Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:02 am
All times are UTC + 0
Rewire is now at Moddb.
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject:  Rewire is now at Moddb. Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by Gangster on Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Track. Ing.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tracking.

Lee
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fapping.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

clapping

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Tore
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Engineering

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Drooling.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Title should read "Rewire is now at ModDB" Smile

Lovely, watching.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oops. fixed. thanks. ^^

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

spanking

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Observing.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Liking.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about changing the mod's name to TS Rewired? The current conjugation of "rewiring" doesn't seem right for the title and "C&C Rewired" wouldn't really tell anyone it has anything to do with TS (people would probably rather expect a TD related mod).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
How about changing the mod's name to TS Rewired? The current conjugation of "rewiring" doesn't seem right for the title and "C&C Rewired" wouldn't really tell anyone it has anything to do with TS (people would probably rather expect a TD related mod).

I think you should change the name of your mod from 'The Dawn of the Tiberian Age'

To just 'Dawn of the Tiberian Age'

To many The's

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TBH the main reason I won't do that is because it wouldn't look balanced in the banner that way Razz

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thumbs up! Smile

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
TBH the main reason I won't do that is because it wouldn't look balanced in the banner that way Razz
You could make "Dawn" bigger/longer.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought of that, but that'd still look unbalanced since "Dawn" isn't more important than "Tiberium Age". Also, we're going off-topic here...

The reason I suggested a name change for Rewire is because it doesn't seem like proper English and "Rewired" would sound better.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rewire is a command, as in "Gangster, you must rewire TS!"
Since it hasn't happened yet, it can't be Rewired, since that'd be the past tense, as in "Thank God that Gangster has rewired TS!"

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The fact it's on YR makes it difficult to call the mod TS Rewire too... Although something like Tiberian Rewire could work.

Don't really know why this is being discussed though, I'm sure Gangster couldn't care less or is happy with the mod name.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Title is not mine, it's a fact. Actually it is I who joined CCHyper's and DonutArnold's ReWire, and eventualy took a lead, so I never bothered about name mod have. Smile

Well, maybe title it is worth changing.. I have to talk with mod founders first. It will be kinda... polite.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster, i have no problem what so ever with you changing the name, would be nice to keep the ReWire somewhere in the title. But i'm cool with it.

Just let me know and i will change the logo Wink

daviperdragon
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tracking, and drooling.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

back in business.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aww yea. I was looking for the latest version on sourceforge, seems it hasn't been updated there in a while.

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
back in business.

This mods looks so good, what's the latest on it? How far along is it?

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, folks. This September I am relatively free.
I am going to add some more terrain and work more on buildings, bring both sides to fully completeness. Also add some of civilian structures. For now I have all buildings of wild settlement so I am about to start urban stuff.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/command-and-conquer-rewire/images/random-images1#imagebox

If you have played RW, please report about any bugs you have encounter so far. Or share ideas how to improve current units\buildings.

If you are mapper, and you have a good MP map for RW, and if you want your map to become official please PM me. If there are some missing terrain which blocking completeness of half-made map, please report here as well. I'll set a higher priority for these elements.

And of course RW still need a decent AI. Post your ini edits right here.

Thank you for your participation! Together we can push it to stable Beta.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good to see you and this mod back alive Gangster Smile

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

O man, I love those buildings so much. Mind you, the light posts should be seperate buildings. They can still be placed on the same cell as the other civilian buildings. It just gives more freedom to mappers.

EDIT: Oh wait, it seems like they already are seperate. I couldn't tell.

EDIT2: Is there a modified FinalAlert for Rewire? I'd like to try some mappin'

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
O man, I love those buildings so much. Mind you, the light posts should be seperate buildings. They can still be placed on the same cell as the other civilian buildings. It just gives more freedom to mappers.

EDIT: Oh wait, it seems like they already are seperate. I couldn't tell.

I'd love to make street lights this way. Thing I dont like is: one silly light post is occupying a whole cell so even infantry can't move through it.
I am willing to try 0x0 foundation (not sure if there could be any issues). Otherwise i ll have to make them as terrain objects (less desired way, be cause i am realy REALY don't want edit terrain pallete once again)

EDIT: Try my FA setup. Its on sourceforge. Best i have come with without hacking exe.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0x0 should work fine, but it still might IE if placed over another structure.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
but it still might IE if placed over another structure.

Really? This would limit urban mapping possibilities.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is the way I see it. But there might be some several error with overlapping with large units.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not sure if they changed this in RA2, but in TS are 0x0 buildings immune.

You can use Bib=yes to make the lightposts cell passable again.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
not sure if they changed this in RA2, but in TS are 0x0 buildings immune.

Yeah they're immune to any conventional damage in RA2/YR too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not sure how Bib= will help. Should it be empty 1x1 with active animation that looks like lightpost? Aren't bibs always been drawn under units?

Immunity is a flaw, but. Unless you are going to raze a whole city this wouldn't be much problem.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rules.ini key Bib=yes makes the southeast row of cells passable, regardless of the foundation size. e.g. In case of a 1x3 building it will make the whole building passable, for a 3x2 building it would only make the 2 southeast cells passable.
In your case of a 1x1 building, the whole thing is passable then. (check out refineries and warfactories, as these use this key)

Don't mix that up with the art.ini BibShape key which does what you said and draws a specific image on ground render layer.

So just create the usual 1x1 lightpost building and give it in rules.ini Bib=yes to make it passable. That's it. Smile

As an alternative you could also use the gate logic (with a 1frame long gate open/close dummy anim).
This might be also quite interesting for traffic lights if they turn green when the gate lowers.
If these are placed on the map as Special house, they will automatically open for every player.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

m7 wrote:
http://forums.revora.net/topic/79279-branchresearchperk-tutorial/

AG seems to suggest that 0x0 buildings can be damaged via splash, but not targeted directly. This could be wrong, however.

It's wrong. Only way to get rid of those things is to use the map action that destroys stuff directly or a weapon with Temporal=yes WH. Latter only works if you can target it. Can't remember the exact criteria for target cursor to appear on 0x0, but I think visible art might've been one of them.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I've had 0x0s explode on me from damage before, it was probably CellSpread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [40 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon