Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am
All times are UTC + 0
Looking for Helpers
Moderators: DaFool, Dutchygamer
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject:  Looking for Helpers
Subject description: 'jobs' if you want to call them that.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, when I first started making this mod I was going pretty strong, but it was in the middle of winter vacation, and I was unemployed. So i didn't really have alot on my plate. However, I've got alot of school right now, a summer job in the works, and million other little things that are taking up my time. One option is for the production of the mod to come to a crawl, which you may have noticed, and another option is to get a couple helpers to carry the torch for me when I cannot. I think the latter is good because it can get some people involved, get them actually modding Generals, and maybe teach them a little something so that they can go forth and make thier own mods. Boogiewoo0 has lended me a hand and has created several very nice models for the allies, and his work is appreciated. The help I'm asking for is small, and any help will be great. here's what I'm looking for:

2d Artist
Description: So, I'm recreating the red alert factions in Zero Hour. Well, as of right now they are using the command bars of the zero hour factions. Your job will be to either create a new one, or somehow copy and past from the old siderbars and make something new.
Still open.

3d modeller
Description: Make models for the game. Not a whole proffesionalism is needed, if you look at my models you'll see that the standard is pretty low. As long as you can tell what it is... The Japanese need to be finished, and Yuri and all three allies need to be tackled. Even the occasional model will do really good.
Only the RA3 Allied stuff is left, and some models spread over the other armies.

Terrain Artitst
Description: Solid colors. All you need to do is get the textures of solid colors in. Thats it. Paint bucket tool, and a little bit of ini coding, and your done. No such thing as tiles or cliffs or ramps in Zero Hour.
Still open.

Mapper
Description: Once the terrain is in, just go wild
Still open.

General INI coder/Researcher
Description: Basically I need someone to chip in with the coding, and maybe pitch in with research (try to emeulate stuff from the ra games). No experience required, I will teach you how to do stuff if need be.
Still open, even though we've figured out a lot by ourselfs already.

AI Coder
Descirption: This may be the toughest job here, and you might need some experience. Basically the ai does absolutly nothing right now, I would like that to change. Now, I won't mention Dutchy name Wink
Already being worked on by both Dutchy and DaFool.

I'm not going to mention testers, because I have a 'release what you' policy, as you can see with the demos I release everytime I get the models for a faction done. However, you find a bug, report it please. Thansk guys.

Dutchy: Updated positions

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Helpers Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DaFool wrote:
AI Coder
Descirption: This may be the toughest job here, and you might need some experience. Basically the ai does absolutly nothing right now, I would like that to change. Now, I won't mention Dutchy name Wink

D:

Well, good luck finding ppl here #Tongue I doubt you will get much from these forums. If you wish I can create a similar thread on a Generals moddng community to get some ppl Wink
Also, as for me and these roles: I'm a bit of an all-rounder on Generals, and I'm quite busy with my own mod, TI and MV already, so I can't give you my help Neutral

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it's ok. You're like theonly one I know here who not only mods generals, but is good with the AI. I should probably learn to do it myself, but meh.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made a post here. I hope you get some help. Also, I'm only an expert in TS/RA2 AI, not in Generals AI, because that works completely else Wink

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I did some AI work in generals a while ago. I have to admit, it was pretty annoying, but I got it done.

Quote:
Terrain Artitst
Description: Solid colors. All you need to do is get the textures of solid colors in. Thats it. Paint bucket tool, and a little bit of ini coding, and your done. No such thing as tiles or cliffs or ramps in Zero Hour.

Lovely, I can make you some terrain 2d images. Are you saying completely solid colors? Can there be a tiny bit of detail in them?

As for 3D modeler, I can model. Just, low poly is not my strength. I'm sure you've seen some of my models around the forums.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

great!

Well, I'd suggest that you'd make a bunch of the solid color ones, and then maybe add in a little bit of detail to see if it works.

As for the models, if it match the "quality" of mine, then they're good.

Joshy
Schwing!

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alright, I'll do some solid colors, and go from there.

As for the 3d models, Generals has a low poly limit, and I usually model stuff not thinking about how high I'm getting the poly's up to. So models turn into like 10,000 poly and up sometimes. #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, looks like Joshy is good for some solid colors, and more ploies than all of my models so far combined (I'm tempted just to sibdivide a sphere to 10,000 polies and try to get it to run ingame #Tongue)

Duthcy is here for moral support

Boogiewoo0 is missing, but he's made some solid contributions

anyone else?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not a single reply on the thread on the other forum... Only 41 views Neutral

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, I would like to take a shot at the Yuri/Allied vehicles if you want. Gives me a reason to work with 3D again #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, great! Yuri is wide open for you, and if you do allies, I would start with the ra2 or ra1 ones first. Boogiewoo is MIA, but theres a small chance he's working (he usually does ra3 allies), and I would hate to see redundancy, because I would have to choose Sad.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll start with Yuri's stuff first. Lasher will be first in my (not so very long) Yuri list #Tongue

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new job is available: String Manager. Basically you handle the .csf file which includes all the text that shows up ingame which is not an image. Things like Unit names, unit descriptions, faction names and descriptions, etc.

I could do it myself, but if someone gave me a hand that would be great.

JJ_
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recommend you to use a .str file instead of a .csf file. It's much easier to edit and much less of a pain to make the game read.

KiwiWarrior
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hello i can help you with some General INI coding as well as String Manager. if u are still looking for ppl i dont know if dis mod is dead or nt i just found this forum Cool

Shakar
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not dead, since I know more content is being made slowly, if not very fast and they aren't letting us know, and also since this mod is pretty fun to play with. If anything, I'd like to help learn how to not only make maps that are good for Generals, but maps for this mod in particular as well.

DaFool
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, progress is kinda moving along very slowly now, but help would be appreciated. We don't really need INI help unless you are able to do advanced things like iron curtains and other stuff you wouldn't normally come across. As for string manager, I would rather keep that centralized. I would love map makers for this mod, both skirimish/multiplayer maps and single player maps (like generals challenge maps). This thread is kinda old, and I've made alot of advancements since then,.

GotterakaThing
Medic

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hope you complete the mod

Last edited by GotterakaThing on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

GeneralCamo
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, I could make maps and do some 2D terrain editing, if you tell me how to edit the INI file to make it work. As for the maps, if you look closely, some maps just need to be edited to make them RA2 style, such as defcon 6 and the official tournament maps A and B

GotterakaThing
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Makin terrain.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated info about positions. It was a little outdated Wink

Shiksa
Civilian

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

if ya want i cud do sum 3d models. altho i haz a felling mod is finished up

The-Light
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shiksa wrote:
if ya want i cud do sum 3d models. altho i haz a felling mod is finished up

finished up is a big word, i'd rather say the main part is done but it needs some finishing.

Now IC is currently on halt because of a lack of time from it's team, however i expect that the summer will change that(I still want to finish the vacuum bomb and terror drone logic Very Happy ). for the others i really can't say, but i can see if i can find the IC to do list, it should list some models which are yet to be made.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, as DaFool has handed over the mod to me, and I'm working on my own mod now (and very likely in the upcoming holidays as well), I doubt there will be much work done upcoming holidays Confused

Shiksa
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh ryt. waz wundering were 2 get latest version tho

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should be able to get it from the IC FTP: ic.ppmsite.com
More info here

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still need help on IC Dutchy?

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At the moment IC is kinda dead, and I'm working on my own mod now and then. I guess I'll lock this and re-open it when necessary (won't be anytime soon though).

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon