Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:53 am
All times are UTC + 0
Getting a 'Gap generator' to work in C&C3?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject:  Getting a 'Gap generator' to work in C&C3? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was wondering if an effect similar to the Gap generator would be possible in C&C3?
A shroud generating object, with the shroud also preventing special power targeting.

I seem to remember that a generals mod had such a structure, I wonder if the code that allowed that remains in C&C3?

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know the Shockwave team (IIRC it's Shockwave) had a Shroud Generating vehicle for the GLA. So you might want to ask them about it and see if it's still intact.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

and ROTR has copy of gap generator for russia, and both rotr and shw is develop by same team

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The ZH code module used for this in SHW and ROTR, ActiveShroudUpgrade, does not seem to exist in TW. You could make your jammer block special powers (similar to how the Ion Cannon is jammed in Temple Prime) but this would not allow penetrating the jamming by means of scouting.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is a mini shroud generator possible?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@m7 and iamnoob: Generals and TW are completely different, so don't assume that if something is in Generals, it automaticly is in TW as well Wink
As for the matter at hand: if the GapGen idea fails, I suggest using the module the Disruption tower uses as a Mobile Stealth Gen.

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I seem to remember that a generals mod had such a structure, I wonder if the code that allowed that remains in C&C3?

This is the only reason I bothered to post in this thread, I merely stated a function that exists in Generals as he asked.

Golan
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Madin wrote:
Is a mini shroud generator possible?
You could try linking a circular dummy-object showing up as black on the radar screen (an object with KindOf Tiberium can use the TiberiumCrystal module to have a set radar color) but this will not be real shroud. The a constantly working version of the Venoms radar jammer is probably more effective from a gameplay standpoint.

Madin
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for all the answers and info!

Looks like I will not have to bother with the Gap Generator!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum