Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:56 am
All times are UTC + 0
Sensor Array
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject:  Sensor Array
Subject description: Support
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sensor Array

Unit Stats
Strength: Medium
Weapon: N/A
Advanced Weapon: N/A
Speed: Medium
Requires: GDI Radar

Description:
The Sensor Array allows GDI to scan local areas for cloaked, camoflauged or subterranean units / structures. It also comes with a small built in Scout Droid which is released upon deployment of the Sensor Array and can be used for additional recon missions.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So . . . . tiny. It lacks detail TBH. There's nothing much on it.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It reminds me too much of the TO disruptor in a bad way. It looks more like a scary little combat vehicle that could ztype my shit up rather than deploy and chill.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it. The scout drone idea is super as well. Will it only deploy it once? I'm under the assumption of yes #Tongue

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Krow wrote:
So . . . . tiny. It lacks detail TBH. There's nothing much on it.

Small...? I think you might be getting confused unless you want massive scale voxels all of a sudden or something I'm missing.

Regulus wrote:
I like it. The scout drone idea is super as well. Will it only deploy it once? I'm under the assumption of yes #Tongue

You assume very correct!

Carnotaurus wrote:
It reminds me too much of the TO disruptor in a bad way. It looks more like a scary little combat vehicle that could ztype my shit up rather than deploy and chill.

I posted an image with the Disruptor to try and figure out some of the resemblance excluding dish (part of vehicle image / feature) or the fact it uses 4 wheels / 4 track parts (I guess the main similarity).

SizeMatters.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.58 KB
 Viewed:  8624 Time(s)

SizeMatters.PNG

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah the bane of lack of scale. People think things are small and yet in reality they dwarf vanilla assets. CHECK YOUR EYES PEOPLE!

So what happens when your scout drone dies? Do you have to buy another sensor vehicle?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the Scout Drone idea, though I hope you coded the deployed Sensor Array to undeploy into a clone of the original vehicle which deploys into a clone of the deployed Sensor Array building which doesn't have a Free Unit (feels so strange trying to explain what I mean, but I figure it's pretty straight forward). It would seem silly to me if you were to keep undeploying and redeploying a single Sensor Array to acquire infinite Scout Drones.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher already said it cannot undeploy after deployed, Aro.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ugh, I'm blind. Confused

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you look at the original image, there is a Sensor Array at the top right which has already deployed once, and the graphics have been altered slightly to show the drone has detattched, your sensor array can deploy as many times as you would like, but you only get one free drone.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
So what happens when your scout drone dies? Do you have to buy another sensor vehicle?

The scout drone is a bit of a throw away unit. It's free, which means you lose nothing when it gets destroyed (which it most definitely will #Tongue). After that you've probably gained decent intelligence from the scouting. If you haven't then yes, you'll need a new Array to get another drone.

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huh I missed the "it" between "deploy" and "once" in Regulus' quote and misunderstood it :S

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant the drone. #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It actually looks quite crisp when it's moving around and bobbing up and down.

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
It actually looks quite crisp when it's moving around and bobbing up and down.

GIF time ? Razz

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Stop.

GIF-time.

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Stop.

GIF-time.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i see the comparison pic, and IMO i see TO GDI unit need more darker to fit the building scheme

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darker means smudgier.
It simply has to be admitted that voxels and SHPs will never look the same.

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could make them darker with this.
Code:
ExtraUnitLight

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Certainly an option. Not something I'd like to see on the already fairly dark Nod units, so there'd be substantial tinkering to be done there.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TO could adapt an edited VPL that tweaks the lighting on GDI schemes.

But to be honest, they look fine as they are.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have investigated it, but the problem is that the different styles of vehicles (Nod, GDI, Cabal, Mutant, Civilian) have significantly different aesthetics/colours which aren't be uniformly improved by a different vpl. It'd take a lot of tweaking and fixing to get everything looking good in a new vpl - imo it's not something that can be done so late in the process.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon