Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Shrine Of Nod
Moderators: Tiberian Odyssey Active Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Morpher
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject:  Shrine Of Nod
Subject description: Advanced Research and Technology Center
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shrine Of Nod

Strength: Medium
Armour: Medium
Cost: 2000
Power: -100

Shrines of Nod house the Black Hand's cohort in any major Nod theatre of operations.  They allow access to the more complex technologies reclaimed after the fall, such as directed energy, stealth, and EMP weapons.  Shrines also allow the use of captured CABAL Cores, Mutant bases, and other tactical structures to their full capacity.

Additional to their role as research facilites and holding areas for artifacts, Shrines function as defensive installations.  The EMP cannon is quicker to cool than GDI's orbital counterpart, but the reduced range means that is reasonably common to find Shrines at forward positions.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated images and information.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was expecting something more fragile temple-like. Oh well...

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

not really i didn't had another concept lying around but the picture you have there seems to be the powerplant EA used for TW ?
None than less i did it unintentionally but somewhere really are similar designs from other games/cnc concepts, i'm sure, but iwas more thinking of Dark Reign Smile

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
not really i didn't had another concept lying around but the picture you have there seems to be the powerplant EA used for TW ?
None than less i did it unintentionally but somewhere really are similar designs from other games/cnc concepts, i'm sure, but iwas more thinking of Dark Reign Smile

Not only did EA use it, they used the very model WW crafted.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey blubb, this shit is gooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can I model that stuff?

gufu
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Who draws those pretty concepts? *drools*

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gufu wrote:
Who draws those pretty concepts? *drools*

blubb does Wink

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yo, blubb, nice concepts, although rendering/shading appears fuzzy. Anyways you got good stuff though, should consider posting stuff on Conceptart.org Wink

blubb
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea but 1 i got still to learn a few things and 2. those concepts are just scribbles just to see how and why and stuff Smile thanks

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

exactly, CA.org is a place where you can post stuff and get crits and comments.

jerry32j
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Epic ball of secrecy.
That's what I can see. =P

xD
Nod Soldier: "I can haz ball of secritz?"

So what exactly does this do? Just a tech center? Or does it hold super weapon plugins? Or what?

"But what about the Tiberium!?"
-Nod Tib Harv, Tib War III

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
The Shrine of Nod is a building only allowed access to by high commanders. Shrine’s contain special information required to build the advanced units of Nod and also give the ability to use any captured buildings / facilities to their fullest potential.

Audiopulse
Railgun Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Building looks cool - some perspective issues make it a little hard to get the dimensions in some points though.

yup, neptune size!

Eagle 11
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Huge supercomputer building,"Cabals Eye" over Nod logo Smile

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, but not so much CABAL at this point, unless Nod gets stupid again.

Palkia323
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys 3dify this one!

3ds Topic
Clicky

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There was a Shrine render on ModDB. Are you guys using that ingame?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, though it'll be getting a bit of an overhaul on the top to make room for the EMP cannon, or at least that's the working theory.

Last edited by Orac on Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:18 am; edited 2 times in total

TiberFCSL
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like this shrine better than the CNC3 one, I think it has a better shape, that makes more sense.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, Nod won't have EMP cannons?

How do they counter GDI's EMP sat?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Um, yes, they will have EMP cannons. That's why I posted "it'll be getting a bit of an overhaul on the top to make room for the EMP cannon". In the next few days we'll probably be trying out Nod with Shrines as EMP cannons.

This is for one big reason:
Buildings which act only as prereqs for other stuff are boring. With an EMP cannon, the Shrine will have an intrinsic use.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wich gives me the idea, why not base the nod naval yard off this concept with a few adjustments? it would work great

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you cut out the shiny red middle part, it kind of becomes like the C&C3 ConYard.

The empty spot in the middle would be indeed great for building ships.

I'd say go for it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blubb, Ixo, that's a good plan. I shall invest some time in it... when I have some.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They might have used and crafted their own model, but it was based on the original WW C&C3 CABAL powerplant.

Lord Firestorm
Soldier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the Shrine is the EMP Cannon, doesn't that eliminate offensive EMP cannon usage (putting an MCV outside someone's base, building an EMP and blasting their base with it)?

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Think of it more as the EMP cannon is now also a tech center, and is 2x3.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kane would be proud. looks nice how big is this building meant to be.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dubzac wrote:
Kane would be proud. looks nice how big is this building meant to be.

Please read the posts from the conversation so far. While this design is not being scrapped (it will be combined with a couple of blubb's other concepts for the Nod naval yard), it is being replaced as the Shrine of Nod by something very much like this: (Obviously WIP)

shrineprev0000.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  182.75 KB
 Viewed:  12537 Time(s)

shrineprev0000.gif

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Holy Jesus!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic.
If TO doesn't wants it, it would fit perfect into TI as well Very Happy

Though i would suggest making the turret a tiny bit smaller, or make the ring on which it turns a bit wider. It somehow has a quite fragile look right now.
Some more tech doodads on the tip of the turret which fire the em-pulse could be nice too.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work, I like how the cyan streams appear differently from each angle.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow nice !

Vladimir
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really can't wait for this mod, great graphics.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think it's perfect, i mean, the top is an EM pulse cannon, TS's was also that big, i like it how it is, doesn't need any change.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wait, the cannon floats? Why's that?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh right, now i see it too. strange Confused
Might look better if there was at least some kind of animation like lightnings or a particle stream going from the building to the flowing turret.

Public SHPs

Tools

blubb
General

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

how does it float when it's connected? o_ô

Hydraw Art on Facebook

-=HelloDave=-
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Woah nice, awesome graphics, awesome design, I love it <3
All it needs is this:

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Wait, the cannon floats? Why's that?

Because I posted the image only to clear up the block-headed inability to read the topic which was being exhibited by Dubzac, by showing a more up-to-date rendering of the intended model. The only decent render I had was one of the ones I made while discussing the idea of adding EMP to the shrine with Morpher. The turret does not float in the more complete version, where the cannon has additional detail and has been anchored to the building's top.
But I didn't have a nice render of that, so I posted what I had to work with, and mentioned that it was squarely WIP. And I made sure it was one of the ones with the blue background to further make sure that nobody would get confused and think it was finalised. The intent was to get any further ideas from the community before commiting it to mainline.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well yeah, but the way turret seems to wobble as it rotates gave me the impression it was supposed to float. Maybe that's just me.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Doesn't wobble in Max. Your eyes are broken #Tongue

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah it does seem to "float" about, I guess because the turret isn't quite perfectly centred. Looks nice though.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So the EMP has fire animations too?
So let me get this right, it's a "shrine" and EMP Cannon, or is that just the name? the name "Shrine" is usually associated with a tech center. So my guess is its a bit of both?

STAFF EDIT: For grammar and spelling.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it's both an EMP Cannon and a Tech Center, a pretty challenging concept to understand but if I recall there were a few cryptic clues hidden throughout this thread to point those searching for the truth to the path of enlightenment.

hidden clue 1 wrote:
Think of it more as the EMP cannon is now also a tech center, and is 2x3.

hidden clue 2 wrote:
With an EMP cannon, the Shrine will have an intrinsic use.

hidden clue 3 wrote:
Shrine Of Nod
Advanced Research and Technology Center

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Nah it does seem to "float" about, I guess because the turret isn't quite perfectly centred. Looks nice though.

The turret rotation is correct. It's the irregular shape (rear bigger than front) and the tilted position which make it look like it's wobbling.

Anyway, an extremely nice idea to make the tech center also the emp cannon. Then no one will sell the tech center again while keeping the new construction options.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [49 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon