Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:19 am
All times are UTC + 0
Orca Transport
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject:  Orca Transport
Subject description: Infantry and Cargo Transport
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca Transport

Unit Stats
Strength: Medium
Weapon: N/A
Advanced Weapon: N/A
Speed: Medium
Requires: N/A

Description:
The Orca Transport serves as a large scale aerial infantry transport vehicle capable of carrying up to 15 passengers or an array of supplies and goods when emergancy supplies are requested. The Transport carries containers which are suited for the task at hand ie; infantry containers fitted with seating rows, weapon holders and ammo supplies or supply containers which are more suited for storage supply space. They are used only for specific missions and skirmishes which require their particular use.

This unit is unbuildable.

KanoYugoro
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That is the sexiest orca transport I have ever seen.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The design looks messy IMO, like several Orca fighter/bombers have been cut up & badly stuck back together :/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, looks great! I like the containers and that SAM Turret.

Am I seeing a luggage cart in the second pic?

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

KanoYugoro wrote:
That is the sexiest orca transport I have ever seen.

QFT.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with MiG Eater. I would expect something of better quality to serve as the TO Orca Transport.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well there's also the big honkin dropship Area52 made a while back, in this picture

this one isn't too shabby either, but there's def something missing that I can't place

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyeh... back to the drawing board.

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does look like quite a copy and paste product; the whole body seems repetitive, and the main-body (and front) seems to lack detail (looks quite smooth and cylindrical).

Lord Unforgiven
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Nyeh... back to the drawing board.

I don't care what the others say. Keep the voxel for the mod, or as a public voxel.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think it looks too long, like if you cut the overall length by 1/3 (from the middle) it would be nice. Then again I'm simply not a big fan of realistic scales Wink

P.S. Love that little scientist guy. Very simple but effective color swap!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:

P.S. Love that little scientist guy. Very simple but effective color swap!

Isn't that just the Tratos sprite with remap replaced by grey?

j4m3sb0nd
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lab-coat looks good, but I would suppose he would only be wearing it out there if he wore it all day anyway, and did not wish to bother taking it off. Or, it could just be a "civilian" with a white shirt, but thinking of it as a lab-coat makes it seem like a more effective addition to TO: you could use him in special bases and locations on maps and missions, to good effect.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's tratos, as you said SuperJoe, very simple but very effective, not everything has to be a hard trail to make to be good #Tongue .

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like it. The crate thing is always a neat idea,

but,

will there be a smaller transport for smaller cargo/troops? It doesn't make sense moving a section of infantry around in a huge transport like that.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Personally, I like it.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for going offtopic, but that cool little scientist inspired me to create a few different versions of it. I can give them for TO if you have any need for them.

EDIT: To avoid discrimination, here are a few female versions:

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

can i have it too, SuperJoe ? :p

ah, for orca, i agree what migeater said..

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Heh, PM them to me SuperJoe or make them a public download!

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
Heh, PM them to me SuperJoe or make them a public download!

Do both. Everyone likes scientists.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The scientists are downloadable here (scroll down to the 9th post).

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mobius is back with his funky white hair! "Ma'am?"

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WHY ARE ALL FEMALE SCIENTISTS FAT BITCHES, MAN? CAN'T A NIGGA GET SOMEONE THIN AND SEXY?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry, but the lab coats are loose like that and don't stick onto the scientists' otherwise sexy forms. #Tongue

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Sorry, but the lab coats are loose like that and don't stick onto the scientists' otherwise sexy forms. #Tongue

it's certainly a problem. One of the reasons I'm not pursuing Microbiology any further than this year.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the transport is great.

What else is a modular transport supposed to look like?

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ztyping leave it be, it looks fine. I want to play TO already. It's a high quality voxel and is SP only anyway.

Looney
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
I want to play TO already.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon