Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:36 am
All times are UTC + 0
Multiple mods
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
valdyr
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject:  Multiple mods
Subject description: I know it has been asked, but none solution will work
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi again Very Happy

I know this question has been asked but as I know nobody post a solution yet, or not the one that will work.
My main goal is to combine TiberiumEssence mod with my mod for PowerPlant and HandOfNod. So, I am looking for a way to use both mods at the same time.

First I tried with two add-big lines in skudef file, but nothing.
Then I tried to add my mod in Core folder of TW like a patch would be, but that attempt ended in crashing the game. For this the files in *.big mod are all named static_common and static_common_l.

Is there a soluton for running two (or more) mods at the same time, or is there a tutorial on how to build and install a mod as a patch for TibWars (so I can run one mod as a patch and another in the usual way)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You need to put all files of both mods in a new mod. Because you have to encrypt/compile it, this can't be done, as you will be missing all TE codes.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is no encryption whatsoever in any of the files. You could build a patch but I don't think the original EA tools would work for you there.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I assume, however, that you'd need to iron out any adverse interactions between the files from the two mods? If your Powerplant mod overwrites or contradicts parts of TE then you'll need to bash the code to fit.

Last edited by Orac on Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yup, each asset can only be patched as a whole.

valdyr
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn, why did EA had to make it difficult.
It must be that, TE modifies both nod powerplant and hand of nod.
I don't know what to try next...

Thanks for the info...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ju-Jin wrote:
There is no encryption whatsoever in any of the files. You could build a patch but I don't think the original EA tools would work for you there.

I more meant that while you can access both mods assets (models, textures, sounds) in a way (I know how, but won't tell), and merge those in a mod, you can't access the codes used in the mods, as those are compiled.

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could do it too, it's quite easy. But I won't write a tutorial on hex editing that stuff together or on using Bibbers tools when there is no reason for it. And you can access the codes if you have a program for it. WrathEd does that for KW.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum