Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dante's Desert
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:  Dante's Desert Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Posted already in the staff forum, but some more opinions never hurt. Smile

Done during the last year at work, when i had short breaks of 5-10 minutes.
Name: Dante's Desert (Naval map)
  • Player: 8
  • Size: 200x200
  • 4 full working train transports (wagons transport as well)
    each train consists of 1 locomotive and 3 wagons.
  • 8 hovercraft transports
  • 4 areas with meteor storms
  • day-night lighting loop
  • a few hidden features/triggers

Dante's Desert Megamap Preview Warning, PNG is 21.5 MB.

Dante_Megamap_sml.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  437.78 KB
 Viewed:  6350 Time(s)

Dante_Megamap_sml.jpg

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like a really nice map

Sadly i dont tend to play naval maps due to the AI issues, but still, i can imagine this being great fun on an all player game

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's pretty.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I only wish there was a bit more variation, especially between the corner islands. Such big map should allow a lot of assymetry without sacrificing balance much.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you go more in detail or give an example?
I think it is already quite asymmetric, as only the big/general layout is the same, but any smaller detail like the cliff shape, debris, roads, tracks, coastline etc is different (anything smaller than a screen).

Public SHPs

Tools

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You should put sand under the railways, same as the roads are, not that grey stuff.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you go to tiny details, yes. What I mean is the big-scale layout, like every island having a bay, an elevated Tiberium field, train tracks, etc. Same goes for the main islands.

When I mean asymmetric I mean something more akin to Tideland.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And also those blue minerals, are too dark, they look out of place.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vefbl4 wrote:
You should put sand under the railways, same as the roads are, not that grey stuff.

There is nothing under the railways. Only the clear ground.
The grey background comes from the overlay itself. Wink

Crimsonum wrote:
What I mean is the big-scale layout, like every island having a bay, an elevated Tiberium field, train tracks, etc. Same goes for the main islands.

Well it was planned from the beginning to be symmetric so there is no place better than the other. If you like asymmetric maps, then Tiber is the one you're looking for. Wink

Vefbl4 wrote:
And also those blue minerals, are too dark, they look out of place.

If you mean the "black" RA2 ore, which is used as scrap debris in enhanced mode, then this was just added for some more variety as all maps have already tiberium. The debris like the tiberium are also not remappable anymore in DTA, so they follow the lighting and don't glow on dark maps anymore. Thus it would be necessary to modify the shp, to make them less dark. (I think this should be changed into more metal/debris looking stuff anyway)

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since you decided to make a topic here I figure I might as well show the minimap and megamap I made 2 days ago. The filesize of the megamap is 4.5 MB (click the minimap to see the megamap).

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a pretty cool map you got there. Smile

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your choice.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Love this map, absolutely up my street.

Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit late, but oh man, I can't wait for this one.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any news on when it will be ready???

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's ready, but it will be released on the next update. For when that'll be released, I can't really say anything.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As you might have noticed, there is not yet a comp stomp version of this map.
Bittah wasn't sure how to set the layout and we had a discussion yesterday how this could be done.
Basically we came up with 2 different layouts. (see attached picture)

Which one would you like to see, or do you have a better (more interesting) idea? (e.g. completely moving starting locations to different places)

CSlayout.png
 Description:
red is one team (e.g. human)
blue is the other team (e.g. computer)
 Filesize:  5.75 KB
 Viewed:  5834 Time(s)

CSlayout.png

Public SHPs

Tools

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say left one. All players are equal in this setting.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the left one more, it's special. All of our CS maps currently have a structure similar to the right one.

About players being equal; players being unequal isn't necessarily a problem with Comp Stomp as it just means that the players in the stronger/more peaceful locations will have to help the players in worse locations. So it often actually drives the players to doing teamwork.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seems I misunderstood your idea when you explained it yesterday, but this way it just might work out Smile

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Scorched Earth
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Big problem with this map.

You can capture the civil tech centers (or whatever they're called #Tongue ) and they allow you to build hover transports and those bomb trucks. However, the trucks spawn at the naval yards and so get stuck in the water, and you can't select the hover craft.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll add Owner=GDI1 to DTRK in Enhanced.ini for the next version of DTA to fix this.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I'll add Owner=GDI1 to DTRK in Enhanced.ini for the next version of DTA to fix this.
Won't fix the unselectable hovercraft.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a fix for the map itself because they're normally not supposed to be selectable. I'll do that too, of course.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks for fixing those 2 issues and sorry for not having seen them in the first place.

\EDIT
This map also needs FreeRadar=no.
There are also some other maps which still have this set, but don't ask me which one. One or two even have the reveal all map trigger still enabled, so it might be good to check all maps again.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon