Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Civilian pack v2.0 [TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [66 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject:  Civilian pack v2.0 [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's an updated version of my civilian infantry pack. All the civilians from the last pack are included here + new ones. Like last time, here are the animated sequences of the civilians (zoomed in at 2x to make details more noticeable) and a small description of them. Note that the colors are slightly off in the images as the GIF does not use the same palette as the actual shps.

Civilians

Tyler, a guy with a too long beard. He looks down on anyone who doesn't listen to heavy metal.

Old man Benny. Nobody messes with Benny because Benny is big.

This is Mike, a tough guy. Mike likes to punch things until they stop moving.

Dennis, a slacker and a very negative person. He just doesn't give a damn, whether it's about current fashion or the 2nd tiberium war.

Liz, a stunningly beautiful girl. She was crowned Miss Tiberium 2030.

Abigail, an accomplished business woman. She thinks the world would be a better place without men.

Joe, a bald man obsessed with guns. His dream is to pilot a mammoth mk.II someday.

Martin, a retired war veteran from the first tiberium war.

Katey, a spicy redhead. She believes GDI could do more to help the Forgotten.

Coach, a zombie apocalypse survivor.

Paco, whose hometown was overrun by tiberium. He is one of the few who managed to survive and escape the tiberium infestation.

Keith. Keith likes wearing red shirts. Infact all the shirts he owns are red.

Bernard. Life hasn't treated Bernard well. He's had to live on the streets for years. He's considering joining Nod in hopes to find a better life.

Bugman. He likes to keep cockroaches as pets.

Biker Gang

Slasher. Despite the menacing nickname Slasher is a big pussy and a pushover.

Turd Muncher. He got the short straw when the gang was handing out code names.

Lizzie the Lizard. Lizzie has yet to meet an argument that her shotgun couldn't solve.

Police / Security Forces

Tim, a police / security officer.

Jackson, Tim's partner and best friend.

Heidi, Tim and Jackson's commanding officer. She takes great pride in her ability to take cover when under fire, something her male colleagues never learned to do. They prefer to run around flapping their arms in the air like a bird.

Scientists

Dr. Petrov, a qualified scientist specializing in human spontaneous combustion.

Some random guy wearing a science lab coat. The real owner of the coat, Dr. Bernie, is being held captive in his basement.

Dr. Moebius, the 2nd. When it comes to hairstyle, the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Dr. Peters. He believes the hazardous effects of Tiberium are made up by nature activist groups.

Dr. Faraday. There is an ongoing investigation concerning her latest test, in which over 100 people suffering from tiberium poisoning went missing.

Mary Jo, a student in the GDI Tiberium Research Academy. She finds partying alot more interesting than studying.

civvy_pack_v2.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  civvy_pack_v2.rar
 Filesize:  592.11 KB
 Downloaded:  676 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is amazing SuperJoe, if not just for the descriptions! Definately going to use a few of these!

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm sure to download this once I get home. I'm propably going to copypaste the descriptions to rules.ini too.

Could I request a male police officer that has prone frames like "Heidi"?

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me likey. Very Happy

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Could I request a male police officer that has prone frames like "Heidi"?

Would it be any good if I made them go on their knee when under fire? Something like this

Think it would work better for a police officer than crawling. Firing a pistol from prone position wouldn't exactly be optimal. Instead of crawling they would still run, but when stopped they would go on their knee. This would also save me the trouble of creating crawling animations  Wink  Would just need 1 frame for being on knee, that could be easily adjusted for firing the pistol from the knee.

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds excellent. I wish (not saying you should go through the trouble) the regular infantry (except cyborgs and Nod zealots) would also lay down on their knee on their "up" firing frames.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are the cops with kneeling frames:

And as a little bonus, a police commando. This one isn't zoomed in to give you a better idea how large it is ingame.

It's based on Denmon's work. I've resized it to match TS infantry, added blood to death anims, changed muzzle flashes, and other small changes.

The kneeling police officers require few code changes. In art.ini add the following:

Code:

[CIVCOP1]
Sequence=CopSequence
Crawls=no  ; Leave this No for kneeling to work correctly
Remapable=no
FireUp=2

[CIVCOP2]
Sequence=CopSequence
Crawls=no  ; Leave this No for kneeling to work correctly
Remapable=no
FireUp=2

[CopSequence]
Ready=0,1,1
Guard=0,1,1
Prone=292,1,1  ;86,1,6 ; Kneels instead of going prone
Walk=8,6,6
FireUp=164,6,6
Down=260,2,2
Crawl=8,6,6    ;86,6,6 ; Runs (faster) when under fire, not crawl.
Up=276,2,2
FireProne=212,6,6
Idle1=56,15,0,S
Idle2=71,14,0,E
Die1=134,15,0
Die2=149,15,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
Struggle=0,6,0 ; Be sure to add this to all custom sequences!

In rules.ini make sure they DO NOT have Fraidycat=yes or Civilian=yes.

With this bit of code they will start running faster than normal when they come under fire (and while running faster they get prone bonus to any incoming damage). When they stop running they kneel, and again have the prone bonus.

cops.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cops.rar
 Filesize:  91.47 KB
 Downloaded:  350 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't like RA2-to-TS conversions, and unfortunatelly, the commando doesn't seem like an exception. It looks like a mess of different shades of blue.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think the gif palette hurts it in the preview. Imo it looks detailed in a good way ingame, much like the cyborg commando stands out from the rest of the default TS infantry.

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A quick attempt to give the police commando bit more details, especially on the head:

Another (military) version, without zoom:

Tried to base it on this...

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Much better.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn you're good, SuperJoe.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah you have really good skills Smile, You Remind of Starkku SomeHow.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Got the commandos finished now, download below. Note that the police commando preview is again zoomed in at 2x, to show details better. Military version is unzoomed (is that even a word, lol?)

commandos.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  commandos.rar
 Filesize:  87.34 KB
 Downloaded:  366 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazing quality, SuperJoe. I'm sure I'll enjoy these. Smile

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more version. This could possibly be used as a Tiberian Dawn era GDI soldier, or just some generic soldier. I removed the mask from him, and restored remap so they can belong to a team.

gdiinf.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gdiinf.shp
 Filesize:  115.49 KB
 Downloaded:  344 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Even more better another amazing job super joe

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can't go leaving Nod empty handed...

Based on the Renegade Nod soldier, to complement the GDI Tiberian Dawn era soldier. This has to be the last version that can be squeezed out of this shp.

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome. But we still need an unzoomed picture and an ingame. Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Both Tiberian Dawn soldiers final versions:

I've included another infantry shp in the pack that I had laying around. The arms could still use some work since they are bit messy.

EDIT: The Heavy Gunner requires a unique sequence in art.ini. Unfortunately I don't have it anymore, so you'll have to recreate it.

tibdawn.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  tibdawn.rar
 Filesize:  112.03 KB
 Downloaded:  390 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Navy SEAL
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good job, these are great for TS

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nod one is awesome, just 1 thing, since they're RA2 recolors, the shadows are wrong, if you could replace the RA 2 with TS shadows i gladly would use them

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They looks Really neat ingame Super Joe , Well Done Smile

Last edited by Bu7loos on Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
Nod one is awesome, just 1 thing, since they're RA2 recolors, the shadows are wrong, if you could replace the RA 2 with TS shadows i gladly would use them

That, or replace all TS infantry shadows with likes of these. The TS infantry shadows are facing the wrong direction anyway.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah i know, i don't know what was wrong with the programmers....as far as i reckon the Ts shadows are ALL completely wrong and different, infantry to southeast, buildings to northeast, voxels to right beneath

Hydraw Art on Facebook

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've updated the kneeling cops, noticed that the kneeling frames looked tiny compared to the standing ones. This has been fixed in the download below.

blubb wrote:

Doing decent shadows by hand would be near impossible. I did that with the Duke Nukem shp long time ago and it was a painful and time consuming process, and the result was only passable. And he had alot fewer frames. Wouldn't these shps be usable in RA2 too though? If one made all the infantry in RA2 bit smaller.

cops_update.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  cops_update.rar
 Filesize:  45.26 KB
 Downloaded:  323 Time(s)

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Civilian pack v2.0 [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Martin, a retired war veteran from the first tiberium war.

Oh hey, it's me Cool

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe, haha!

From so many special forces in whole world you found picture from Serbian Special Police forces.
When I saw that logo in his shoulder I was really surprise that something like that came from my country. Anyway, this soldier looks really good as base for some infantry.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I LOVE that Nod soldier! well done!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I vote for spotlight.
Considering the very poor amount of public infantry shps and these high quality modifications of original infantries, i think the package deserves a spotlight.

Anymore spotlight votes?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me! Very Happy

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too !!

MadCat75
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, these are really good.....as LKO said, these are spotlight material

KANE LIVES

NOD-Kane and Brotherhood
Cyborg Firebomber

Location: In a building,creating the fench Brotherhood of NOD and recruiting...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ME...LOVE...THIS => Spotlight + Goldstar + Cookie!

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some extra civvies that I completed:

Kincaid - Kincaid's fashion sense is stuck in the 80s.

Avery - This ex-military guy has a no-nonsense approach to most things in life.

James - James can do a near perfect impression of Kane's voice. He is actively trying to turn this amazing talent into profit.

Big Jenny - All Jenny wants to do is give you a big hug.

Peter - There is absolutely nothing significant about Peter. He is as ordinary as a person can be. You could even go on to say he is boring. Very boring. No imagination. No talents. Did I already mention he's boring?

civs_extra.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  civs_extra.rar
 Filesize:  117.54 KB
 Downloaded:  318 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Medalmonkey
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Big Jenny - All Jenny wants to do is give you a big hug.

Laughing Laughing Oh Jenny someone somewhere will love you!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice, especially the deaths.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Peter - There is absolutely nothing significant about Peter. He is as ordinary as a person can be. You could even go on to say he is boring. Very boring. No imagination. No talents. Did I already mention he's boring?

He's just a Regular Everyday Normal Guy.

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ordinary civilian TS adventures! =o

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Civilian pack v2.0 [TS] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:

Coach, a zombie apocalypse survivor.

Refusing to leave his teammate behind, Nick from L4D2 has joined the civilian pack cast. Download below.

civ23.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  civ23.shp
 Filesize:  113.68 KB
 Downloaded:  264 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like these.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One more L4D character, good old Bill. Someone needs to create some zombies for these guys to kill  Razz

civ24.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  civ24.shp
 Filesize:  113.76 KB
 Downloaded:  283 Time(s)

Last edited by SuperJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A lot of these pics seem to either be gone or replaced by random other pics... might wanna go over the whole thread and fix em.

SuperJoe wrote:
Both Tiberian Dawn soldiers final versions:

That's a Renegade soldier, not a TD one -_-

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about TD infantry with rocket launcher, flamethrowers, grenades, engineer, classic commando, chemsprayer?

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Already done, I have downloaded such a public RA infantry pack for TS.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love it.

iamn00b
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wonder why this isn't spotlighted yet..

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

iamn00b wrote:
i wonder why this isn't spotlighted yet..

take a look again Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Katz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
Already done, I have downloaded such a public RA infantry pack for TS.

Link please

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!