Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:38 am
All times are UTC + 0
Timesplitters 4
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject:  Timesplitters 4 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So before we start, I should say I LOVE the Timesplitters games...or rather, Timesplitters Game (I only owned Future Perfect, but breifly played (but barely recall) a session of Timesplitters 2).

So as I'm browsing around the usual spots, I come across this on Wikiped -

[quote=Wikipedia TimeSplitters 4 Page]On July 30, 2011, an article in Official Playstation Magazine September 2011 edition claimed that the fourth installment was to be announced soon by Crytek, stating "Gun-wielding monkeys are making a comeback! A fourth TimeSplitters title is to be announced soon."[/quote]

Now I know Wikiped's a open format, anyone can edit thing and that Crytek UK (formerly Free Radical) seem to have been on and off about this over the years. However, a source has been cited in the actual page. If the announcement becomes offical...well, I'm not 100% sure what I should be thinking - should I be hailing it and rushing to buy a Console, or should I be loathing and dreading it given some more recent failures like Duke Nukem Forever?

With that in mind, here's a short list of things I'd like to see -

#1 - Don't take too many things from modern games

I think this goes without saying given what DNF was like, but I'm not sure TS would quite be the same with Regenerating Health, a Two Weapon Limit and a Cover Mechanic. If it turns out to be true, it won't ruin the experiance as long as it's done well - remember Human Revolution and how it resolved this?

In short, TS was always about FUN. The less fun it feels, the less it feels like a TimeSplitters game.

#2 - Sense of Humor

I think it would be a great shame if this went. TS was NEVER serious. I mean can you see Ninja Monkey's weilding Guns in a Call of Duty game? Or even scenes like this classic? -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF4ZLtVIk8o&feature=related

This one's practically immutable unfortunately. I just can't see TS being a darker, grittier shooter where Cortez is a grumbling power armoured Sphess Mehreen. Actually, hang on a second...

#3 - The Post Game Content

Beat the Single Player in a weekend? That's okay, go play the Mini Games or Challenges for some unlocks. Regular Multiplayer maps wearing you down? Future Perfect (and TS 2 if I remember correctly) had a very easy to learn and use Map Editor - by learning just a few simple commands and a basic knowledge of tiles and objects, a newb could make a playable map in a few hours. Better yet, FP took advantage of the added online play to allow people to share their maps online and even rate them - another added bonus and a good way to examine and dig apart the maps and learn (much like how some people learn to mod RA2/YR).

All three just represent my own opinion, though I'm sure others have similair thoughts. At the same time, don't expect me to overtly hate the game if some or all on my list aren't met.[spoiler]Indeed, I'm one of the few who welcomed the Crawler system in C&C 4 with open arms. These days though I stand by that it was a sound idea on paper instead of what we got.[/spoiler]

So what do all of you think? Are you happy? Upset? Not caring the slightest? Or are we all waiting for the announcement of the new Monkey charecters?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I ztyping love Timsplitters, especially future perfect. I hope they don't alter the formula too much. TS2 and TSFP were very similar in formula but were both amazing games. I hope that the 4th installment WILL be more of the same.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
I ztyping love Timsplitters, especially future perfect. I hope they don't alter the formula too much. TS2 and TSFP were very similar in formula but were both amazing games. I hope that the 4th installment WILL be more of the same.

Kinda my thoughts as well. The point I make with the above is pretty much "Please don't screw this up."

Having said that, they haven't offically announced it, they've just been doing more Hintdropping. So it's likely I'm kicking up a fuss about nothing.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crytek making TimeSplitters = instant win

I only ever played TS 2, but it offered fun entertainment non-stop.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've played them all from the very first TS1, which was my first game for PS2. They're very good games to play with friends, even just sharing moments trying to complete the many challenges / arcade leagues and I always enjoyed the singleplayer modes which were definately an improvement in TSFP, though personally I never felt TSFP brought a massive amount of improvements to the game, like TS2 did to TS1.

The best we can hope for is that Crytek don't try to "revolutionize" the game by any means, it needs to keep the same basic recipe as the previous games did when it game to gameplay and unlocking content. Regenerating health and weapon limits will take a way a lot of the games playing style. I also hope they don't base all of their humour on parodying modern games.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
The best we can hope for is that Crytek don't try to "revolutionize" the game by any means, it needs to keep the same basic recipe as the previous games did when it game to gameplay and unlocking content. Regenerating health and weapon limits will take a way a lot of the games playing style. I also hope they don't base all of their humour on parodying modern games.

Pretty much my thoughts as well. This seems to have been one of the pitfalls of DNF.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah this game is all about fun , back in PS2 days i played so many times i only had lots of fun , but unlike call of duty games it makes me very angry, I like TS:FP the most espacialy the stroy missions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum