Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:32 am
All times are UTC + 0
CG cutscenes for Twisted Insurrection
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject:  CG cutscenes for Twisted Insurrection Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First off, I was wondering if TI had any plans to implement CG victory/failure cutscenes like TS and the older C&C games had (ie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxWRc2fV2cE&feature=related or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXHD2__eGrw). I always liked these little videos because they added a little more depth to the game, showing the battles from a ground level view, and as TI is very much campaign oriented it'd be a shame if it didn't have this classic C&C element.

But anyways, to get to the point, I recall Aro mentioning that the TI team still needed animators for doing prerendered cutscenes, and while I'm pretty amateur at doing CG work, I can probably help with that a little bit.

Here's a video I made relatively quickly that I think could stand as a Nod victory cutscene, or something to that effect:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Is_1IUNts&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Obviously not nearly as complex or advanced as the CG cutscenes from TS, but hopefully something you guys will appreciate.

ErastusMercy
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow now that’s sweet, those little CGI's were something I missed in the later games.

Hey Aro we should definitely have these.

Btw Henskelion were you planning on doing this before our little chat about the Scrin on Deviant Art?

"And Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and dwelt in the Land of Nod, east of Eden."

Aro wrote:
You sir. Are awesome.

Last edited by ErastusMercy on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice!
Yeah, we were planning on having them implemented a long time ago, and even to this day they are on our to-do-list, but none of our staff members (other than LKO whom already has a huge to-do-pile) have the programs or abilities to create anything along those lines. Yours is excellent, especially considering you said you put it together really quickly.

Do you have MSN Messenger or something similar so I can discuss this and a staff position with you?

Henskelion
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Btw Henskelion were you planning on doing this before our little chat about the Scrin on Deviant Art?

I might have been. The conversation made me want to reinstall TI on my new comp, and since I had gotten back into 3d modeling in Max recently, I just decided to make the video since I recalled you guys didn't have anyone who could do CG.

Quote:
Do you have MSN Messenger or something similar so I can discuss this and a staff position with you?

Yeah. I'll PM you my MSN and Skype.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I especially like the way you flash-zoomed at the Nod symbol at the end. The worm's-eye view works perfectly to create intimidation/feeling of superiority.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum