Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
may i ask how can i use shp for air unit??
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
keithktam
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject:  may i ask how can i use shp for air unit?? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, this is the extract from older forum conversation, these gonna be relevant to my question.

First, from Dalamar_TheDark: "In order to preserve the awesomeness of these renders, why not make every unit in the game shp? They allow for more detail."

Answer from Holy_Master:"because shp not support to do unit in 32 view look.it'll looking odd when it fire. and that make new side graphic not match with old side [allied,soviet,yuri]"

more from Clazzy:"They will also not work on slopes. They will remain flat constantly."
"It's unfortunate that aircraft can't use SHPs, since they'd be ideal candidates for using them."

ok, sorry for all those nerdy copy and paste... i am trying to figure just how have you sorted out all these problem when you project turned full shp??? i like the idea, but I heard that you can't you shp for air unit.... is there anything out there I can use to rectify this problem?? and are there any good voxel editor you would recommend me to use??

many thanks in advance!!!

Keith

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's hardcoded into the games engine, that aircraft can't use SHP units. So no, there's nothing you can do about it.

Voxel Section Editor is what you're searching for.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This shouldn't really be here. It has nothing to do with the mod at all. Confused

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but i have no mod powers here, else it would be already in the Ra2 modding Forum Wink

*winks to global mod* Smile

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not possible in normal way to make "real" aircraft work with shp graphic only i can do is accept this limit and find another way however atleast you can make it as hover like Kirov [that's what i do] but it still got another problem that you should give turret=yes for your unit in order to make him cast shadow on ground and attack the enemy without "stuck problem" but that cause your aircraft unit can omni fire target instant of facing to them [and it look really annoy for player].

this topic should move to Ra2 modding forum IMO

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm,even though I'm global mod I don't have powers over mod project subforums. I'll let Banshee know about this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon