Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Name that tank...
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject:  Name that tank... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Every D-day forum has had one of these threads as some point or another, I thought it was about time for PPMs turn #Tongue So usual rules apply, post pic of tank/plane/ship (within D-days time scope) & whoever guesses it right first gets to post the next one etc, etc.

I'll start things off with this...

Last edited by Mig Eater on Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which unit? I see 11 E1 and one MTNK.

I say the conscript is the unit you're searching for. Very Happy

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm not sure if that deserves a ROFL or a face-palm...

I guess unit is a bit of an ambiguous title, but it was that or "tank/plane/ship" which felt a bit superfluous.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig are you quite the expert on WW2 weaponry and war machinery?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, but my book collection is...

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok fair enough pal!

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Early T family or the Iosif Stalin tank (IS-2). Great answer LKO made me smile.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not an early "T" or IS-2

Changed the title BTW, LKO's post was haunting me >.<

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the IS-4.

Reason I know, Lengthened Hull + Extra set of wheels.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep... your turn then #Tongue

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... I pass, I don't have a collection of any photography from ww2. #Tongue

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its open for anyone else to take then.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I will then.

This is one of my favourites (Manhattan in the background, far below):

1832882.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.04 KB
 Viewed:  23807 Time(s)

1832882.jpg

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

USS Macon (ZRS-5)

Again, I pass my posting turn. <

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed it is. And it alone (Plus its sister Akron) makes me wish balloons could be aircraft carriers in YR.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Same here, if I could've I would have added it to D-day ages ago.

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When the USS Macon was christened on March 11, 1933, she was the most sophisticated of the Navy’s lighter-than-air (LTA) fleet. The Macon exhibited the highest expression of naval LTA technology during her short career. At 785 feet in length, the airship’s size captured American fascination during flyovers of U.S. communities as chronicled in numerous advertisements, articles, and newsreels. The dramatic loss of the Macon and her sister ship, the Akron, within two years of each other contributed to the cancellation of the Navy’s rigid airship program. The archeological remains of the USS Macon lie off California’s Big Sur coast in NOAA’s Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary. The site also contains the remains of four of the airship’s squadron of small Curtiss F9C Sparrowhawk scout aircraft which the Macon carried in an internal hangar bay.

Mind you, I live really close to there. Read about it in my middle school history class, several years ago. :]

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:p

tank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  24.21 KB
 Viewed:  23737 Time(s)

tank.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a Hungarian assault gun. The Zrinyi II, with a 105mm howitzer. At first I thought it was Italian SPG, but the 5 return rollers made me look elsewhere.

This design is post-WW2 but within D-Day's time frame.

tank.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  83.4 KB
 Viewed:  23727 Time(s)

tank.png

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zrinyi II ?

EVA was faster. xD

Damn you. #Tongue

Last edited by Frontlines on Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Never heard of the Zrinyi II? I have the urge to make one now, must fight! need to finish todo list...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubbed post but meh, EVA's one is a T95... the E7 version I think?

EVA-251
General

Also Known As: evanb90

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

T95, close enough.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One of my fav WTF planes...

plane01.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.42 KB
 Viewed:  23633 Time(s)

plane01.jpg

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wasn't the Payen 22 French or something?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah your good, its the Payen 22. After the Germans invaded France they captured lots of prototype aircraft & then took them back to Germany for testing, that's why it has Luftwaffe markings.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I went and read up about it in detail again, apparently it was mostly destroyed (so I guess that it never went past prototype stage). Does that preclude it from appearing in D-Day?

Here's something awful, and probably easy to guess:

S1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  45.81 KB
 Viewed:  23584 Time(s)

S1.jpg

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only thing that precludes most units from being in D-day is not not having enough time to make them!

Wasn't long ago that we talked about that tank #Tongue I'll See if anyone else knows it...

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yar, but patriotism really forces me to post it rather than the Semple tank since the Semple already made its way into D-Day. #Tongue

Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Schofield tank

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Found a colour video of the Bob!

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rofl, Kiwi documentary voiceover. Can't take it seriously.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back on topic :p

tank.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  13.33 KB
 Viewed:  23442 Time(s)

tank.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Frontlines
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

neubaufahrzeug norwegen

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [34 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon