Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:37 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Research Center
Moderators: [TiberianFuture], [TiberianPast]
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject:  Research Center Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Reserch Center is a place where advanced technologies, like particle beams, are unlocked. When
a Research Center is constructed, you gain access to all but the most powerful, unique units. Those
will require the presence of an CABAL Datacore to operate safely.

Credit goes to [TiberianPast]!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I know naming discussions are horrible, but imo is research a bit strange for an artificial intelligence, since it's progress is mostly limited in computational power and information. Thus something more fitting would be "assimilation node" or "quantum matrix" or something else which sounds like some "flux capacitor" device thingy for some hyper advanced calculations and information collection/analysis.

The building itself looks nice, though imo could the main building texture get some more details like some small reflections for a more metallic look, some kind of noise map for dirt, rust, etc. A tad higher contrast might help too, so the shaded and lighted parts don't have such a similar brightness and you get a better feeling for depth and size due to self-shadowing.
For a tech centre it also looks a bit too ordinary imo. I would expect something more shiny and flashy.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree with LKO. Somehow it looks more like a barrack rather than research center to me.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[TiberianFuture]
Scrin Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CABAL is more than a mere AI, you should know that LKO. #Tongue

But good points you have there. I kinda agree with both of them... though any changes can't take very high priority right now, as there are placeholders to be killed.

Ladder wars vs. bikeRushOwnz.

daTS
Mr. Moosey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is too sexy for my pants. <3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What LKO said, the building looks so lifeless artificial being such consistent shades and no glow of the metal to be seen like reflections, add all those and you got much nicer final result.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like this building. As the others have said it needs a little more shine. Other than that it looks grand! GREAT work!

3ds Topic
Clicky

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon