Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Powerplants AI Upgrades
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject:  YR Powerplants AI Upgrades
Subject description: Still rather new with YR's AI -Npatch
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I read this tutorial for like the fifth time.
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9071
And since I'm still new at YR relatively specking with AI

I wanted to know if the AI would use my upgrades instead of using up space
by adding it to;
Code:
NodRegularPower=
GDIPowerPlant=
ThirdPowerPlant=

I really dislike using Advanced power-plants because it ruins the esthetic look of my AI bases.

Key: (Letters are placeholders for real building names)

Also if AI built building X and the Upgrade changed/Got-better from Y to Z, will AI use Y More than Z ?.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just use a AI cloned Power plant with a negative tech level, and ai will build an additional power plant, which will be a normal power plant but with more power. Human player won't be able to tell it s a copy, "though I suggest you make sure its not captureable."

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EricAnimeFreak wrote:
Just use a AI cloned Power plant with a negative tech level, and ai will build an additional power plant, which will be a normal power plant but with more power. Human player won't be able to tell it s a copy, "though I suggest you make sure its not captureable."

Yes i had thought about your idea, and ruled it out.

Why?..
like i said above the esthetics will be ruined.
ATM my AI has to build 3 more power-plants every time i upgrade all my power-plants. I have a build limit, if the player sees more he/she can build they are going to know the AI is cheating, the dummy building will not upgrade ingame and that will not be pleasing at all since the AI will build 2 more than the AI is allowed. Not the image I am trying to Cultivate. ( I know I'm fussy)
As you know the build limit is not supported in AI and it will over build...ruining the gamers experience.

Unless a AI tech leveled, dummy, power-plant/s, are supported then i can overrule the possibility of a ruined game. Otherwise its a confirmed No

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You know the AI cheats by default and build's teams based on triggers rather then actual logical AI like in modern RTS?

Also if your going to use that word at least spell it correctly, its aesthetic

AI only builds upgrades once in RA2/YR. Its residual logic from TS.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Ares, by listing powerplant upgrades in AI.PowerPlants tag, you can get them built more than once (especially if you list them three-four times, due to the list takes all entries in an equal chance, and you can set the upgrade as preferred via listing more times).

I thought NPatch can do that same.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right, well thanks to our new tutorial i won't have to worry. even if i did read about it before hand i was just unsure if it could break my game so i had to post here, just to make sure. didn't want little errors here and there popping up.

@Allied General ; yes i was aware of the AI cheating long before i posted this topic. I wanted to program mine in a way that it "appeared" that the computer didn't [cheat]. Understand my meaning. BTW thanks for the spell check.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon