Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ideas
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [72 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the emp is possible considering they have one in generals and that microwave tank disables stuff and so does the EMC and black lotus and hackers

anyway i havent worked on the hover units not hovering when being empied on in ion storm but the crusader tank was originally gonna hover so maybe the logic is still there or possibly we have to add a disabled locomoter where its height above the ground is 0. the water is a problem though. im not sure if generals has a sink logic considering when bridges break in cinematic scenes in missions units sink. possibly the disabled locomoter will be that it can only go over type GROUND. so if its locomoters change from normal to disabled when it is empied and it is over water it may sink.

ion storms im not sured about. to stop air units working is simple. u make the ion storm have a constant aa weapon with a radius of 500 (bigger than anymap). u cant make it disable hover units only because u can only disable everything because then everything is disabled. i might be wrong, i havent looked into thing yet.

dynamic lighting is easy, just have a massive particle effect round the invisible light post

it would be cool to have another type of weather effect

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that makes sense, and it shouldnt be that hard to do.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but im not even sure if it is possible to make a disabled locomoter

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

make there be a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggeeeeeeeeee EMP blast all over the map?

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah, somehting like that should probably work. It would fit, we would just need to make different animations for it.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the whole map would turn yellow?

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im not sure. We could do something like that, or make it a different color with lots of lightning or something like that.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

but then everything would be disabled, ill look into the ion storm, possibly around each lightning strike there is an emp effect and in the center of the lightning strike it is harmful

i was also thinking that we should make a hurricane/tornado kinda thing

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, why not make it so everything is disabled? Say as the tiberium infection has gotten worse, the climate has continued to degrade until most areas of the planet have huge gail force storms sweeping accross the plains, and Ionic storms occuring in the atmosphere that disable electronic equipment. THis woul make it so that infintry actually have a purpose, as they cannot be stopped by an EMP effect, players would be required to have an infintry force, and tank rushing would no longer be a reliable strat all the time.

lrendall
Medic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gd idea there Scrinlord... but then we must make sure the ion storms don't last for as long as they did in TS lol... Maybe a 10 min max ion stor duration to a 2 min minimum duration.

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AND MAYBE ON SOME MAPS YOU COULD MAKE IT AN INFANTRY ONLY BATTLE

edit: oops, caps lock was on...

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good idea, missions where there is big ion storms u have to defend ur base with infantry and capture a special power structure which uses a different type of electricity which will restore the power to ur units and structures

the ion storm will be made out of 3 different parts

- the lighting effect and the anti air weapon
- the emp disabling
- the lightning strikes

the triggers will create each object, say when u restore ur power a trigger will delete the emp disabling part, in missions there could be different emp disabling objects, 1 which is owned by u/an ally which only disables the enemy units, and one owned by the enemy which only disables ur units. so the enemy wouldnt be disabled because urs doesnt exist but u have to delete the enemys by taking over the power structure. this would only work in singleplayer missions

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, that makes sense. But if we wanted to do that, I think we should make it fairly hard for the lighning of an EMP to hit infantry units, because that would just piss people off, if all they had was infintry, and lightning was continually pummling them.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Scrinlord wrote:
Yeah, that makes sense. But if we wanted to do that, I think we should make it fairly hard for the lighning of an EMP to hit infantry units, because that would just piss people off, if all they had was infintry, and lightning was continually pummling them.

Not true, because there was a GDI mission in tiberian sun where you had to defend the scrin with only infantry and during a storm.

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but there were a few times in other missions where lightning did have a tendency to hit all your units, and it did get kind of annoying, I was just commenting that if the only unit we had that worked was infintry, then we should just make it hard for lightning to target infintry.

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think u can make emp disable only units not structures. it would have to be that otherwise u couldnt build anything. ill take a look at the microwave tank and see how the emp works on that

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is it possible to make it jam radar?

Scrinlord
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm, that is a good point. I dont know how we can do that, without disabling structures as well

zdflamer2
Shrapnel Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmm jam the radar is hard, i think it could be possible though

moD Maca
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are sum awesome Ideas here,
I am making A Tiberiansun:FS mod Called: well, "Just Another Tiberian:FS modification" Wink
Would I be Able 2 borrow sum of them, with credit of corse, theMod should be out by 2005, it's just taking a while to complete!!!
btw: the last post for this Forum is quite old, so - if i get no response I will consider the Poster has left TS Modding Community #evil

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He is away for some time already... I dont know the cause for sure, either computer virus or school... I suggest you to email or PM him.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

mavrick
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: hmmm Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why don't you just do what you said first...

1, make it an aa weapon
2, give it the same weapon as a microwave tank
3, take away the animation
4,make the radius across the map

it won't effect the planes landed, but any planes flying will be disabled, an if someone tells some planes to take off as soon as they hit the air they crash.

is their anyway, that a plane thats been shot down can still be alive, like the tanks are when jarmen kell shoots the crew... like you just whack an infantryman in it and it works again with one shot kill health

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon