Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberium Flora Mockups and ideas
Moderators: Gangster
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [59 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject:  Tiberium Flora Mockups and ideas Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have gathered together all the concept art for tiberium flora and fauna i can find and mocked up how they would look ingame

They are all to scale (concept art has human scale next to them) unless noted otherwise below.

Some I have added transparency's but only 50% or 75% so that i can be replicated ingame

Anyway I will list them below and share some ideas I have for each of them

1. Green Tiberium Tree
Probably not necessary to use this as an almost identical version is already in Firestorm/rewire anyway.

2. Blue Tiberium Cactus
This could be used as a nice variant on the already existing Blue Tiberium cactus as it has a slightly different design
(note 50% transparency top spore anim)
As you can see it looks quite different from the current Firestorm blue cactus
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070422192912/cnc/images/5/5a/Vegetation2.gif

3. Giant Alien Pod
The strangest and largest of the flora (actually scaled down otherwise would have been to big)
This thing is weird, perhaps when it is destroyed some kind of new tiberium lifeform emerges from it?
Or maybe it just spawns lots of green tiberium and/or gas clouds?
(note 75% transparency for pod area)

4. White Crystal Cactus
Placed next to a green tib cactus, you can see they are very similar and it seems WW used this and made it green tiberium cactus instead.
Either do not use as it is to similar, or use as variation (also introducing white/translucent Tiberium flora

5. Tiberium Spores plant
Ideally I think it would be great if these things could at a slow rate, grow just like Tiberium
They would be unharvestable and travesable by all units/vehicles
However when vehicles moved over them, they would crush them and a particle/animation of spores in the air would linger (much like gas clouds) which would be toxic to all infantry.
More detailed image here http://cncguild.net/pages/ts/conart/images/plant1.jpg
(note 50% transparency)

6. Blue Tiberium Tree
Decorative tree
Shown are two sizes, based on the concept background (which has no human scale reference) I believe the smaller one is the intended ingame scale. The larger preserves more detail though.

7. Large Green Tiberium Flora
Decorative Flora
I think it would be nice if this one glowed in the centre (not effected by lighting) and possibly emitted a subtle green/yellowish alpha lighting.
(note 75% transparency on middle area)

8. Weed flora
Decorative faoa
Seen primarily in areas where weed is, although Rewire no longer uses the orangy weed design seen in TD FMV's and ingame in Tiberian Sun
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070621055528/egamia/images/a/af/Tiberium_veinholes.PNG

9. Tiberium Totem
Emits sporadic gas coulds from its top.
Explodes with minor gas explosion if destroyed (maybe 3 gas clouds)
(note 50% transparency gas anim at top)

10. Tiberium Pit
I have included a large 2x2 and a small 1x1 version
I believe the smaller one is the inteded ingame scale (however much detail is lost)
Maybe this thing (if possible) could spawn sporadic viceroids and/or gas clouds?

11. Big Blue Tiberium Crystal
Nothing new here, I am sure we are all familiar with Big Blue which spawns blue tiberium
However I propose as per FS Manual, that when these things are destroyed, tons of blue crystal shards are sent flying all over the place, spawning lots more blue tiberium again.

Well these are my ideas, what do you guys think ?

Edit: Forgot to mention, as Ares allows custom palettes all of these should retain full quality even when ingame Smile

Edit2: Added this for inspiration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vdw3Q0a9tQ

RewireFaunaMockup.png
 Description:
Rewire Tiberium Flora and Fauna Mockup
 Filesize:  1.91 MB
 Viewed:  26474 Time(s)

RewireFaunaMockup.png

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 pm; edited 4 times in total

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

note: smaller blues are already explosive and spawn shards.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Too bad most of them look incredibly bad when copy-pasted from the concept art. Especially 3 and 7 are in the wrong angle. I'd wish someone would recreate them in 3dsmax or Photoshop.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
note: smaller blues are already explosive and spawn shards.

Awesome

Crimsonum wrote:
Too bad most of them look incredibly bad when copy-pasted from the concept art. Especially 3 and 7 are in the wrong angle. I'd wish someone would recreate them in 3dsmax or Photoshop.

Yea I agree
It's lucky any of them look ok since all the concept art seems to be from a side on perspective

As for No.7 I wonder if the guys working on Tiberian Sun Genesis would be willing to donate this?
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/8/7868/ScreenShot0011_new.jpg
(I've seen a shot of the model without that heavy glow and it looks good)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

since we talking.. here is my attempt on 7 I did year ago or so.

fona3.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.44 KB
 Viewed:  26438 Time(s)

fona3.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, but it looks more solid than organic.

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fascinating stuff.

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think 2, 4, and 9 look pretty good, and for some reason I really like number 3. Just think it needs something more grounding at the base.

And Gangster, that 7 looks great, it fits in with TS well IMO.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good Gangster, just a little cartoony IMO.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They need some cleaning up, but I'd say throw them all in.

I say the most important thing is deciding whether these plants have actions like ammocrates or veinholes.

The Tiberium Jungle needs to be a wee bit more dangerous than just acting as firewood.

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't most Tiberium fauna have a certain inorganic feel to them anyway, considering the crystal lattice of the original Riparius strain?

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regulus wrote:
Wouldn't most Tiberium fauna have a certain inorganic feel to them anyway, considering the crystal lattice of the original Riparius strain?

Yet they are all mutations from terrestrial (organic) life forms.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

another try on tiberium lifeform.

Untitled-1 копия.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  8.08 KB
 Viewed:  26259 Time(s)

Untitled-1 копия.png

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow looks really nice. it also reminds of avatar Very Happy

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

edited bit more.

cc.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.26 KB
 Viewed:  26200 Time(s)

cc.png

Sorrow
Flamethrower

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about fauna?

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks great gangster

Sorrow wrote:
What about fauna?

?

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:

This one looks better than the version seen below.

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Looks great gangster

Sorrow wrote:
What about fauna?

?

These are all Tiberium Flora. Fauna is Animals, basically. Flora is plantlife. The title says "Fauna" but it really is about flora.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:

SMIFFGIG wrote:
Looks great gangster

Sorrow wrote:
What about fauna?

?

These are all Tiberium Flora. Fauna is Animals, basically. Flora is plantlife. The title says "Fauna" but it really is about flora.

Ahh yea silly me
I'll edit topic title

Added vid link in first post

They both look good, are you going for light blue tiberium or TS dark blue? (just asking as newer one goes slightly better with lighter blue tib)

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesn't help either that WW mixed and merged Flora and Fauna in the game as well #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
It doesn't help either that WW mixed and merged Flora and Fauna in the game as well #Tongue

They did not. They called tiberium flora Fona, which is a mixture of Flora and Fauna since tiberium plants have organic parts in them (remember TD pulsating flesh covered blossom trees; veinhole monster) and thus can't be classified as either flora or fauna.

In C&C there isn't only Flora, Fauna and Fungi, but also Fona.

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fona was the word I was looking for

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
They did not. They called tiberium flora Fona, which is a mixture of Flora and Fauna since tiberium plants have organic parts in them (remember TD pulsating flesh covered blossom trees; veinhole monster) and thus can't be classified as either flora or fauna.

In C&C there isn't only Flora, Fauna and Fungi, but also Fona.

Speculation. Westwood might've just as easilly mixed up the scientific names. Knowing their past mistakes, this wouldn't come as a surprise. Besides, Firestorm manual refers to them as flora.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Westwood are the guys who couldn't spell artillery, right?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gatling too.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Missile too (RA1 Missle Silo cameo)

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Alex06 wrote:
Gangster wrote:

Can you describe bit more detalied what do you like and what dislike in both?

ps SMIFFGIG. new light blue tiberium colour will stay

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really enjoy this very bright yet soft approach to the flora. I like it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

#10 looks so much like H R Geiger's work. A weird biomechanical mash up of geometric repetition and organic curves.

I don't think it fits TS/Rewire.

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't get how you can see that thing as something biomechanical.

It's obviously a cone shaped plant, like a vein hole monster. With a puddle of green in the middle, digestive fluid or something.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's the extreme repetition of the single shape (each vertical rung of the inner edge), the perfect circularity, and the equally spaced tendrils around the outside. The whole thing is so exact in its construction that it seems artificial. It is, based on it's texture, organic though. Organic and artificial feels to me biomechanical.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That, and all the other Tiberium life forms seem rather abstract shapes with rough surfaces (especially 3,6 and 8).

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

fonanext.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.49 KB
 Viewed:  25984 Time(s)

fonanext.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good!

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow. excellent. Surprised

Though the green tree trunk could be a tad sharper imo. Or maybe with a bumpmap so the white spots look a bit more plastic and not that flat.

The shadow should be a bit more accurate. It looks like a big far away placed omni light was used (thus the shadow being smaller than the object) instead of a parallel ray casting directional light (shadow almost same size as object).

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Alex06 wrote:
Gangster wrote:

I kinda agree with Alex06 here.

The bottom part looks more detailed in the first one to me. The latter seems to have the details washed out a bit. Or is this just because that's how it looks ingame? The top part looks better in the latter one.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The shadow isn't smaller than the plant; it appears the light source is so high the shadow is cast almost directly beneath the "treetop".

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^^The shadow of the leaves of the green tree are missing Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the leaves are too thin then the shadow may be less than a pixel wide, and thus lost. I don't see it as a big issue tbh.

I just want Gangster's textures #Tongue

Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Alex06 wrote:
Gangster wrote:

Sure! The original one (not the one ingame) has less of a monochrome look. It is more colored than the other one. It's also got more than 2 shades of blue. The blue "lights" going through it give it a more livid look, whereas the greyish blue that covers all of the plant in the ingame version makes it look more like clay.

So basically the colors are more vibrant and there are more of them.

EDIT: The fatter one (the one with the grey background) also looks more livid due to it being fatter. And the blue lights attract more attention towards the detail on the plant. It makes those small details more visible and, as a result, it looks like it has some sort of light or organs inside and the outside is semi-translucent, or that it has some sort of circulatory system, like a leaf or plant.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK, I have come with 3rd iteration. Actuall difference betwin first and second verison was indeed thouse glowing veins. Later i have reduced that glow because it can't be seen at such distance at day time an added small yellowish tint over it (sun light coloring). But yes, probably veins can be brighter enough just to self-illuminate area where shades are. Here is final image i guess.

PS btw these are not 3d models but paintings.

3rdedit.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  93.91 KB
 Viewed:  25876 Time(s)

3rdedit.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I wish you could add the lightpost parameters (LightIntensity, LightBlueTint, etc.) on TerrainTypes as to make these glow.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
I wish you could add the lightpost parameters (LightIntensity, LightBlueTint, etc.) on TerrainTypes as to make these glow.

Maybe make some of the Tib Flora unselectable buildings.
This would allow alot more functionality, especially for the more exotic flora?

Edit: I'm no expert on RA2YR/Ares modding, but i recently read you can also change the selection box offset to -999 or something and it will render it invisible Smile (don't quote me on this)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, but when damaged, they would still play the crumble sound, and AFAIK would catch on fire when damaged (as the Tiberium flora were not supposed to).

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

offset -9999 works but only for units.
buildings shows health bar even if they been made unselectable. Sad

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Yes, but when damaged, they would still play the crumble sound, and AFAIK would catch on fire when damaged (as the Tiberium flora were not supposed to).
But surely they were indestructible?

Gangster wrote:
offset -9999 works but only for units.
buildings shows health bar even if they been made unselectable. Sad
Think AG found a way of removing it by setting the Height to -9999 or something similar.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
But surely they were indestructible?

If I remember correctly you could destroy them like normal trees

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, Fona is destroyable terrain like any normal tree.

Public SHPs

Tools

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:

Think AG found a way of removing it by setting the Height to -9999 or something similar.

If it's true I can asure you new Fonas eventualy will be custom paletted, use transparency, emit light, spawn gas or tiberium, hell knows what else... custom blossom trees? ...agressive veinholes? large tiberium crystall pillars? >_>

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
OmegaBolt wrote:

If it's true I can asure you new Fonas eventualy will be custom paletted, use transparency, emit light, spawn gas or tiberium, hell knows what else... custom blossom trees? ...agressive veinholes? large tiberium crystall pillars? >_>

It is true. Was posted by kenosis somewhere on RA2 forums and both I & AG have tested it at confirmed working without any obvious side effects. And yes, it has to be a large negative number. Something like 9999 wouldn't work very well. If you want to know why, test it and fly a jumpjet/flying unit above the said building to see.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon