75 KB
 Viewed:  24205 Time(s)

Kamikaze Plane.png

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, as far as I understand, this is just another "let's take a bucket of units, and throw them into YR" with no story, no gameplay changes, no important underlying game mechanic, no vision.

Just lots of new units.

That's great if that's what you want, but if you want to make something special that sticks out above the dozens of "bucket of plastic tank" mods, you need something better.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:
Alright, as far as I understand, this is just another "let's take a bucket of units, and throw them into YR" with no story, no gameplay changes, no important underlying game mechanic, no vision.

Just lots of new units.

That's great if that's what you want, but if you want to make something special that sticks out above the dozens of "bucket of plastic tank" mods, you need something better.
alot of my units are differnt in some way there not just aload of pointless tanks which are all the same and i will do the AI one day and maybe makes some maps to

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast wrote:

Just lots of new units.

Cut the guy some slack. My first mod added a ton of shit and I totally released it and I was fucking proud of it. #Tongue

Besides, you should see how much shit I've added the mod I'm currently working on. I took a completely uncommented rules file and built it back to damn near the size of the vanilla rules. I mean, that's a lot of shit.

Steam

Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone's first mod is almost exactly like Whiteboy's Rules - add everything the game allows.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, even I added bunch of new units.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

But somehow Whiteboy's mod got considered a good mod. : |

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Yuri's Army Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dodgevipergts wrote:
Gattling Gunner-$400 (By Dethro)
Mind Controlled Mutt-$200 (By The I Man)
Driller APC-$1,100 (By lefthand)
Hornet Chopper-$2,000 (By Tresbourre)
Ore Miner-$1,400 (By shadowfx78)
MiG-21 Fishbed-$1,000 (By Conman)
Airpad-$800 (By MadHQ)
Service Depot-$800 (By The I Man)
Ore Refinery-$2,000 (By MadHQ)

Why so many mods repeat this three stupid things? Yuri not need normal refinery. And Yuri really not need refinery with biological liquid wats. Yuri haven't repair depot because not need this, Yuri not repair, he make new strong units. Westwood make Yuri side with slavrs and grinders because it is more interesting.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because simple people like symmetry.

cxtian39
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because there ARE a Yuri-ish refinery with biological liquid wats and a Yuri-ish C&P service depot available for all to download and they got used again and again and again... What's available affects one's thinking. If they never come to existence or go public, you definitely won't see so many of them.

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do we really want mods made on auto-pilot by unthinking authors purely because stuff is available?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

G-E, No but his points are invalid.

Quote:
Why so many mods repeat this three stupid things?

When someone start sentence with this and continues with grammar like 6 year old kid, then his post cannot be considered much smarter neither.
Quote:
Yuri not need normal refinery. And Yuri really not need refinery with biological liquid wats

And Yuri not needed campaign by that logic. If people want to put refineries for Yuri, that is their decision, I do not consider this stupid since it is proven to work in best mods.
Quote:
Yuri haven't repair depot because not need this, Yuri not repair, he make new strong units.

That is completely wrong assumption. Yuri does not have strong units, his army mind control others, but himself has only Lasher tank and brute. Also lack of repair unit is by vast majority of people considered great disadvantage, and it cannot be compared to grinder since those two are two completely different things with different purposes. One repairs, another recycles.
Quote:
Westwood make Yuri side with slavrs and grinders because it is more interesting

I agree on that one as well, Yuri's side is my favorite because it is interesting. But being interesting does not necessary mean that it is easy to play with and especially that it does have all necessary stuff in there (Yuri lacks transport unit, repair unit, proper artillery unit, powerful unit, and airborne unit...)

RIAKTOR
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
G-E, No but his points are invalid.

Quote:
Why so many mods repeat this three stupid things?

When someone start sentence with this and continues with grammar like 6 year old kid, then his post cannot be considered much smarter neither.
Quote:
Yuri not need normal refinery. And Yuri really not need refinery with biological liquid wats

And Yuri not needed campaign by that logic. If people want to put refineries for Yuri, that is their decision, I do not consider this stupid since it is proven to work in best mods.
Quote:
Yuri haven't repair depot because not need this, Yuri not repair, he make new strong units.

That is completely wrong assumption. Yuri does not have strong units, his army mind control others, but himself has only Lasher tank and brute. Also lack of repair unit is by vast majority of people considered great disadvantage, and it cannot be compared to grinder since those two are two completely different things with different purposes. One repairs, another recycles.
Quote:
Westwood make Yuri side with slavrs and grinders because it is more interesting

I agree on that one as well, Yuri's side is my favorite because it is interesting. But being interesting does not necessary mean that it is easy to play with and especially that it does have all necessary stuff in there (Yuri lacks transport unit, repair unit, proper artillery unit, powerful unit, and airborne unit...)

I speak English very bad. This isn't my native language.

Mental omega isn't best mod. Reborn isn't best mod. Intelligense Tech probably is best mod, but in this Yuri have slaves and refinery, this refinery isn't look like cloning vats. Yuri must use slaves, because normal refinery is not in Yuri style and make Yuri side less interesting.

Damaged units is weak. Yuri recycle weak units and make or seize new. He not repair weak units. I never repair damaged units by servis depot, but use Yuri's grinder.

Yuri's side not weak, it is different. Why this must be clon of other sides in all stupid mods?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RIAKTOR wrote:

I speak English very bad. This isn't my native language.

But you criticized very well. English is not my language as well, and I do not speak it very nice as well. But guess what, when I registered I was very worse than now. It sucked and still sucks, but less. You in other hand are registered here for 5 years, did not improve even little, but you criticize instead even stuff which are meant to be for personnel opinion as well. When you use personnel opinion as fact especially combining with bad English, then that can be understood in far worse way.
You for example basically called Refineries, repair units and other stuff ,,stupid things", you never said ,,in my opinion this is stupid", but you basically used your personnel opinion as fact, degrading people's work.

RIAKTOR wrote:
Mental omega isn't best mod. Reborn isn't best mod. Intelligense Tech probably is best mod,

According to you. For me not, and I can show you tons of people disagreeing with you.

RIAKTOR wrote:
but in this Yuri have slaves and refinery, this refinery isn't look like cloning vats. Yuri must use slaves, because normal refinery is not in Yuri style and make Yuri side less interesting.

Again, you personnel opinion put as public facts. I like something, but that does not mean that others should like and accept, but I put that this is my opinion.

RIAKTOR wrote:
Damaged units is weak. Yuri recycle weak units and make or seize new. He not repair weak units.

Because he does not have option to repair. he is forced to recycle. That is why I and vast majority of people use repair units for Yuri, not necessarily Depots.

RIAKTOR wrote:
I never repair damaged units by servis depot, but use Yuri's grinder.

Again, what YOU DO.
I never use repair depots as well as I have Engineer IFV as Allied.
Guess what, I use Yuri Grinder because I DO NOT HAVE OTHER OPTION. But I would always repair what is suitable for my needs. I would need prism, mirage, demo truck and several other units in full health rather than recycle them if they are damaged.

RIAKTOR wrote:
Yuri's side not weak, it is different. Why this must be clon of other sides in all stupid mods?

This is what you do not understand because of your weak English.
I never said that Yuri's side is weak, I said it is weak according to psychical power! You see, I was talking about powerful units. Apocalypse, mammoth Tanks, Battle Fortress etc etc... whatever you can name it. His only tank is lasher tank. This is what I talk about. When we talk about other stuff, about how useful some units is, than I can tell you Master Mind, Magnetron, Chaos Drone etc etc... they are useful lot! But regarding just powerful units alone, he does not have one.

And again, you lack basic sense of logic.
What you basically said is this:
,,This is bad because I do not like it."
But I would like to say this way: ,,Regardless if something is considered good or not by majority, I do not like it"

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [102 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon