Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:29 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mine Layer weapons [Ares]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject:  Mine Layer weapons [Ares] Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quick tut on making mine layers via dummy weapons that spawn immobile "mine" infantry.

This is a system for spawning just one mine at a time, recommended for infantry usage.

Code:

***Rulesmd.ini***
AnimToInfantry=BRUTE,MINE

[UNIT]
Primary=MineSpawn
Deployer=yes ;Used so you can deploy the unit/infantry instead of having to force fire etc.
DeployFire=yes

[MineSpawn]
Damage=1 ;needs a positive number or WH amin won’t play.
ROF=100 ;I prefer to use the ammo system so I can see when I can deploy again.
Range=1
Projectile=Invisible
Speed=1
Warhead=MineSpawnWH
AreaFire=yes ;Used for the deploying
FireOnce=yes

[MineSpawnWH]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
AnimList=MINESPWN ;Remember to add MINESPWN to the end of the [Animations] list too.

***Artmd.ini***
[MINESPWN]
Image=NONE
MakeInfantry=1
MakeInfantryOwner=invoker ;You need Ares for this, otherwise the mine will be neutral & so will target & destroy the minelayer as soon as it spawns.

Now a cluster weapon that will spawn a field of nine mines around the unit, again add MINE to AnimToInfantry & the same set up for the [UNIT] except for the change in weapon.

Code:

[MineSpawn2]
Damage=0
ROF=100
Range=1
Projectile=MineSpawn2Proj
Speed=1
Warhead=DummyWarhead
AreaFire=yes
FireOnce=yes

[MineSpawn2Proj]
Dropping=yes
AG=yes
ROT=100 ;The lower the number the more random the dispersal of the mines.  
Image=NONE
Airburst=yes
AirburstWeapon=MineSpawn ;Use the same weapon/WH used to spawn the single mine above.

Note: If you are not using the MineSpawn weapon else where it needs to be added to a dummy unit or listed under [WeaponTypes].

Lastly here is the basic code for the dummy MINE infantry.

Code:

[MINE]
UIName=Name:MINE ;recommend to make this string entry empty so it’s harder to spot.
Name=Land Mine
Category=Soldier
Prerequisite=NONE
Primary=MineDemo ;I’ll leave this up to you to code
LeadershipRating=0
Crushable=yes
Strength=100
Armor=plate ;would recommend making a custom amour.
TechLevel=-1
Sight=0
Speed=0
Owner=British,French,Germans,Americans,Alliance,Russians,Confederation,Africans,Arabs,YuriCountry
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
Cost=0
Soylent=0
Points=0
OpportunityFire=yes
Selectable=no
IsSelectableCombatant=no
Locomotor={4A582744-9839-11d1-B709-00A024DDAFD1}
PhysicalSize=1
MovementZone=Infantry
ThreatPosed=0
PreventAttackMove=yes
Trainable=no
Insignificant=yes
DontScore=yes
Size=99
PixelSelectionBracketDelta=999 ;this removes the selection box

Invisible=yes ;Use this to make it invisible to everyone but yourself.
Cloakable=yes ; or use these two instead, but not both.
CloakingSpeed=1

I hope this helps the few people that are having problems.

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Ares #Rules.INI 

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What tweaking do I need to make this compatible with NPExt? The one drawback I see is that I can't own the mines, though I'll just use force fire to throw them at a distance (and mines are just dumb bombs anyways). Did a similar thing with spawning slime thingys as a SW.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never used NPExt so I have no idea, you could use a custom amour type to stop the mines attacking the layer BTW.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wild mines will not work as you expected.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For some mysterious reason, my mines won't fire their weapon as long as the Speed is set to 0.

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, that's why PreventAttackMove=yes is in... otherwise the infantry tries to move, and since it can never reach it's destination, it can never take a new mission to blow up.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I figured out that apparently infantry with Speed=0 is unable to fire a weapon with a SHP projectile with ROT=1 (perhaps 0<). Invisible projectiles work fine.
The verdict on voxel projectiles, arcing and ROT greater 1 is still out. Anyways, I fixed the mine by giving it an invisible projectile and now the Speed can be set to 0 without issues.

Btw, instead of Speed=0, wouldn't the SpeedType or MovementRestrictedTo be the smarter way of preventing the mine from moving?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:

Btw, instead of Speed=0, wouldn't the SpeedType or MovementRestrictedTo be the smarter way of preventing the mine from moving?

Yes. If that does not work, then abusing SpeedTypes to keep the infantry in question immobile should do the trick.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The "MakeInfantry" thing doesn't need a base infantry to "convert" in the first place?

This may sound like a newish question but that have been how all of my implementations of that work as of yet.

PD: Nevermind, I actually undestand it now. The anims normally only get layed as a deathanim of other infantrytype and that's the reason of the "convert" misconception.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is unfortunately a limitation with this method for spawning mines.

Since mines are infantry types,  the auto heal logic of hospitals will affect mines and display the cross healing symbol.

PixelSelectionBracketDelta=999 only removed the HP and selection box.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NULLIFIED BY TESTING>
You can set Organic=no on the mine InfantryType to stop it from being affected by Hospital healing.
However, this will instead cause it to be affected by the Machine Shop's repairing. But that is still abit more realistic.
<NULLIFIED BY TESTING>

Last edited by Millennium on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

26/09/15 - As discussed Organic=yes is hardcoded for infantry so this bug for the mine tutorial still remains.

Last edited by Allied General on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
Millennium wrote:
You can set Organic=no on the mine InfantryType to stop it from being affected by Hospital healing.
However, this will instead cause it to be affected by the Machine Shop's repairing. But that is still abit more realistic.

How about testing instead of typing misleading statements

Infantry types are hardcoded to organic=yes and it takes literally a minute or 2 to check on a test map with a hospital.  Rolling Eyes

Alternatively check

http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Organic

The fact that organic=no inf are not iron curtain immune should give a hint that it was hardcoded as well.

ModEnc clearly says that Organic=no is applicable to TechnoTypes, INCLUDING InfantryTypes. The fact that IC effect cannot be modulated by this setting is indeed in the article, but this does not indicate that the other effects of the flag are not applied to InfantryTypes.

If you have tested this and came to different results, please edit the ModEnc page to reflect your findings. Thank you.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have updated the modenc entry.

Last edited by Allied General on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:

Bullshit, if only you'd atleast ONCE test stuff before you start claiming like you know it all... and you keep wondering why some of us hate you.

Trying to be ModEnc smart in guiding the newbies here is only detrimental as you use it as basis of your guidance combined with assumption and those of us who have modded the years don't have the passion to keep correcting you on every damn turn and frankly ModEnc should be considered as a rough guide, not literal in every case as nobody has the time to dedicate making sure it all checks out, as we'd rather spend the time in making something more worthwhile like own project.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Allied General wrote:
I have updated the modenc entry since you are clearly incapable of testing or apologising for your misleading information.

I see no causal relation between me testing (or apologizing for) my statements and you fixing the entry on ModEnc. But I suppose you needed to hook criticism of me into your sentence somehow. In any case, thank you for updating community resources with the latest results.

ApolloTD wrote:
Millennium wrote:

Bullshit, if only you'd atleast ONCE test stuff before you start claiming like you know it all...

Please continue this sentence. I have tested many things and want to hear what will happen now.

Quote:

and you keep wondering why some of us hate you.

No, I don't wonder. Where have I indicated bewilderment? Some people are hard to please, that's just how it is. I don't worry about it too much.

Quote:

Trying to be ModEnc smart in guiding the newbies here is only detrimental as you use it as basis of your guidance combined with assumption and those of us who have modded the years don't have the passion to keep correcting you on every damn turn

You are not correcting me on every damn turn, neither is anyone else, and neither is there opportunity to do so. I answer more questions than many other people on here and sometimes these answers are correct, sometimes they're incomplete, sometimes they're plain wrong. This can happen to anyone who is as helpful as I am. You are exaggerating my failure quote. I will not assume any nefarious motivation for it. Your memory is probably just being selective about my history on here.

Quote:

combined with assumption

It's true - unfortunately, sometimes when there is a gap in established knowledge and find myself unable to test something quick, I take a shortcut by just assuming the logical outcome to fill that gap. With the engine we're working with, that is not the best method. I'm sorry.

Quote:

and frankly ModEnc should be considered as a rough guide, not literal in every case as nobody has the time to dedicate making sure it all checks out, as we'd rather spend the time in making something more worthwhile like own project.

This was a valuable information. So every information from ModEnc should be re-tested (except the obvious ones)? I will try to upgrade ModEnc with as much corrected information as I can.

I think this hostility could have been avoided if I had posted that it's possible to TRY to set Organic=yes, instead of saying it's the necessary solution. I will keep it in mind in the future. Thank you all.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would advise amending your previous post  on 23/09/15 about Organic=no using the edit function because it is misleading information.

Because westwood coding is not very flexible many of the features will only work one way because the programmers only intended it to have one function.

In the case of Organic=yes it was solely created for squid and dolphin which are vehicle types and not for making infantry accepting vehicle rules e.g. iron curtain, machine shop logic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon