Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:48 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Infantry Ideas
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject:  Infantry Ideas
Subject description: Can be added, can not be added. Whatever the devteam wishes to do :P
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've a few suggestions for infantry, considering I like to play around with large groups of infantry but usually don't really get to use them like in Tiberian Sun Firestorm or Yuri's Revenge because of a few problems.

Two of them are in the form of the Elite Orca Bomber and the Banshee Bomber.
GDI lacks Anti-Air infantry (jumpjet is too weak against air units )... while Nod has Rocket Infantry and Cyborg Reapers...

GDI:
- Heavy Infantry:
These soldiers are quite heavily armored, and armed with a heavy-duty chaingun capable of targeting both ground and air units.
- EMP-grenadiers
In fact, they're fast soldiers with EMP grenades. They can stop armored units in their tracks, but only for a short time.
They can be either fast and low armored, or slow and heavy armored or something in between...
- Siege Infantry
Powerful and expensive troopers carrying a Gauss Rifle integrated in their exoskeletons and they carry shoulder-mounted Stinger anti-air rockets to get rid of air attacks. Their Gauss Rifle is fairly powerful against vehicles and infantry... in fact, the GDI-equalivent to Nod-Cyborgs in terms of price and quality.
- Gauss Commando: This unit, is just the Railgun commando with a different weapon. It has realism purpose only and shouldn't be a gameplay enhancement, because it is more or less a balanced unit, but... you know what happens if you carry a railgun and fire it? You die (and probably, the soldiers around you as well due to the massive heat generated).
Have fun firing a railgun...
Ingame, nothing should change but the name of the guy Smile .

I didn't gave any specific information anyway... I just spewed ideas all over the place like I always do Razz

Dudeinabox
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We've got the balance finely tuned in TI, there's plenty of Non-infantry GDI units that do the job just fine.

Crimmy: FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a strong believer in the rule that everything can be balanced.
However, it is much harder to keep everything orginal at the same time.

But doubling the Tech trees for both factions might also help in making it balanced... now Nod has a doubled Tech Tree (Hall of Faith & Tech Center) while GDI has not (only the Tech Center)...

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because GDI doesn't have Cyborgs #Tongue

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can still make some powerful armored suit with a built-in Gaussrifle and a rocket launcher, even within a few years...

Just some powerful infantry units which are better trained and well equipped....

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And have Cyborg-like heavy infantry for GDI? Not every unit type needs to exist on both sides, with only different looks. This ain't C&C3 where this did happen (imho).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no point in having multiple units to fill the same exact role. Even if one is an infantry and one is a vehicle.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In TI we try to avoid making the mistake giving both sides the same units (like firestorm did with giving GDI the juggernaut)

GDI is basically heavy armored with much firepower, but medium fast
Nod is basically medium/weak armored with medium or very much firepower and fast or extremely slow.

While GDI can be seen as the golden middle, Nod tries to go more for the superlatives (better in one aspect while sacrificing another one).

The only thing i would agree with, is an Anti-Air only infantry unit for GDI. Something like a flak trooper maybe. Though i think that the railgun tank and scatterpacks do a good job taking down aircraft.
There's also the railgun commando, which can attack aircraft. So there is no need for a gauss infantry which would do the same job just under a different name.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ordosherrscher
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, he wanted to rename the railgun commando to gauss commando, nothing more xD
The only thing I find interesting are the EMP grenadiers. It WOULD open new tactics, but these must be lategame (techcenter + EMP cannon). Just my opinion, though

Think of me as Nordos, 'cause Banshee wouldn't rename me

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I didn't ask for superlatives for GDI, LKO Confused .

The Anti-Air infantry would likely target ground units as well... I can't think of a non-missile anti-air weapon which cannot target ground units. Just don't make it a Tank Hunter. Smile

As for the Siege Infantry... the guy could be orginal unlike what they did in C&C3. I would see it as an anti-cyborg / anti-light vehicles infantry, only doing moderate damage to other units but it can target everything.

Ordosherrscher is right about the EMP-grenadier (alltough I would place them after Armory + EMP Cannon or after EMP Cannon alone if the GDI Armory is not implemented (it is still a new building which might take a lot of work to make)) and Gauss Commando Smile

Moonreaper007
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Special units:

New Brotherhood:
-Elite Cadre: Replaces Cyborg units for the New Nod. Tougher than normal infantry and fires lasers
-Fanatic: Similar to that of CnC3 the unit charges at the enemy and goes kamikazi!

Old Brotherhood:
-Tick Tank: Bring back the tank from Tiberium Sun

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum