Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Second Tiberium War AI
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject:  Second Tiberium War AI
Subject description: Need some assistance
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm no pro at modding AI, in fact I know very little but I'd like to do some changes to the AI. I've been messing around with the AI settings in Rules.ini and have run into a few snags. If someone could explain a few things to me it would help alot. All I want to do is make the AI attack in larger forces, more frequent, and a begin earlier in the game.

I've already modified the Taskforces to include larger groups of around 3-4 vehicles and 4-5 infantry on average, but once I begin changing anything in Rules.ini particularily with TeamDelays, AIHateDelays, and min/max defensive teams things start goign haywire. Once I touch something it seams it effects multiple other factors messing things up. I've looked at TiberFCSL tutorials and other guides but it looks very complicated like I'd spend a year doing this alone.

ATM my AI attacks around 2minutes into the game which is perfect and with a descently sized taskforce, but after that they stall. I assume something is getting jammed in production or my attack interval is messed. Here is what I have is there something wrong?

TeamDelays=2000,2700,3600
AIHateDelays=2000,3250,5000
---------------------------------------
MultiplayerAICM=250,200,100
FillEarliestTeamProbability=100,80,60
---------------------------------------
MinimumAIDefensiveTeams=3,3,2
MaximumAIDefensiveTeams=5,4,4
TotalAITeamCap=10,8,6

Average taskforce looks something like this:

[096473E0-G]
Name=3 disruptors, 2 Jugger, 2 mutant
0=3,SONIC
1=2,JUGG
2=2,MUTANTWAR
Group=-1

I havent touched anything else so it should all be at default.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd suspect the stall is from the huge TeamDelays=2000,2700,3600
And AIHateDelays=2000,3250,5000 could also need a drop.

Go down by divisor 10 TeamDelays=200,270,360 and see how that works out, I am currently at TeamDelays=110,150,110 and my forces cost about 4000$. If your attack teams cost in total less than 5000$ I'd think it will work out sending forces regularly with a small pause between each. I got 110 twice because I have only 2 difficulties.

You might want to change the AI build speed in the Difficulty settings. Hard and Easy only affect the AI, Normal is for the player. That way it will produce stuff faster and you can prevent the attack forces getting stuck. You need high enough TeamDelays= to let the AI finish an attack force, if the next one is triggered while the other one is unfinished it can get stuck.

AttackDelay=5 controls how long AI waits until it sends first attack. AttackIntervall= is not functional you can ignore it. Can someone confirm if AutocreateTime= is a working tag or a not functional RA left over?

I am currently also fiddling around with the AI... The last thing keeping me from next release.

Some AI mods would be really cool from an AI master. Like UMP mod done with graphics some improving for the AI.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any results?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm testing alot of things out, the problem is I dont know what the values actually mean, like what does TeamDelays=700 mean? is that 700 frames, and if so what other values does it effect? It seams when i touch something it effects others.

Quote:
You need high enough TeamDelays= to let the AI finish an attack force, if the next one is triggered while the other one is unfinished it can get stuck.

That looks like poor AI design to me, eventually when the game goes long enough it doesnt matter what your settings will be this will get stuck. And what if you battling them and destroy their factory or harvesters, does it mess it all up or what?

Arg I dont have patience for AI coding XD

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO always use Recruiter=yes and TeamMembersRecruitable=yes on every TeamTypes you have, that would decrease the possibility they go bloatware.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon