Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
APU [RA2/TS]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject:  APU [RA2/TS]
Subject description: Since its ppm's Birthday
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since its ppm's birthday so here is my Present to ppm!
it needs a cameo and ingame screenshot. Can somebody be kind enough to do that?
it has two versions, RA2 size with transparent shadows (they can be easily converted to vanilla RA2 shadows in Shp Builder) and TS size with TS like shadows.
ENJOY!

\EDIT
LKO: 3d model released here.

apu_cameo.png
 Description:
i lack cameo making skills
 Filesize:  32.63 KB
 Viewed:  31787 Time(s)

apu_cameo.png

apu.rar
 Description:
includes the sequence

Download
 Filename:  apu.rar
 Filesize:  241 KB
 Downloaded:  1431 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really great work
I allow myself to spotlight this in a flash. Very Happy

However there are still a few minor things which can be improved
-the muzzle flash should use the last 16 colors of the palette which are always rendered in normal brightness and makes them glow nicely on darker maps
-the deathanims could be for all 8 facings, so the unit doesn't jumps to it's death facing, but dies according to the current standing position. (e.g. when facing north it wouldn't jump to southwest to then play the deathanim)
-a little bit more remap would be nice (especially on the back)

Another nice enhancement would be a crawl anim, though in this case you give it a limping anim and then use Cyborg=yes in rules.ini. This way the unit even has a damaged-walkanim.
You could also give it a simple slow-walk anim while the main anim keeps looking like a running unit.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
the muzzle flash should use the last 16 colors of the palette

These are pink in RA2 unitem.pal, if I recall correctly.

Graphically this is very impressive, but being so nitpicky I have to complain about the fully-exposed driver. You could just kill him with a pistol #Tongue

Nuke Atty
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Amazingly Nice!

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is amazingly sexy. I feel the need to think up a new unit for my mod just to put this SHP into it Smile

Here's a quick GDI edit I made out of this.

gdiguy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  12.1 KB
 Viewed:  31715 Time(s)

gdiguy.png

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was gonna say that it was already in GDI Colors... until I noticed you edited the pilot. Laughing

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would it be too much to ask for a 3D model of this? Preferrably with all of the animations. Only asking because that way it would be far more easier to recolor it to match what I would like to use it for #Tongue. Could do a cameo for public use in exchange.

But yeah, no need to emphasis more that this is some epic stuff.

Crimsonum wrote:
These are pink in RA2 unitem.pal, if I recall correctly.

Nah, they're not. They work just fine, in the fashion LKO said too.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Hassan_2030
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have made a small sequence edit too, to us it as a direct replacement for the
GDI wolverine (as light vehicle) together with the other mech on this screen,
in my mod!

SCRN0004.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.34 KB
 Viewed:  31622 Time(s)

SCRN0004.PNG

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account
Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow, talk about a cascade of creativity...

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cameo time. There's also a PSD file in the zip, where the soldier is one layer and sky, shadow & BG are one. Might help if someone wants a different background, or to recolor/edit the soldier.

apuicon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.04 KB
 Viewed:  31557 Time(s)

apuicon.png

apuicon_psd.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  apuicon_psd.zip
 Filesize:  22.06 KB
 Downloaded:  612 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MadCat75
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very impressive.......i'm gonna snag this for my new RA2 mod. A strength enhancing exoskeleton Very Happy

KANE LIVES

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Marvelous!

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh damn nice !! err since you released it may have this model please would like to see how rigs work because i dont have a single idea Confused besides no one would like to read a long boring manual and to use it for my mod #Tongue

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the Vehicle Version it might be a nifty little touch up to instead maybe make it explode. And use FlameGuy as one of his animations. Laughing

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love you man. That is sweet! Though the back is rather plain...

Rollegg
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very good
I like it

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yaaay! Dreadknight!

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just gonna be nitpicky... but why was your Tesla Trooper suffering from Anti-Alias Syndrome while this one didn't? Razz

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i removed the background plane while rendering this and i had "AA against background" off too, which i didnt do with the tesla trooper #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Yaaay! Dreadknight!

It's way too small for that #Tongue

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about if we put a Grey Knight in his Terminator armour (enclosed APU), and put him in his Terminator armour in a mech (Dreadknight)?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, There's a difference between Tactical Dreadnought armour (Terminator armour) and a normal Dreadnought.

And the Dreadknight mech itself is also different from the Dreadnought.

40k likes to overcomplicate things, like a good 2000AD derived story should.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The conversion would be simple to do tho. Maybe later I will do those. I have experience and even palettes aimed for these stuff.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Funny how within a day, there were 3-4 SHP edits of this one, all of them good.

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the GDI edit I made out of this.

Tried to do some sort of cameo that sits in with the default Westwood ones.

gdiheavy.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  156.82 KB
 Viewed:  30739 Time(s)

gdiheavy.gif

gdiheavyicon.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.98 KB
 Viewed:  30739 Time(s)

gdiheavyicon.png

gdiheavy.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  gdiheavy.rar
 Filesize:  102.87 KB
 Downloaded:  527 Time(s)

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Phantasm models Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks very much..to LKO..
I am so jealous to these talented peopels. Any tutorial how to animate them from..say 3ds format into shp sequence..? I have download some free 3d characters like:

http://www.artist-3d.com/free_3d_models/uploads/masterchief2.zip

I have gmax and some free 3d modellers..

My dream actually was to convert my most favored Kane Wrath's Redeemer into TS shp format, complete with all necessary sequence.. oh boy.. it's haunting me for months of how to do that.

Or.. may be someone already do that...? Smile

I really like mech/walker/robotic units but not 'the too humanoid' models..

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont know much about gmax. sorry
but animations can be done with bones and/or IK.

the soldier inside the APU is a single mesh and uses bones and IK for animations, whereas, the APU is made of lots of separate meshes using IK (no bones needed).

as for the 3d model. i'll upload it here at ppm if i manage to bring its size down to 8 MB. currently its 18 MB zipped. any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I suppose in theory you could use 7-Zip to compress the scene files into an archive using more powerful compression algorithm than basic deflate compression, namely LZMA. It should allow you to use it with zip archives too if I recall correctly. The problem with this approach is, that some programs might have problems decompressing LZMA zips. That, and I am not sure how effective it is on 3dsmax scene files. It probably wouldn't reduce size of texture (JPG/PNG) files at all, though.

Uploading the file somewhere else instead of putting it here as an attachment is probably more viable option, however.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder why it's that huge in the first place. 18MB zipped is gigantic.
Outgoing from the picture, the model is quite low detailed and consists mainly out of primitives. Only the soldier is a bit more detailed due to many round surfaces, but i doubt it has more than 100.000 polygons.
IK and HI solver, bones and other helpers don't take much space too and can be even quite well compressed when using zip on the max file.

So the only thing that can raise that much the size are ridiculously huge textures. Something along 2000x1000 uncompressed bitmaps. Though normally 3dsmax only links to them and not includes them in the max file.

If it's 18MB zipped, the max must be around 25-40MB big. A model of that size has to have more than 30-60 million polygons.
However the APU in the first picture can be done with less than 200.000 Polygons.

Unless you did 1000 copies of the model, one for each little frame, i have no clue how you achieved such a big max-file.

For comparison:
that photorealistic APU is only 8MB when zipped (31MB the max file)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Well I suppose in theory you could use 7-Zip to compress the scene files into an archive using more powerful compression algorithm than basic deflate compression, namely LZMA. It should allow you to use it with zip archives too if I recall correctly. The problem with this approach is, that some programs might have problems decompressing LZMA zips. That, and I am not sure how effective it is on 3dsmax scene files. It probably wouldn't reduce size of texture (JPG/PNG) files at all, though.

Uploading the file somewhere else instead of putting it here as an attachment is probably more viable option, however.

7Zip already uses LZMA2 in 7zs. Usual LZMA zips fail to open within WinRAR (Total Commander and WinZip can handle them well, even XP too IIRC) shown by Nikademis a year ago or more when I used that.

also, since I know how ImP models.... I simply just assume these are just that big polygons. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject:  Splitting 18 MB file Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about splitting that 18 MB file into, say, 6 files (each about 3 MB)..Before uploading them, make sure you check all of them by recombine them back and see if everything still intact..

Sorry if this request sounds too much.. Smile

MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Winrar can split files to however big you want, no recombining necessary.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this looks so good

any chance you'd make zone trooper (from C&C 3) with about same size
for both ra2 and ts ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the zone trooper could be simply converted to an shp because it already is quite detailed thanks to the texture.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well me being noob in this things Very Happy
and probably not only one #Tongue

some good soul for that is needed Very Happy

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i dont come in the "good soul" category so goodluck #Tongue

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't blame you
I envy you tho Very Happy

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

seregawolf
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good

Small especially
Civilian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello, is this your picture in the infantry material can give I use?I'm doing my MOD sought-after infantry material yuri's revenge.If you can please send me email 1159580226 @qq.com.If not sent, can you give me a file download link.Thank you very much!!!!!I am a Chinese, English is not good.Use translation software translation.Probably mean can see... Very Happy

QQ20150728001542.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  185.92 KB
 Viewed:  22650 Time(s)

QQ20150728001542.gif

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of those infantry units were created for Mental Omega, so no.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait is this is used as the railgun commando in TI?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Isaac_The_Madd
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought so thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [44 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!