Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:56 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Hellspit
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject:  Hellspit
Subject description: Flamethrower Infantry
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hellspit

Strength: Medium
Armour: Weak
Speed: Slow

A more high ranking and devastating infantry unit, the Hellspit is armed with a flamethrower unit, capable of torching entire infantry battalions. Hellspit flamethrower squads utilize hazard suits that allow them to be used in groups not risking to set each other on fire. Also the specialized role of a Hellspit is fending off tiberium life forms, the Hellspits hazard suit protects from tiberium.

Last edited by Morpher on Fri May 07, 2010 9:45 am; edited 3 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crispy :3

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good but the name sucks IMO.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's wrong with the name?

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh... I was thinking of the German C&C1 names... the flamethrower is called "Flamme der Läuterung" there. Unfortunately, the English translation of that ("purifying flame") is already kinda used in Kane's Wrath -_-

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Call him an Incinerator Infantry... it's a little long. Hellspit sounds o.k....

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Name him "The Colonel", and when you select him he can say "extra crispy"...

Titan
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Devil's Tongue? We tried to keep the same style. Wink It sounds aggressive, but the Devil's tongue doesn't sound too friendly either... Twisted Evil

Hellspit & Devil's Tongue, I have no objection.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well ... will you think about their names that much while youre playing, too? This is a bad guy with some really nasty Napalm coming from his gun - why exactly doesnt that unit deserve a name like "Hellspit"? Too aggressive? Too Powerfull?

Well ... Id say wait for the actual game - it might happen that this little guy may surprise you...

yup, neptune size!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course I'd think about it. First time playing I always check everything out, see whats sucks and what doesnt. It's not like I'm an actually guy on the ground facing one of these off - THEN I wouldn't care.

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the name, good choice there team! Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Cameo looks quite passive. Unlike the Disciple who looks ready for battle, this guy doesn't. The unit looks really, really good; but I'd work on the cameo just a bit.

If you guys don't, then I'll just change it on my download when TO is finished.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've cleansed this topic of its crap.

Keep it clean, and stay on topic.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just to clarify anything, HellSpit was meant to keep the theme of Nod's flame units. Devils Tongue and HellSpit both have similar words. Devil / Hell and Tongue / Spit. It was a simple as that, we wanted to keep that combination and the team were happy with that. However of course we are always open to improvements and suggestions from the community as long as the suggestions are within decent limits.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's a guy I haven't seen in any of the promo shots... are you guys redoing the infantry?

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We sure are, expect all of these threads to be updated sometime soon!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon