Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:26 am
All times are UTC + 0
Barracks
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject:  Barracks
Subject description: Produces Infantry
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Barracks

Structure Stats
Strength: Medium
Power: -20
Requires: Fusion Power Plant

Description:
This is the training and armament facility for GDI infantry. It provides training and weaponry for GDI Soldiers.

Last edited by Morpher on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 7 times in total

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Am I the only one who thinks it looks like the old Dropship Bay?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. But desing is actually based on G. Freeman's sketch for CnC3.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe it was meant to be a dropship bay, but was changed to barracks because it does look like one. Smile

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has never been designed to be a Dropship Bay. It's purpose has always been a barracks, it just has a training courtyard people assume is a landing bay.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No. It was never meant to be a dropship bay.

Dropship bay supposed to have different desing and to be a usefull, SP only, tech building.

Crash
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah, okay. I thought I read that it was somewhere. #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It definitely looks more like some form of supply depot other than a barracks. Its a fantastic building non-the-less.

Destiny
President

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It r not TO-listic...it's borders Epic and Astronomically Epic. #Tongue I just can't seem to point out something with it...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

to make it look more like barracks you should add on the grey centre part some small targets and maybe also some kind of assault course (like in the movie starship troopers a course with some small boxes and slight concrete hills, so you can keep the GDI logo on the ground).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid the trained infantry will show under the courtyard when purchased. Also, I recommend you make the cost a bit higher, 400-500 or so. Making barracks so cheap and still relatively strong is a bad mistake. People can build them like from nothing....

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid the infantry look fine coming out the entrance they are supposed to come out of. Entrance is at the left and not on or in the courtyard.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Morpher wrote:
I'm afraid the infantry look fine coming out the entrance they are supposed to come out of. Entrance is at the left and not on or in the courtyard.

My mistake, I forgot that you can set new entrance coordinates and not just use the existing ones.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no you can't do that. the exitcoord key doesn't work. The game has some fixed points where a unit leaves the barrack according to the foundation size.
e.g. 3x2 : south west edge , 4x3 : north west edge

\EDIT
and the problem of having the units under the building can be avoided by either using NormalZAdjust on the building or moving the part that should be always under the unit to the bib.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
no you can't do that. the exitcoord key doesn't work. The game has some fixed points where a unit leaves the barrack according to the foundation size.
e.g. 3x2 : south west edge , 4x3 : north west edge

Well, these barracks seem to be 3x3 in foundation...

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*sigh*

Last edited by IcySon55 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's russian, Icy. Really, give him a break. Not all of us are fluent in perfect grammatical English.

but THAT conversation is over. Any more and I'll split the topic.

The barracks design will stay, but I may recolour it to match the new darker GDI.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Icy, leave out, Gangster is Russian and a respected member, not some n00b.

Last time i checked out ExitCoord, it is read and used, but i think something then overwrite what that has just told the game to set.

ZoidZilla
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IcySon55 wrote:
Once is already too many times. It's design... there's a big difference between "ing" and "ign".

I'am from germany I often make the same mistake. same with lighting and lightning. You shouldn't be so crude. I would like to see if you can write proper russian or german. Wink

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The building looks great! One of my favourites, second only to the War Factory ATM.

AntiHero wrote:
Not all of us are fluent in perfect grammatical English.

And neither is he.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hyper wrote:
Last time i checked out ExitCoord, it is read and used, but i think something then overwrite what that has just told the game to set.

could be the GDIBarracks and/or NODBarracks key (though they don't seem to be different and change anything if swapped)
iirc does the WeaponsFactory=yes key on a barrack also enables the centre spawn point and the door anim for barracks
so maybe those keys define the exit point.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, ill have to take another look next time i get spare time.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[offtopic]
The only practice of English i have is PPM community boards and some times MSN coversation. All other time, i read, write, speech and think on Russian. I am sorry.
[/offtopic]

Quote:
you should add on the grey centre part some small targets and maybe also some kind of assault course

good idea by the way, but was hard to realize

IcySon55
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Everyone takes my posts the wrong way... What do you think they're for? Sure I don't make 'em sound nice, but their goal, ultimately, is to help.

I know Gangster and his position in this community, did you guys really think I'd seriously bash him? Way to go PPM, proving itself on a daily basis.

GameMaster0000
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After I check for exit from barrack logic is this.

If barracks size 3xN(N = any size)

Not set any GDIBarracks=yes or NodBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from top cell
Set GDIBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from middle cell
Set NodBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from bottom cell

For size 2xN

Not set any GDIBarracks=yes or NodBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from top cell
Set GDIBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from bottom cell
Set NodBarracks=yes --> Infantry will out from bottom cell

I'm not test for building that has bigger size(like 4xN,5xN,6xN). But ,IMO I think barrack shouldn't has big size.

Tiberian Sun : True Power - Reality Power Of 5 Factions...

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for the info man. That really helps quite a bit!

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you mirrored the GDI Barracks, you could give it the 4x4Refinary foundation and have the actual infantry appear in the yard (would just have to make it a bib) would look cool Smile

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think you mean 3x3 not 4x4. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon