Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:33 am
All times are UTC + 0
How do I get Tiberium to grow as fast as possible?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject:  How do I get Tiberium to grow as fast as possible? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tl;dr how the hell do u get tiberium to grow super fast in TS?

The growth rate option in rules.ini, right? Whats the fastest rate, whats the number to set it to to REALLY grow fast?

The AI in TS and in mods, with 7 of the AIs them against you, on super hard, on some maps there simply just isn't enough money!!!!!!! Like in DTA the tiberium doesn't grow very fast at all. The growth rate in rules, for TS and DTA, it is set to 5. To get it to grow faster, do u set the number lower or higher? What do I do?

In TI the growth rate is seemingly perfected, because all of the tiberium patches NEVER deplete on me, the field never gets empty, even with 3-4 harvesters eating away all the tiberium. Wheres in DTA, the field will get empty very fast and stay very empty for a while; it takes forever to regrow.

In the TI rules section I think it's set to 5 just like DTA, so its like, WTF? What did TI do to perfect it's growth rate to allow for easier engagements with 7 AIs? But at the same time, how the hell do u get tiberium to grow super fast in TS?

I'm playing on the Tiberian Twilight map for DTA. I will keep playing, but there's just not much money. It's probably a map specific issue, 'cause I've played other 8 player maps and I've successfully rushed the nearest base, capture it, then proceed to build up the economy and defend while building up a strike force to start picking away at the other teams.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Twisted Insurrection uses special light posts that spawn tiberium around them, with the intention to be placed on pre-placed tiberium patches. It's all art.ini coding and debris. Mental Omega had a structure a long time ago that did something similar too.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. TS has a big issue with tiberium growth logic.
Just a theory and vague observation: Once a unit moves over a patch of tiberium or the patch is attacked by a weapon, the patch and all adjacent patches seem to stop growing and spreading.
The timer which should actually trigger another growth/spread step, seems to stop after a while too.
If you reload a savegame, you can see that tiberium instantly grows and spreads, since then the timer is set back to 0 again, which triggers another growth/spread round.
Sometimes however, some unknown event can cause the tiberium growth/spread to work again.
I'm still trying to find out what exactly is causing the growth/spread to stop and what exactly is reinitializing it again. If we know this, then there should be a way to find a workaround to fix this. (e.g. via map trigger by constantly repeating the reinit-event)

2. due to 1, it isn't really working to reduce the delays. It will only cause tiberium to grow rapidly in the beginning of a match and then stop after a while anyway.

3. spread logic is broken: tiberium spreads only when a patch is bigger than stage 7 (iirc). new spawned patches start at the same stage. WW seems to have noticed the issue with the growth and spread, and thought this would fix the issue and give enough money. However it actually enhances the problems, as stage 1-6 patches don't cause any new patches to be spawned, thus even more limiting the money.
As a result only the directly adjacent cells around a tibtree have tiberium, since these are done by the special tibtree spawn logic, which is like a force tiberium patch stage 7 to be spawned there.

4. As Aro said, an invisible building makes sure, some more patches of tiberium are spawned in a farther distance around the tibtree.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do these problems continue into RA2?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did Ore ever grew in RA2? Confused
RA2 has only 2 ressource types of which one is never growing (crystals) and the other would look odd when growing (Ore).

I have no clue, but i would say the problem still exists there, though it's not noticeable since in RA2 growing and spreading resources don't fit in the first place.

Public SHPs

Tools

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Made a quick test with Growth=10 and Spread=10, with these values the tiberium kept spreading until the entire map was covered with it. Tried to leave these values low and lower the GrowthPercentage and SpreadPercentage to something like 0.001, but the tiberium still spread very fast. Dunno if the values 10 fix the problem, I only tested it for one round. But it did keep spreading for a good 10-15 minutes.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, thnx guys. I'm gonna try the GrowthRate=10 just for lolz. But is there a SpreadRate=? I can't find it in the rules.ini

@Lin Kuei Ominae: Ore does regrow in RA & RA2. Instead of tiberium trees, there's ore mines (RA1) or ore drills (RA2).

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Made a quick test with Growth=10 and Spread=10, with these values the tiberium kept spreading until the entire map was covered with it. Tried to leave these values low and lower the GrowthPercentage and SpreadPercentage to something like 0.001, but the tiberium still spread very fast. Dunno if the values 10 fix the problem, I only tested it for one round. But it did keep spreading for a good 10-15 minutes.

I think I may have an idea for a new game mode.

Imagine a warm humid jungle map, covered with huge blue tiberium trees, that spawn endless amounts of fastgrowing blue tiberium... Oh, the explosions... the explosions.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As far as I know, exploded blue tiberium wouldn't regrow...

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That wouldn't matter as the Growth=10 and Spread=10 would keep the fields growing endlessly.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, as has been mentioned before, after a certain time, the tiberium would stop spreading. Thats the point Wink

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Imagines evey one having 20 or more harvesters to prevent being overrun by tiberuim Laughing
if the growth rate is that high will there be lag?.

blue tiberuim that stuff is nasty.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Which INI is the SpreadRate= in?

To I just have to add the tag in rules? And the other two tags SuperJoe mentioned.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Read again what Joe wrote and take a look in rules.ini Wink There is no SpreadRate key.
rules.ini wrote:

; Name = display name
; Image = image to use [1=small, 2=large, 3=vine]
; Value = credit value per 'bail'
; Growth = growth rate
; Spread = spread rate
; Power = explosive power per 'bail' (def=0)
; Color = display color of the Tiberium
; Shard = crystal to fly off when chain reacting (def=none)

[Riparius]
Name=Tiberium Riparius
Image=1
Power=4
Value=25
Growth=2200
GrowthPercentage=.09
Spread=2200
SpreadPercentage=.09
Color=NeonGreen

Public SHPs

Tools

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SO yeah, I did the same thing as SuperJoe did with the Growth=10 and GrowthPercentage=0.001, same with spread, only with DTA's rules.ini. I played a match on Sandtrap with 7AIs that lasted a long time, but eventually the game got an IE. I think it was because if the tiberium growing so damn fast that it spread out of control for the game to handle. The IE happened 2 hours into the game.

But it was AWESOME! I had money to fight the whole time, and was able to swarm a bit. I actually had money to fight off 7 hard AIs, and one enemy base got surrounded by tiberium after it was reduced to nothing but a bar and a CY, PP, REF, and there were so many visceroids it was hilarious.

In fact there was so much tiberium that I needed flame tanks and chem warriors and medics (I enabled medics too) constantly to ward off visceroids. Sand Trap is such a small map and there was so much tiberium it was hard to build a base.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon