Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject:  Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries
Subject description: A nice, unusual RTS game released under GPL
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries is a rather unusual strategy game by Trevor Chan, which successfully combines intense real-time action with sophisticated economy, politics and espionage characteristic of turn-based 4X strategy games. You can not only fight your enemies, but also trade with other nations, infiltrate spies, sabotage, expand your borders by founding new cities, hire mercenaries, conduct research, and even fight mythical monsters and gain support of supernatural powers.

Originally released in 1997 (under the title Seven Kingdoms), the game's source code and all data except music had been released under the GPL license, effectively making the game freeware. The community immediately started working on an updated version, and the current build, 2.14.3, is available from Windows and Linux.
Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries Project Homepage
Seven Kingdoms Wiki
Seven Kingdoms copyright information
Download Seven Kingdoms 2.13.0 and subsequent patches at SourceForge
Seven Kingdoms Encyclopedia
Seven Kingdoms FAQ
Seven Kingdoms Wikipedia article
Download Seven Kingdoms Demo at FilePlanet
Download Seven Kingdoms: Ancient Adversaries Demo at FilePlanet

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I own the second game of the series... to say that the series is unorthodox, is to say little. However, can the series be considered good - that is indeed, arguable. Still, nice to see that the first game is free.

MrFlibble
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've just noticed the (more-or-less recent) news at the 7kfans website that the team has been able to negotiate the issue around the soundtrack for the game which, until recently, was not available for free distribution:
Quote:
7KAA Music Now Available

December 4th, 2011 the3dfxdude Posted in Seven Kingdoms | 1 Comment »

Thanks to Bjorn Lynne’s generous offer, we worked out the details, and now have the music freely available for use with the game again. I hope all of you can support him in his latest work where possible.

And those who have asked in the past, and got turned down, thank you for your patience. We really wanted to work this out properly, that is why we always had tough responses.

Please note that the music is NOT GPL or public domain. The music may not be modified or re-recorded. It can only be used as intended with the game.

Here you may download the music, that can then be applied to your GPL version of the game. In the future, we will offer complete downloadable packages. Note that some linux distributions might choose not to include the music, so you may still get the music here if that is the case.

Download 7KAA Music (.zip) (.bz2)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum