Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:23 am
All times are UTC + 0
GDI Orca Close Support Gunship
Moderators: Regulus
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject:  GDI Orca Close Support Gunship
Subject description: Multi-role VTOL
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orca Close Support Gunship

The Orca Gunship is a very fast and maneuverable VTOL airframe capable of delivering ordinance on target from a variety of bases of operation. Some question its unconventional engine design versus more traditional rotor based airframes, but it has proven to be a reliable mission asset countless times. More airframes based around its jet turbine lift systems have been proposed and are being investigated; a testament to its performance.

Last edited by Regulus on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lovely.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, great detail and accuracy.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice. i wasn't sure on the blue canopy before but now that i have seen your version, i think now, it was the best choice.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance to see a concept-art Orca Dropship?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe.................. #Tongue

m7
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So if this is for YR and you have the Jumpjet locomotor on vehicles, will this serve as traditional pad aircraft or more of a heli-based support air unit?

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been thinking about this for some time. Each choice alters gameplay in a different way, so I am simply going to have to experiment. The problem is Jumpjet vehicles require the war factory to open at the top AFAIK. I have debated using a deploy system that builds the aircraft as a vehicle and you must deploy it to "transform" it into a JJ vehicle. I haven't started looking into other work arounds yet.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since you're planning to use Ares (right?) you can make the Helipad into a vehicletype factory and use BuiltAt. And then the missing anim is not an issue.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I forgot about that. I haven't started coding most of the stuff yet. I have glanced over the change log (and I am still doing so) but I haven't read every single change. Thanks for the heads up.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was thinking about same thing. My best idea is having both types. I have never tried combine aircraft and unit factory into one building but if its possible, with use a BuildAt logic and Naval queue it may end with creation somelike CnC3 Aircraft facility. (IE With JJ Venoms but Vertigos rearming on landing pads.)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sadly, Factory= can only take one value, but you can have an airpad and a helipad at the same time. I am already doing it on a new side of mine. Maybe Dock would work, but not sure in that.... IIRC there is a safeIE on that in Ares because it causes random IEs in YR.

EDIT: Ah, no, I mixed it with this one. https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/895384 Then it just fells into the "nobody have tried yet" area.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been thinking of making them balloon hover and you can deploy them to land if you need to. If even that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon