Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:35 pm
All times are UTC + 0
City in Conflict [8]
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject:  City in Conflict [8] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, somehow this is familiar to me. If i only knew from where. Very Happy

Great map. Maybe i overlooked them, but the hostile neutral units (grenadiers, flamethrowers, turrets etc) are missing.
However it's fantastic to see this one next to the DTA version. They both look great similar, yet different.

The island with the dinosaurs, er mutants in the southwest is missing. #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
hmm, somehow this is familiar to me. If i only knew from where. Very Happy

At least someone spotted it =P The DTA version isn't the original though (although I think it's much better than the original); the original version was made for TS/FS and was spotlighted at Tibweb 4 years ago. This TI version is a modified version of that one.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Great map. Maybe i overlooked them, but the hostile neutral units (grenadiers, flamethrowers, turrets etc) are missing.

Based on feedback I've got from the base TS version and the DTA version, a lot of people found the neutral units annoying, so I cut a lot of them for this version. I did leave some of them, although you aren't really forced to meet a lot of them anymore.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
The island with the dinosaurs, er mutants in the southwest is missing. #Tongue

Ah damn, I forgot to add it Razz

EDIT: Seems that I also forgot that TI had special tiles to fix the cliff shadows. Oops.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I always find hostile neutral units quite useful as you can train your units with them.

Some triggered civil attacks might be interesting too.
e.g. attack a civil building and from another building some units are spawned to defend the buildings.

btw, the train is missing too. #Tongue

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC DTA's version initially didn't have a train (or maybe it was broken?); only the tracks were there, so I ended up adding the trains (+teams/trigger/scripts) myself because Rampastring finds messing with trains "boring" to do #Tongue

From what I can tell this map has no space for tracks anyhow since the water is in the way.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Some triggered civil attacks might be interesting too. e.g. attack a civil building and from another building some units are spawned to defend the buildings.

There are some surprises there Wink Not that many, but there are.

And yeah, the DTA version originally had just tracks, Bittah added the trains since I indeed find messing with trains boring #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting and a well done map. I have to be boring and complain about some things, however #Tongue Not all of them are glitches or bugs, some of them are my opinions:
- Cliff visual errors, top of the green player
- Lack of buildspace (namely green player)
- Errors with the algae, bottom-right
- Dirt road errors, near brown player
- Bad/square lighting (water cliffs near brown, cyan and red players)

I still love the amount of detail that you put to the civilian settlements. I'm not sure why you used the alphalight posts, as we have a large variety of light posts to choose from? They don't necessary look bad, just reminds me of TS' limited variety of civilian buildings #Tongue

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

It's the Height=14 issue. I don't think it's fixable there except if I remove the cliff.

Crimsonum wrote:
- Lack of buildspace (namely green player)

Yeah, maybe it should have a bit more of it.

Crimsonum wrote:
- Errors with the algae, bottom-right

Ah, another thing to fix when I update the map.

Crimsonum wrote:
- Dirt road errors, near brown player

Same as above, I never noticed those during testing (I wonder if TI has modified them somehow, they never got pointed out in the original TS version and I don't remember modifying those parts of the road in this one).
Crimsonum wrote:
- Bad/square lighting (water cliffs near brown, cyan and red players)

Yeah, the Level setting is a bit aggressive, although I like how it makes lower terrain levels darker.

Crimsonum wrote:
I'm not sure why you used the alphalight posts, as we have a large variety of light posts to choose from?

As you said, those don't look bad. I think they're perfect for smaller settlements and villages where city-like light posts wouldn't fit that well. Other than that, this is the first time I'm doing a city in TI; at first I simply didn't remember that TI had special light posts #Tongue

Thanks for the feedback.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

It's the Height=14 issue. I don't think it's fixable there except if I remove the cliff.

Your map looks like it uses only 12 height levels. You should be able to remove the bottom two, thus fixing the issue.

Hogo
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really like this map, Could prove for some interesting gameplay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [10 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon