Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Gatling Trike
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject:  Gatling Trike
Subject description: T1 Anti-Air Vehicle
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gatling Trike
Affiliation: Chaos Cell *Replaces Gatling Tank
Weapon: Single Gatling Cannon
Role: Anti-Infantry & Anti-Air
Cost: 400
Speed: Fast
Armor: Light Plating
Movement: Land
Requirements: Scrap Yard
Additional Info:
- Cannot Crush Infantry
- Can Fire on the Move

Sacrificing even more armor for mobility the Gatling Trike like its bigger brother is designed to quickly spin up its gatling cannon to mow down infantry and aircraft. Stripped down to only 1 Set of Cylinders the Trike can also pick up speed more quickly on the Cannon. The Trike's smaller size allows it to be built more quickly and more cheaply.

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coulda been better as now its lack of detail is evident as seems made in that size and what little detail is there,its being messed up. I woulda done it larger model and scaled down and front remap is slightly excessive. Overall potentially a bit too fodderish unit and it serves no different role than Gattling Tank except being inferior in every aspect except maybe movement speed.

MO atleast feature opentop/passengered ones making it stand out different vs gattling tanks.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well pretty much yeah... but it has some notable differences...
1) Cheaper
2) Faster
3) Gatling Stage goes up more quickly
4) It's size 3*

* In Colony Wars I made Vehicles in Size 3,4,6 & 12. Yuri has the Tank/Tyrant Crawlers which are essentially... mobile Tank Bunkers who can hold up to Size 4 Vehicles. Considering this... you can put inside them 2 of these guys. Combined with the knowledge as well that the Tyrant Crawler itself also comes armed with a weapon.

I'll see about improving the Voxel some more though, as I think I may have chosen too dark colors from Yuri's Colors which makes the colors too meshed up. The Voxel actually has some proper detailing but yeah I've chosen colors too near each other.

Edit: Removed the plating on the front wheel, still has remap. Brightened the voxel.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the last thing people need are cheaper units though. Already a lot of the basic units don't get used when playes tech up, so it's better you just try make those more useful.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well theres also my plan of giving the Gatling Tank Passenger as well. Since you can see in the concept art it seems like that it would have been able to hold some few passengers like the Flak Track.

Colony Wars doesn't have Super Anti-Air Units though so Players would still be using the Gatling Units even up to late-game if they plan to use only ground-based units.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem is, Gattling Tank already is quite weak armor and most of the time can not get anywhere near full speed cycles before being blown to crap and this Trike has even less chance of that so gattling hardly gives an advantage unless idea is to do mindless spam of these but even so handful of actual tanks/anti-tank infantry make short work of them and usage vs bases is quite impractical due to need to accelerate and weak armor can not provide this any kind of duration needed. What Yuri needs more is base siege weapons really than unit fodder. Passenger add to gattling tank is fair call tho.

I would still darken the grey btw.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Trike has 20 less HP than the Gatling Tank and has the same light armor.
On Lasher Tank this means he can kill the bike in 3 hits while the Tank will need 4.

Humvee,Gatling Tank & Half Track all have 200 HP.

The Weapon is exactly the same though but doesn't have burst=2 on it.

The Trike can get to full charge in just 8 seconds. At Elite this goes down to 4 seconds. (Basically half of what the Gatling Tank has)

*The Speed was recorded in Game Speed 4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon