Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm
All times are UTC + 0
max Map sizes?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject:  max Map sizes? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just wanted to know if maps can have extreme sizes like 25x1600 too, since 100x400 and 200x200 work as well?
Is 40000 the max number of cells for a map? (sounds quite strange since 65536 is usually an upper limit)

What restricts more the map size, finalsun or TS? In other words, does FinalSun support the biggest possible map size of the TS engine or even bigger than TS?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In YR the true upper limit is that Height + Width shall not exceed 512, meaning that 256x256 would be the largest possible size (measured by the amount of cells in the map). A quick test confirms that TS (v.2.03) seems to enforce this limit as well. Trying to use map larger than this would crash the game immediately after trying to enter loading screen (YR & RA2) or during the loading process (TS).

I don't know about FS limitations but I know FA2 map creation limits width and/or height to 200 and crashes if it tries to load maps larger than 208x208 IIRC, non-symmetrical map sizes like 400x50 work fine though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

in both games I have maps 200 by 215. I believe it was Joshy who modififed the map maker to allow 208 by 208. I know there is a post on here some where about it.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Any progress on this "larger maps"..? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wonder if any body has succeed in increasing the limit of map size.. i like to play long mission in large map. I always prefer as defender in skirmish mode and like base building. Tech Level War has huge potential to fulfill this kind of desire.. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon