Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Frozen Storm Valley [2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject:  Frozen Storm Valley [2]
Subject description: 3rd Map
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my 3rd map that I made. It is snow-based map and have a lot of accessibility. I also added Ion Storms to make it interesting. It will last for few minutes that will force players to go all ground assault until Ion Storm is over. It will only occur once.

Comments Please Smile

Frozen Storm Valley Map.png
 Description:
Map of The Frozen Storm Valley.
 Filesize:  9.88 KB
 Viewed:  3444 Time(s)

Frozen Storm Valley Map.png

FrozenStormValleyPreview1.png
 Description:
Civilians and Buildings. They are staying near their houses and hope for the best.
 Filesize:  406.22 KB

FrozenStormValleyPreview1.png

FrozenStormValleyPreview2.png
 Description:
Heights. :)
 Filesize:  347.8 KB

FrozenStormValleyPreview2.png

FrozenStormValleyPreview3.png
 Description:
Ion Storm! Run for your life!
 Filesize:  385.97 KB

FrozenStormValleyPreview3.png

frozen storm valley [2].mpr
 Description:
Download Frozen Storm Valley Map!!!

Download
 Filename:  frozen storm valley [2].mpr
 Filesize:  141 KB
 Downloaded:  138 Time(s)

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all those poor civilians must be freezing! #Tongue

Tib under a bridge.. didn't know that was possible!
I've been watching your maps Zero, they've been improving. Keep up the practice, and be sure to look at other people's maps for some personal inspiration, that's how I learned

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol, yeah. poor people :p

Thanks, and yeah you can paint tibs first then put bridge above it.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yea you can place the tiberium and then put the bridge over it. HOWEVER, I highly recommend NOT doing so as it can confuse harvesters. In fact it's always a good idea to try to keep tiberium at least 1 cell away visibility wise from bridges. As a harvester might otherwise try to harvest the tiberium while it's on the bridge and it can't.

I've also been lurking on the maps youve been posting. However, I haven't had too much time to actually look at them.

I will certainly recommend you getting and using Marble Madness if you aren't already as I can see cliff errors from lack of cliff connection pieces and incorrectly used occasions like using a 2 slant piece instead of a 5 curve piece.
I also see shore errors in the areas you've placed water. and on this map in particular, the Level part of the lighting needs to be reduced in order to get the dark blockiness of lighting that's showing up on the cliffs.
You also still have some areas of too straight and too repetitive areas of cliffs.

Your general layout ability is pretty good for a beginner and you haven't been afraid to use cliffs which is good. You also seem to incorporate a pretty good amount of detail.

Keep working on improving your abilities. Just remember that a good map takes time especially if you're working on perfecting your skills with cliffs, shores, and lighting. However, once you have those skills and know what works and what to look for, it becomes a much faster process.
And as Team Black said, one of the best ways to learn is to look at another map which incorporates things correctly that you want in your map and then mimic them into your map and by running through the process of recreating those elements you'll learn how certain elements effect other things and be able to customize them on your own maps to your liking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon