Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am
All times are UTC + 0
How To Use Ares Without LaunchBase
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject:  How To Use Ares Without LaunchBase Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since nobody seems to know how Ares works unless used in conjunction with LaunchBase, I'm going to explain how to use it since it's incredibly simple and requires absolutely no work on your part.

Simply download Ares, install this then extract the contents to your Red Alert 2 game directory. The documentation is included in the package and tells you exactly what is new and usable. Then just double click RunAres.bat to activate Ares.

Now. Quit asking how Ares works!

Key Words: #Tutorials #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares 

Steam

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I use Comodo and have never had an issue.

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Comodo Defense+ is the issue.
Specifically, the Shell-code injection feature- you have to add all the Ares related files to it, or it has problems running at all.

hotrods20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

+1 internetz for you, FurryQueen. I received a few emails from people trying BCD that didn't understand how to use Ares. Ill just send them here.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Furry wrote:
Since nobody seems to know how Ares works unless used in conjunction with LaunchBase,

Hey now, watch who your talking about there buddy Laughing
But to be serious, I've been running ares standalone since the beginning. I actually dont even like or use Launchbase. My mods contained into it's own folder so I dont have to worry about lauchbases add/remove files from the directory function since it's not even in the RA2 directory. I dont even use a disc with mod either. Just click my desktop icon and away goes my mod Smile

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the purpose of LB was a universal platform for people to deploy mods like XCC was but useful information I guess.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with cranium, and I share the same stance/story. I have tried using launchbase, and I do know how to use launchbase, but for modding I think using ares stand alone is easier and less complicated "for me anyways".

However when I do release my mod it will most likely be with launchbase.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
I thought the purpose of LB was a universal platform for people to deploy mods like XCC was but useful information I guess.

I've had people ask me time and time again how to do this so I made a guide stating the totally fucking obvious. Sadly, the link has been given out a few times already.

I still support LB for releases though. This shit is for testing.

Steam

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well for us Mod Devs, Launchbase inst needed, but for those who download our mods, I 100% recommend Launchbase.

{edit} lol, got ganked by Fen.

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon