Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Stories From the Second Great War
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
m7
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject:  Stories From the Second Great War Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought I'd make a thread to share gameplay experiences, and to help out Mig with seeing bugs/hearing about challenges.

I started on Autobahn (Cool, me and another Soviet medium AI in the top left corner, and two Germany medium AIs in the bottom right. Unforutnately, what I thought to be a fun 30 minute game sprawled into all-out war.

The Germany AI is bugged in the current version and built multiple MCVs. This meant that both the AIs had massive bases, stretched very far. This wouldn't be as much of an issue if it weren't for the fact that most of the buildings were defenses. Lots of Katyusha launchers, T34s and KV-85s were constructed and lost in the war. For each anti-tank turret I knocked out, it seemed like 3 or 4 would pop back up. After losing my initial push into the base due to turret rushes, I fall back and gather strength and bombers. Then, through multiple angles and heavy bombing, I make a massive breakthrough through the defenses. Sneaking in forces in the back of the base to start dealing damage to the excess ConYards helped relieve some of the AI growth, and before long I was beating back the Nazis with ferocity. The game lasted about 2 hours long, but it was well-worth it.

I noticed some shroud issues on German buildings, as well as some lag from the sheer amount of smoke generated by particles. It's also fair to note I had some issues getting my Katyushas to keep firing or target anything, so I'd have to move them out of range and then into range again. Other than that, I had a blast.

screen001.png
 Description:
The initial (failed) push deep within German territory. Katyushas pound Anti-Tank emplacements while my T34s push back any armor threats and Pillboxes for PTRS troops to move in.
 Filesize:  851.44 KB
 Viewed:  13420 Time(s)

screen001.png

screen002.png
 Description:
KV-85's moving in to support T34s in the rear of the base.
 Filesize:  797.95 KB

screen002.png

screen003.png
 Description:
Burning the Fatherland, the aggressive picking eventually leads to a bust through heavy German defenses.
 Filesize:  861.06 KB

screen003.png

screen004.png
 Description:
The last building to fall in the Reistag, the Soviets emerge victorious after a bloody war.
 Filesize:  873.23 KB

screen004.png

screen005.png
 Description:
The aftermath, and statistics of the war.
 Filesize:  336.22 KB
 Viewed:  13421 Time(s)

screen005.png

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thx for the battlefield report #Tongue

I've found & fixed the German MCV bug, I wonder if the AI having extra MCVs would make an interesting game mode, or make the hard AI really evil tho!?

Katyushas are really bad lag generators, I'll probably remove their smoke particles as it can get a bit too much. The trailer anims will be made shorter to help with lag too.

Katyushas use Burst= which has targeting & reloading issues, not much I can do about it tho other then removing it & make them fire one rocket at a time... which would be no fun!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using Ammo system with a reload bonus if it has more munition?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, long ROF but short reload, if it kills or changes the target tho ROF get ignored & fires after each reload. I'm wondering if FireOnce might help...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love this mod and i have still yet to play it!

Rygar
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

I've found & fixed the German MCV bug, I wonder if the AI having extra MCVs would make an interesting game mode, or make the hard AI really evil tho!?

Why not? Harder and eviler AI = more challenge.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rygar wrote:
Mig Eater wrote:

Why not? Harder and eviler AI = more challenge.

Yeah but in negative side we end up with more lag so should be alternative mode.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod is already the most laggiest mod with the everytankspawns10gasparticles stuff...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not exactly an in-game screenie, just showing off FA2 which was setup for D-Day. Huge thanks to Starkku for telling me how.

Also made a couple of neat icons for the start menu #Tongue

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Miggy should make a nice set of lovely new cliffs for TI... Razz

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aro wrote:
I think Miggy should make a nice set of lovely new cliffs for TI... Razz

Oh, yes, definitely Very Happy

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I plan on making three new cliff sets for D-day in the coming months, shouldn't be to hard to add a fourth for TI...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My gf + D-day =

tas_attack.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.56 MB
 Viewed:  13105 Time(s)

tas_attack.png

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Your... girlfriend.... plays..... D-Day!

Mine plays Neopets, the skank. ¬_¬

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good god Shocked

Your gf seems to know the basics of tank rushing #Tongue

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A billion tanks? Yep your GF was born to play command and conquer lol

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Needs more dakka.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I met her via D-day, she is like my No.1 fan #Tongue

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You legend xD

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
I met her via D-day, she is like my No.1 fan #Tongue

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lee wrote:
Not exactly an in-game screenie, just showing off FA2 which was setup for D-Day. Huge thanks to Starkku for telling me how.

Also made a couple of neat icons for the start menu #Tongue

How did you do this?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to replace the isoubn pal file in the ra2md.mix with the D-day one, which is not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

Karpet
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

Katyushas are really bad lag generators, I'll probably remove their smoke particles as it can get a bit too much. The trailer anims will be made shorter to help with lag too.

Katyushas use Burst= which has targeting & reloading issues, not much I can do about it tho other then removing it & make them fire one rocket at a time... which would be no fun!

Hmm.. Some artilleries like the Katyusha have the problem where, if you tell them to move, they do it but stay locked on to their target. What I mean is, they have the red line at the target when they move and can fire while moving, which, if you are using a heavy artillery, gets kinda annoying (especially when it reloads for, like, 5 minutes.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon